Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On Debate?

Thoughts On Debate?

It’s hard to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Thoughts On Debate?

Better with the sound off.

Not what I expected.....Chris Wallace should be fired from Fox. That is my only thought!

Peace

Richard (CW)

My thoughts are the same about every Presidential debate since whenever: if I want to watch primates throw feces at one another, I'll go to the zoo.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Exactly what I expected.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The great America is in deep trouble are my thoughts!

I will vote for my American values and as a Republican but damn we are in trouble!

Thoughts On Debate?

There’s ninety-six minutes I’ll never get back. The only thing that is clear is they each gave each other’s campaign plenty of sound bites that’ll we’ll see in campaign adds starting in 3-2-1... boom!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Thoughts On Debate?

Not sure why I do this to myself, but I went to CNN to see their spin, and their jumping over and interrupting each other.... go figure.

The big spin is Biden won because he didn’t fall apart and have a major mental lapse. Just 10 or 12 small ones.

Back in the day, it would have been an SNL skit....

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Back in the day, it would have been an SNL skit....
    Hehehe. I can actually see that. In a blurry sort of way, as befitting those old days for me

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I see no standing together with Biden but to each his own choice.
    There is definitely a blinded trust in the Democratic Party and one that will eventually lead in the wrong direction.

Getting tired of the day after day talk of racism and repression.
    Those are choices and in no way the cause of why there is a division in races.
    I will trust Candice Owens on this matter and she is a young, intelligent black lady who believes the Democrats are the reason blacks are being held back not Trump.

Trump is losing. Tonight did nothing to change that. Biden is winning and simply needs not screw that up. Trump helped him not do that.
    Trump has 3 chances (these debates) to not look like a complete ass and win some of the very small group of undecided voters. He blew it. He has two more chances but after tonight way less people will watch.
    My stepbrother is a Trump supporter. We’ve argued many times about him. Tonight he texted me, “Ugh”. That just about sums it up.
    I’m stunned at this guys lack of self awareness.

I feel sorry for America that about as simple as I can get.

I fully believe that the countries issues are being controlled by the Democrats, they need unrest to paint anything Trump does in a bad light.

If the Democrats can fund and support the radical terrorist I have zero issue with trumps support.

Trump could not have done more to lose.

I agree terrible job on his part, shows zero leadership.
    His opponent is terrible and he blew it!

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    I agree terrible job on his part, shows zero leadership.
    His opponent is terrible and he blew it!
    You may never remember what someone says but you will always remember how they made you feel. America felt uncomfortable last night.

Trump has been convinced from the start that being "Trump", the Apprentice persona, is what gets him those crowds.

He's wrong, and I imagine many have tried to convince him otherwise, and he won't listen. People vote for him and support him DESPITE his personal attacks and boorish behavior, not b/c of it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

After having a night to digest what bits of it I watched, both candidates owe the public a sincere apology

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    After having a night to digest what bits of it I watched, both candidates owe the public a sincere apology
    As a person Trump has always been a terrible candidate.

MSNBC and others threw love at him in 2016 thinking he'd be the ruin of the GOP in that election. The reason they hate him so much is b/c they know they helped get him elected.

That the Dems came up with the only candidate worse than him in 2016, a corrupt, cold, totally unlikable woman in Hillary, was the only reason he won.

And frankly, while Biden will win this year, it's pathetic that it will even be close. They have come up with a guy who isn't unlikable but who is a political wallflower, with the charisma of the kid you pick last for sports teams and who is a 40 year stuffed shirt insider politician with no real policies or ideology of his own.

It's really sad, but we nominate terrible fools for most offices in this country, b/c people with any sense or morality won't get into politics and if they do they are quickly destroyed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Yeah....330 million people in this country, and those 2 are what we chose....smh lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

MSNBC and others threw love at him in 2016 thinking he'd be the ruin of the GOP in that election. The reason they hate him so much is b/c they know they helped get him elected.

That the Dems came up with the only candidate worse than him in 2016, a corrupt, cold, totally unlikable woman in Hillary, was the only reason he won.

And frankly, while Biden will win this year, it's pathetic that it will even be close. They have come up with a guy who isn't unlikable but who is a political wallflower, with the charisma of the kid you pick last for sports teams and who is a 40 year stuffed shirt insider politician with no real policies or ideology of his own.

It's really sad, but we nominate terrible fools for most offices in this country, b/c people with any sense or morality won't get into politics and if they do they are quickly destroyed.
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 09-30-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

I doubt Biden wins. Rasmussen has them separated by one point, and Biden has to win by more than that nationwide to win the election. California’s lopsided Dem advantage skews the final results.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I doubt Biden wins. Rasmussen has them separated by one point, and Biden has to win by more than that nationwide to win the election. California’s lopsided Dem advantage skews the final results.
    It's sad I hope Biden loses, but I like his entourage of Pelosi, AOC, Schumer a lot less than I like Trump's version with McConnell and Graham, etc. Neither man has much command of his intelligence, but I'll give Trump the edge there versus a career politician who's entire career has been based around rolling with the public opinion. For being "Presidential" I think Trump may be the least so since Andrew Jackson.

What I think may bring the nation to a very bad place is Trump winning on election night and losing as all these magical absentee ballots get counted. That happened in a California house race. If it happens in a race of this magnitude the political schism will be massive.

What I expected... 2 children calling each other "poopyface". The only issue I had was Biden calling Trump a racist, and using the debunked "some good people on both sides" concerning Charoletteville. Trump specifically noted that white supermacists were NOT part of that. The racist label is a tactic used by the left for anybody who disagrees with them. For me, calling a person a racist is on the same level as calling an African American a "N#####". Any person who uses the term without rock solid proof, and I mean an actual racist activity, is as low as it can be. It would be akin to calling Biden a Pedophile because he like to sniff kids hair and be all touchy feely
    Last edited by Doc; 09-30-2020 at 01:15 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

If you (we) take off all political hats and just focus on numbers...its all about Pennsylvania. You can throw the national numbers out and just focus on a few states. But, PA is the big one.

Trump has to win Pennsylvania (and that is if he wins Ohio, Florida and North Carolina) to win. Biden does as well.

The last 5 polls out of PA have Biden up 9, 5, 7, 9 and 4 (in that order). Trump has to improve there or he's toast. He won there in 2016 by a half % point against a very unpopular candidate. Biden is popular in PA as he's from there. I expect he wins.

From a Biden perspective, they will push hard in Ohio and Florida even though they don't need to win either one to win. Why? Because both have Republican Governors and Trump has publicly said he trusts those states for mail in ballots. Also, those two states count mail ins before the election and so will have concrete numbers on election night (while other states will take days to count since their rules say they have to be postmarked by Election Day). If Biden wins either, even other Republicans will come out and say Trump lost.
    ~Puma~

Rasmussen (the most right leaning pollster) has Biden up by 8 today.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...se_watch_sep30
    ~Puma~

Thoughts On Debate?

Investors were really put off by the absurdity of last night’s debate. The Dow closed up 329 points, and S&P was up 27.53.

Can we have another nanny-nanny-poo-poo tonight too?