Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Democrats...the Peace Loving Party

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Democrats...the Peace Loving Party

Re: Democrats...the Peace Loving Party

It's not fair to characterize it as "Democrats", any more than Fawell Jr.'s antics is reflective of Republicans or Christians.

I do question the relative silence of the Democratic leadership as groups like Antifa have taken hold, just as I question the lack of condemnation of Falwell Jr. by Christian leaders, etc.

I do agree there is a core of Leftists in this country who are deeply hypocritical about embracing diversity and accepting everyone right up until the have to accept someone who disagrees with them, b/c then they quickly call for the end of free speech and outright violence to enforce their beliefs. They are not "Democrats" but they are not being condemned as universally as they should be by mainstream leaders.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Chuck, to me you are describing the difference between the “classic liberal” and the “progressive liberal”. The problem with the latter is the position is always changing....and the goal posts consistently move.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Chuck, to me you are describing the difference between the “classic liberal” and the “progressive liberal”. The problem with the latter is the position is always changing....and the goal posts consistently move.
    When one group stands by and allows the other free reign to burn and loot is there really a difference?

I never call them "progressive", but yes I agree. The left of this world, on a global scale, love to pick terms that imply things they are not. "People's Democratic Republic" always means a dictatorship for example.

There is nothing progressive about this shift from trying to have a colorblind world to calls for segregated housing on campuses, or having laws against "hate speech" with them conveniently defining the term, or steering America to a failed political economy that has been a disaster in every nation in which it has been tried since the 19th century.

In many ways modern Leftists are the most regressive political movement we have seen in 100 years, only beaten out by the Dixiecrats and Klan movements of the 1920s and 30s.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.