Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Central Alabama, have you laid in your supply of gopherwood?

Central Alabama, have you laid in your supply of gopherwood?

Please do not drive after dark.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-14-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Central Alabama, have you laid in your supply of gopherwood?

Gulf Shores webcam

The bath tub is all stirred up
    seeya
    dan

Looks like some good surfin'.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

This is going to mainly be a rain storm but as Harvey showed even those can get pretty nasty.

I think we're supposed to get almost 5 inches of rain over Wednesday and Thursday, and were not even in the heavy rain area. It's moving so slowly it's going to dump a lot of rain on some areas. In the good news department, of course, the wind is slowing down to barely hurricane strength.

The only thing missing from the beach cam is the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

We received 10 inches from it in 24 hrs before it went fully into the Gulf. Twice as much rain as Irma left in 2017.

Live recorded film of the Gulf Shores sea conditions at the municipal pear are showing heavy rain, high winds and wave heights of 15 to 20 feet. The gulf is really rocking and rolling in their live images.
    seeya
    dan

I've been at the Gulf a couple times in similar situations. As long as we have felt it was safe and there wasn't a mandatory evacuation, we have enjoyed it quite a bit. Of course, we don't do anything stupid like go out into the Gulf.

Ok, tounge in cheek here...

Bourbon Street getting a good rinsing down....

Part of the three mile bridge in Pensacola collapsed.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/09/16/...rricane-sally/Screenshot_20200916-131012.jpg

Good thing BEvans evacuated...

@EdPiotrowski: Perdido Key, FL (southwest of Pensacola, FL) took the brunt of the eastern eyewall of Hurricane #Sally. Significant damage done by wind, surge, and rainfall flooding. Video courtesy of Brandon Clement with Live Storms Media. #Flwx #ALwx #MSwx #SCwx #NCwx https://twitter.com/EdPiotrowski/sta...297152/video/1

This is why I'm considering living on a boat rather than having a permanent home right on the water somewhere. Can take all your stuff and leave.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This is why I'm considering living on a boat rather than having a permanent home right on the water somewhere. Can take all your stuff and leave.
    Dude, have you not seen all the yachts and giant fishing boats that are parked on peoples porches and in their front yards?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Dude, have you not seen all the yachts and giant fishing boats that are parked on peoples porches and in their front yards?
    Why they don't take it and leave is the part that confuses me.

I watched several video feeds of people riding out last year's storm, and it seems if you move your boat to the right place you're fine. Leave it parked where it's going to get washed down Broadway and 2nd street and you'll have problems.

I'm probably being extremely naive, but it does confuse me. Storm is tracking to the west coast of Florida, OK, go to Texas or the Atlantic, etc. Now, you have to be on your boat to do that, so maybe that's the issue.