Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White house aide tests positive for Covid

Re: White house aide tests positive for Covid

I like beer..

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Thank you. That makes me feel good and that is a good thing during these times.

I always say that you have to live outside your bubble and have to figure out how to talk and interact with people that have different perspectives, different experiences.

I can go seek out people like me, and at times I do, but it’s important to celebrate the things that bring us together AND have an ability to talk about the things you don’t.

I’ll be honest, while my feelings for Trump are no secret, I don’t want him to die. I want him to survive and adapt. I hope he can become a person that can lead for the next few months on a path out of this pandemic and push real change in attitudes that this isn’t real. That will save lives.
    It will have a positive effect on people wearing masks, I've already seen it just today.

And for the rest, I'm sincere. Disagree or agree, I do respect people who stand up for their beliefs and can defend them.

And as we have discussed recently, I imagine we agree on a lot. In fact most people do, it's only when it enters the purely political realm of elections that it gets so ugly most of the time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That may be the most refutable thing ever posted on here in fact.

Really, in the history of American politics no one has lied as much as Trump? Please. That kind of hyperbole is just as bad as all of his hyperbole.

Every politician lies every day. They lie that they care, they lie about their motives, they argue whichever side suits their political ends the most, and then change sides as soon as the other side helps them more.

So saying one lies more than another is like saying the Atlantic is wetter than the Pacific.

Trump is PT Barnum. His "lies" are mostly these absurd generalizations, over the top claims, and lots and lots of hyperbole. I'm kind of surprised people even take any of it seriously, like believing the acts at a circus sideshow.

Far more serious are the more sophisticated lies of politicians who are much better at it than Trump. The lies that prevent things like school choice (that politicians care about the kids and not the teacher's union), and about 1,000 other things.

I'm far more worried about the endless parade of lies that have people calling for an end to free speech than I am the bluster of someone like Trump, whose lasting impact on American politics is a gadfly compared to the truly insidious lies being told every day.
    What I like about a Trump is that he has fulfilled more campaign promises than any president I can recall. Those he hasn’t fulfilled are small in number.

Now 24 people in the President’s circle have tested positive. Number keeps growing.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Now 24 people in the President’s circle have tested positive. Number keeps growing.
    I suspect they are all lying, to either to bolster Trumps attempt to delay the election, garner sympathy or to get some time off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I suspect they are all lying, to either to bolster Trumps attempt to delay the election, garner sympathy or to get some time off.

Moore is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Ha. I don't put things past any politician. But, if we have learned anything about Trump it is that he thinks sickness is a sign of weakness. He talks that way all the time. I just do not buy he is faking this for any reason whatsoever.
    Will it end up helping or hurting him? We may not know. I would guess it will slightly help him simply because it takes the attention off of a lot of the negative stories that happened right before the diagnosis: the debate debacle, his taxes, Parscale's arrest, Melania's tape, etc etc.
    Him not campaigning probably doesn't hurt much because the people at those rally's are already voting for him. He is getting far more media attention in the hospital than a rally could ever earn.
    And if he does make the 2nd debate...it becomes a no win situation for Biden. If Trump does poorly...he was recovering from Covid. If he does well...wow, what a comeback.
    ~Puma~