Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Timetable for "normal" is mid to late 2021 maybe?

Timetable for "normal" is mid to late 2021 maybe?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...arner-theaters

Fauci speculating we'd need 80%-90% vaccine effectiveness and apparently near everyone getting one.

that seems a very very high bar to me, b/c at that point you've all but defeated it haven't you? At that point analogies to other diseases/viruses would seem quite apt, and we have survived those with far fewer precautions.

Not surprised his bar would be extremely high, but just putting it out there. Also dubious a vaccine will a) be that effective, or b) that we'll get enough people to take it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Timetable for "normal" is mid to late 2021 maybe?

I predict things will open up a lot more after November 3rd.

OK here is the deal. When I was a youngster and did not have the right to choose my actions by myself, I got vaccinations for Mumps, measles, chicken pox, polio, tetanus, and probably 10 more diseases that I do not remember anything about.

When I got to be 20 or so I said I ain't taking no more stinkin shots for diseases I probably won't get. That worked out well for me for several years until I ventured outside the USA and to go the places I had to visit I had to get several vaccines. That event passed and we moved on for another 40 years or so with no more shots. Then I get pneumonia and the flu and those pesky diseases landed me in the hospital for a 2 month stay. I have gotten vaccinations for each of those diseases once a year each year after the previous hospital stay.

If my doctor tells me that I have a choice of taking a covid vaccination or I can stay locked up in my house for the next 6 months, then the vaccination is the best choice for me.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Nov 4th
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

If I have to wear a mask to protect others, why is it that refusing a vac to protect me is acceptable?

I should clarify thst the mask to protect others is total BS. Find me a single actual real scientific study that show me wearing a msk.protects others and I will shut up. Younwear a mask to protect you. If you are wearing a mask, mine is not relevent
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If I have to wear a mask to protect others, why is it that refusing a vac to protect me is acceptable?

I should clarify thst the mask to protect others is total BS. Find me a single actual real scientific study that show me wearing a msk.protects others and I will shut up. Younwear a mask to protect you. If you are wearing a mask, mine is not relevent
    That’s what I have contended all along, you wear a mask to protect you. If someone is quarantined in a hospital with some airborne contagion they aren’t wearing a mask, but the hospital personnel definitely put on PPE before going in that room. They do that to protect themselves, not the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    That’s what I have contended all along, you wear a mask to protect you. If someone is quarantined in a hospital with some airborne contagion they aren’t wearing a mask, but the hospital personnel definitely put on PPE before going in that room. They do that to protect themselves, not the patient.
    The "you for me, me for you' movement is just another means to force people into submission. It is the guilt you to do it approach. Many examples of this. Yesterday I was in the grocery store, following the arrows on the floor. I missed my item and went back to get it. This old geezer looks and me and points to the arrow and tells me I am going the wrong way. Yet again, the guilt or shame approach.....because going one way in a grocery store somehow decreases spread. Where is the science to support that?