Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Breonna Taylor case

Breonna Taylor case

It appears that much of what the media ran with wasn’t true at all. The warrant wasn’t served as a no knock, but as a standard warrant. Neighbors testified to hearing the police announce themselves. The boyfriend testified to being the first to shoot. It may be tough to get the charges of wanton endangerment to stick with the officer responding to his fellow LEOs being under fire.

Fab Five

Re: Breonna Taylor case

The facts are lies!!
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It appears that much of what the media ran with wasn’t true at all. The warrant wasn’t served as a no knock, but as a standard warrant. Neighbors testified to hearing the police announce themselves. The boyfriend testified to being the first to shoot. It may be tough to get the charges of wanton endangerment to stick with the officer responding to his fellow LEOs being under fire.
    Let's make sure we get a couple of things accurate here. First, there were not neighbors. There was one, and that one testified multiple times before that they did NOT hear the police announce themselves. Only after months and multiple questionings did that neighbor recall something. The grand jury did not have those details OR the details of the 11(?, the exact number escapes me now) other neighbors that said that they did NOT hear the police announce themselves. The grand jury also did not get to hear the 911 call where a neighbor said there have been shots fired, send the police.

There was definitely a challenge of what charges to be brought, but this is just another absolute incident where the prosecutor believed the police and not the witnesses and presented the grand jury with only the facts that they felt were necessary, not ALL the facts. It's convenient for Cameron to say that facts were reviewed. Obviously they were, but they were not presented with context and ALL the facts. That really does not make things factual.

The other failure is that in KY, police do not have extra rights of self defense. KY laws, I believe, state that if a 3rd party in a shoot out is killed an arrest is made. The cops had their defense, but not their day in court for a jury to decide. Cameron took it upon himself to bestow upon the cops a privilege that the law does not give them while depicting a scenario where the first bullet fired was NOT an act of self defense itself.

Once again, the state of Kentucky screamed loud and clear yesterday that Blue Lives Matter. The nation is now screaming back at that.

I guess you were in the briefing and live in the Louisville area?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    I assumed Stu was on the Grand Jury.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Do you fail to understand that this is a national story and everything was televised live worldwide? It is VERY easy to listen and understand what happened in this case when you look at it objectively, and I think that I can say that as someone who did not think that murder would be charged and understand the difficulties of being able to bring appropriate charges and the reasons behind those.

And I am sure you understand that not all the true facts are reported and that the media agenda has been in full force.

The Grand Jury wasn't televised live.... so "everything was televised live worldwide" is inaccurate (aka a lie). Add but even if it was, the accuracy of the media is fodder for a whole new thread. But watching it televised means likely it was not objective simply because the reporting isn't objective.

For me, I want full due process for both the victim and the police officers. I have faith in the process until it is shown to be flawed. The grand jury ruled as they did based on the facts presented to them.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Just a few pertinent questions that were not answered, nor questioned by the reporters.

Was Taylor armed and did she fire any shots? Did the boyfriend only fire once, the shot that hit the officer in the leg? Did the boyfriend suffer any injuries? If not. given the hail of bullets that were flying around, did he disappear after snapping off his one shot? Were Taylor and boyfriend well lit in the hallway or was it a dark, or poorly lit area?

I swear I kept waiting for someone in the reporter contingent to ask the AG the race of the boyfriend. Hard to believe they missed such an opportunity unless they already knew the answer. I just know he is Caucasian and the LEOs chose to shoot the black person in the hallway instead of the white guy.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Do you fail to understand that this is a national story and everything was televised live worldwide? It is VERY easy to listen and understand what happened in this case when you look at it objectively, and I think that I can say that as someone who did not think that murder would be charged and understand the difficulties of being able to bring appropriate charges and the reasons behind those.
    Do you realize there were numerous erroneously reported “facts?”

Comeback Cat

I laugh at Stu preaching from his Virginia perch about what happened in Louisville on March 13. Does his National narrative include Breonna was fired as a EMT for stealing drugs. That her ex boyfriend was a major drug dealer and listed her apartment as his address. That she was just innocently holding $14k for him. No one is happy she died but she chose to put herself in a bad situation

It is sad she died but the crowd she hung with put her in a dangerous position.
    I to have heard she no longer was an EMT and wish our great investigative reporters would do a story on that side. There is a reason a warrant was issued in the first place.

Stu is one that disagrees with everything and believes he knows it all, a Democrat.

Breonna Taylor case

Gee wiz! I’m glad I read Stu’s post, I had no idea the Commonwealth’s AG knowingly with held evidence to the grand jury. Now we know our entire legal system tanked to protect two LEO’s for returning fire after being fired upon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

First, those midnight no knock raids are just another erosion of our rights due to the illegal drug trade and the war on drugs.

Second, I’m sorry for her and her family.

Third the police and justice system is different for black people than for white people.

Fourth, the grand jury is the best we can do. If not a grand jury of our peers system what would you suggest? Inquisitions? Trial in the press?

Finally, shooting at anyone in the dark without identity caused the death of a woman and injury of a police officer.
    Last edited by bigsky; 09-25-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    First, those midnight no knock raids are just another erosion of our rights due to the illegal drug trade and the war on drugs.

Third the police and justice system is different for black people than for white people.

Fourth, the grand jury is the best we can do. If not a grand jury of our peers system what would you suggest? Inquisitions? Trial in the press?

Finally, shooting at anyone in the dark without identity caused the death of a woman and injury of a police officer.
    I agree with all of your points. Those midnight raids where doors are busted down seem to be contrary with the intent of the Fourth Amendment. Biden’s 1994 crime bill made that third one even more unbalanced, lots of people are serving long sentences over marijuana.

I have never had my door busted in at midnight so I can not say....

But I do know I have never sold drugs, never shot a police officer (or anybody else for that matter), never resisted arrest, never had anybody found dead in a car I rented....I suspect the police treat ALL people, regardless of color, who shoot at them equally. I am sure that if I shot a LEO, odds are they would shoot back even though I am privileged enough to have white skin.

That said, I am not in favor of no knock raids. I do understand why they do them though (to add to their safety by not allowing the arrestee to get prepared....of course the down side is that the inhabitants have no idea they are the police...and somebody smashes in my door, I am going for a gun).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Agree. The 4th amendment is bullied with a no-knock warrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post