Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Early Voting in Virginia--Woo Hoo!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Early Voting in Virginia--Woo Hoo!

Fellow Cat Fans,

I just returned home from early voting in Arlington. We considered voting by mail. However, I find the post master general to be on the same level as low level mob in Jersey who works for the "Don". I am a big believer in the Post Office but I fear this guy.

Today is the first day to cast a vote in Virginia and we took advantage of the opportunity. There is nothing like voting. It is a special feeling.

Voting means something. We fought a war with England to ensure we had true representation in our affairs. This past year I read about Alice Paul who led our nation's first protests for the right to vote. She was jailed. She was beaten. She was called Un-American. She went on a hunger strike and force fed.

She helped women get the vote.

I read this week about a veteran who came home after fighting in WWII. He was shot dead on his front porch for casting a vote as an African American in his small South Carolina town.

I voted. Four years ago I held my nose and voted for a candidate that I found qualified to be president (at least grading on the curve) while believing her to be totally unfit. The realistic alternative was a person I found not only to be morally unfit to serve but totally unqualified as well.

But the Abraham Accords aside, I find him to be even more morally unfit and unqualified. But he is shrewd. And he will bend our Republic to his as a autocracy if he stays in office.

I know most of you won't believe me. That is your right. I know too that my Beloved Kentucky tragically stands behind this stain on humanity. Most likely my vote in Virginia will be one of many that opposes Trump. I am sure my vote will not be the tipping point. I know my words of warning and concern for this threat to our Republic will go unheeded by you.

But today I exercised my right. I exercised a right that has been denied to other Americans. I am exercising a right that may well be denied to Americans in this election.

I exercised my right to vote in a election that Trump talked about postponing. I exercised my right to vote in a election that Trump has already put into question and if one can take him at his tweets may well consider illegitimate if he loses the electoral college. I am big believer in the electoral college but if Trump loses the popular vote in the the numbers I expect, if he loses the electoral but challenges his legitimacy that will be a terrible day for America.

We already have a HHS appointee talking about stockpiling ammo.

Regardless it feels great to vote. With the stroke of a pen I cast a vote for America and against the single greatest individual threat our nation has ever faced.

Many here will cast a different vote. That is your right.

But it is great to be American. It is great to stand up for what you believe to be right. It is great to stand up for freedom and against the Head Twitter Troll in Chief.

God bless you all. And may God save the United States.
    Last edited by UKHistory; 09-18-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Re: Early Voting in Virginia--Woo Hoo!

You’ve been claiming the sky is falling for four years, it hasn’t fallen and it won’t with Trump in the White House for the next four years. Claiming a Trump is an autocrat after the Obama years that brought us the IRS subverting the voice of conservatives, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and a plot against Obama’s successor is really off the rails.

It is kind of odd that vote by mail issues occur in predominantly Dem controlled areas and have nothing to do with the post office, but by the ineptitude of the Dems running those elections.