Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Mark Stoops Saw Some Good and Bad in the Ole Miss Performance

As per usual Mark Stoops after watching the film, comes to the podium with a different summation, usually positive but today he saw things with a mixed observation.

Of course, with his rushing the football posture he saw several positives things to point out. However, this season, he felt like they left a lot of execution on the field leading to points on the scoreboard that with better execution the record could be 2-0 rather than 0-2.

Being as the secondary is his bailiwick, it's safe to say that room was not a pleasant place to be this morning. There was way too many times their aggression via blown coverage's led to touchdowns.

The standard answer to can that be fixed, is always a quick yes.

Stoops was ask about the heavy amount of clock on Josh Paschal and Quinton Bohanna, and was that by design? "They (the Rebels) had three quick drives so their condiritioning enables them to hande it,

Paschal in particular needs to be on the field as much as he can handle. "He is playing well and consistent," Stoops said.

Though the Big Blue Blue Wall, save from the five yard line to the end zone in the redzone, his biggest consternation relates to ineffeciently execution in the passing game from the receiving corp as a whole. For the most part Josh ali is doing his job but consistency is lacking from the other receivers.

In his presser, Stoops alluded to attempting to find the right combinations meaning we could see some shaking up of the personnel groupings.

Stooop has always put a high premium winning the one on ones (fifty-fifty balls). There were at leasr two occasions when if they were made they would have resulted in touchdowns or good positioning for touchdowns.

There were six chunk-plays made and that number could have been eight. in the second half Ole Miss scored 21 unanswered points as a result of UK wide receiver drops. The coach said he expects wide receiver Bryce Oliver back on the field Saturday.

That should go a long way in getting fifty/fifty balls. Stoops was happy with the play of Terry Wilson. He was escpecially happy to see him hitting up in between the tackles...ala Lynn Bowden.

He said he expects Kavosiey Smoke to be out maybe two weeks because of a rib-cartliage injury. That injury appeared to occur on a carry at the 0:37 in the first half.

At one point deep into the game the Cats were averaging over nine yards per carry. The standard expectation in college football is four yards a carry. That kind of production will win most football games but as Stoops alluded to, the margin of error is slim playing an all SEC schedule.

So expect the depth chart to look somewhat different for the Mississippi State game. As I predicted, that by mid season Chris Rodriquez could be getting more reps that AJ Rose.

Re: Mark Stoops Saw Some Good and Bad in the Ole Miss Performance

As I predicted, that by mid season Chris Rodriquez could be getting more reps that AJ Rose.
    Rodriquez is the best running back on the team, and needs to be the lead dog
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Is Pascal really playing well? Is anyone on the defensive unit playing well.

They are not getting the push on the pass rush it seems.
    Consistently...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Good stuff Lonny. Thanks.

Ole Miss didn’t score because our receivers dropped passes. They scored because the defense was horrid and the pass rush non existent.

I would hope Mark understands that
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-05-2020 at 09:26 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain