Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pelosi attempts to cut the British PM off at the knees

Pelosi attempts to cut the British PM off at the knees

One of the major selling points of the British move to exit the EU is that there will be massive trade agreements with the USA to replace the current terrible trade agreements in place with the EU bloc. Even though she is not the leader of this country she has taken it upon herself to attempt to scare the British populace with the threat of no trade agreement with the USA unless they do as she says.

The witch is back on her broom

"Let me be clear: if the Brexit deal undermines the Good Friday accords, there will be no chance of a U.S.-U.K. trade agreement," she said.

It’s in contrast to the position of President Trump and many Republicans, who have been bullish about the possibilities of an agreement between the U.S. and the U.K.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-13-2020 at 08:01 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Pelosi attempts to cut the British PM off at the knees

That woman is like the swarm of mosquitoes that ruin your picnic.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Mosquitoes or locust?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What changes are they wanting to make to the deal I wonder? And why now?

I had no clue at first what the good friday accords were.

For others like me..

It served as a major development in the Northern Ireland peace process of the 1990s. Northern Ireland's present devolved system of government is based on the agreement. The agreement also created a number of institutions between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, and between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-13-2020 at 06:41 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Not knowing beans about what all is contained in those agreements, it would seem that all sides would have to agree on any change. And in that case, it's none of our business.

Is this by any chance siding with Ireland in any way?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The EU has trade agreements with Northern Ireland and the open border between Ireland and N Ireland has allowed trade goods to transit from N. Ireland thru Ireland to England with no tariffs or restrictions. Do away with the EU and N Ireland trade agreement and poof goes the access of England to the EU goods tariff free. There is a lot more to the agreement as it allows free travel between N Ireland and Ireland for the citizens of the two countries.

Brexit happened because those trade and travel agreements are in place and if the USA can't abide by the trade guarantees it made with the British PM, then we are screwing the voters of Great Britain that believed in us when they recorded their votes for pulling out of the EU.

Pelosi warns 'no chance' of US-UK trade deal if Brexit undermines Good Friday accord

Why she thinks she has any right to interfere in negotiations between Britain and the EU or get involved in the arrangements between the 2 Irelands is totally beyond me. She can only screw up 4 years of other people's work to put together a country's financial freedom and trade agreements with the country that is friendly to the new plans and futures of 2 of the strongest countries in the world. It almost seems as if she is in cahoots with China and Iran.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Not knowing beans about what all is contained in those agreements, it would seem that all sides would have to agree on any change. And in that case, it's none of our business.

Is this by any chance siding with Ireland in any way?
    It's siding with anti-Brexit. One of the biggest wedges the pro-EU side has had is the messy issues of maintaining the trade aspects of the Good Friday accords and Ireland still be part of the EU for trade. If Ireland has free trade with the EU and Britain has free trade through Northern Ireland with Ireland, then it's an obvious end run around the whole thing. It's just a complex mess from a technical standpoint, but hardly enough to justify Britain staying in the EU.

That's what it's about, Pelosi is a globalist. Obama actively campaigned for England to remain in the EU.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Britain and Germany are the deepest pockets to fund the EU.....and now it all lands on Germany.
    Give it a few years and Germany will want out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Britain and Germany are the deepest pockets to fund the EU.....and now it all lands on Germany.
    Give it a few years and Germany will want out too.
    I think it will collapse in less than 5 years after Britain gets out. Germany will not be willing to foot the bill for that long.
    seeya
    dan

Well the democratic candidate for President in the coming election accepted a ride on the back of the witches broom.

“More pernicious nonsense was never devised by man than treaties of commerce.” Thus declares Benjamin Disraeli in his novel, “Endymion.” As prime minister, however, Dizzy set aside such literary license, leaping at any opportunity to sell English goods abroad. Trade was, after all, key to the success of the British Empire on the global stage.
    Click Image to Enlarge

Not much has changed on that score since Disraeli’s day. Indeed, one Brexit aim was to uncouple the United Kingdom from the European Union’s sclerotic trade policy. For Brussels, a top-heavy bureaucratic regulatory regime took precedence over the entrepreneurial initiatives of Britain’s battalions within its producer class.

America, too, from its founding, is motivated toward greater opportunity and economic growth. Not all its leaders, though, are in sync with the aspirations of millions of wealth creators.

For at the referendum in 2016, when a majority of Britons voted to exit the EU, Vice President Biden confessed that he had “preferred a different outcome.” Nevertheless, based on the “long-standing friendship” between America and the United Kingdom, he would “fully respect the decision they have made.”

To wit: “America’s special bond with the United Kingdom runs deep and will endure.”

Four years on, like many of his previous political stands, Mr. Biden’s tune has changed. The former vice president has made what the Express calls a “stunning threat” to put the UK at the “back of the queue” for trade talks — another example of plagiarized phraseology. Like many another Democratic pol, Mr. Biden uses the excuse of peace in Northern Ireland.

The Democratic nominee, the Express reports, “has reacted furiously to claims this week that Boris Johnson will throw out the Brexit agreement on Northern Ireland.” The Express adds that a BBC correspondent, David Grossman, is saying that Mr Biden would “dismantle any progress made in the talks so far.”

Linkage

A vote for Biden is a vote to forget trade with the UK and keep right on trucking with the ChiComs and the Ukrainians
    seeya
    dan

Biden himself has no positions on anything. His advisors have positions. Currently their position is globalism.

Now, biden's family will have positions based on who pays them the most. The Brits will just need to set up a trade investment group with one of Biden's relatives on the Board drawing a big fat check and stock options, and they'll get their trade deal.

Trump is an ass, but he's been true to his stated goals. Biden has been stuffed shirt even before he became senile.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Biden himself has no positions on anything. His advisors have positions. Currently their position is globalism.

Now, biden's family will have positions based on who pays them the most. The Brits will just need to set up a trade investment group with one of Biden's relatives on the Board drawing a big fat check and stock options, and they'll get their trade deal.

Trump is an ass, but he's been true to his stated goals. Biden has been stuffed shirt even before he became senile.
    For all the Dems claims Trump would put a for sale sign on the White House it’s their side that tends to put the dollar before governance.

Does Elizabeth II Privately Fear Win by Biden?

It may be easy for some to dismiss the opinions, political actions, and world status of one of our country's greatest allies, but in my opinion we do those things at our own peril.

https://www.nysun.com/foreign/does-e...a-biden/91287/
    seeya
    dan

Boris just told her where to stick her broom.

https://www.nysun.com/editorials/bor...-brexit/91304/

The need for principled leadership from Mr. Johnson right now is acute, owing to the coincidence — if it is a coincidence — of the American election. The odds-makers are now betting on a Biden presidency, which would mean a presidency that, in sharp contradistinction to the Trump administration, opposes an independent Britain. Mr. Johnson must know that if he doesn’t walk away decisively and promptly, Britain could yet end up at — as President Obama once put it — the back of the queue.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 10-19-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    seeya
    dan