Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Black lives matter" vs. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation

Re: "Black lives matter" vs. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation

I support the majority who are saying Black lives matter. Those who endure racial profiling and other forms of bias and racism in ways others seldom have endured. The things that, every coach from across this country especially, have pointed out they see and deal with almost daily with the young men placed under their watch.
    They and those like them are the clear majority who are protesting and unaffiliated with the more radical organized elements of that movement.
    In fact, I have pointed out something factual about the make up of the BLM movement.

So you can be angry all you want and hurl vitriol and insults all around. But refusing to acknowledge that there are some fine Americans out there performing what they see as their civic duty, and instead lump them all into an organization with views no one has voiced support for in this thread....should give everyone pause and reason for self reflection.

This time (no smiley faces), I am also very disappointed.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-13-2020 at 12:02 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I support the majority who are saying Black lives matter. Those who endure racial profiling and other forms of bias and racism in ways others seldom have endured. The things that, every coach from across this country especially, have pointed out they see and deal with almost daily with the young men placed under their watch.
    They and those like them are the clear majority who are protesting and unaffiliated with the more radical organized elements of that movement.
    In fact, I have pointed out something factual about the make up of the BLM movement.

So you can be angry all you want and hurl vitriol and insults all around. But refusing to acknowledge that there are some fine Americans out there performing what they see as their civic duty, and instead lump them all into an organization with views no one has voiced support for in this thread....should give everyone pause and reason for self reflection.

This time (no smiley faces), I am also very disappointed.
    More often than not those they are protesting for in their demonstrations turn out to be criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    I will support anyone that comes out and says they are in favor of all people getting equal treatment under the law.

Anyone that supports the group Black Lives Matter can go to Hell. Calipari is nothing to me now but a spineless jellyfish.

I’m sure he cares not at all; and neither do I

Darryl
    I'd be curious how many participating in this thread will give an amen to you.

Of course everyone supports equal treatment under the law. That is exactly what the majority are standing for.
    But this thread made a point that is not being addressed. It has instead become a hate thread void of any rational dialogue about the subject. Why is that? The facts say you cannot throw the entire movement under the banner of one organization among many. 50 plus as I read it.
    And that many protesters are not affiliated nor support any particular organization. And probably the huge majority.

That was the discussion. And for the life of me I cannot see why that makes folks so angry.

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...-lives-matter/

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    More often than not those they are protesting for in their demonstrations turn out to be criminals.
    In some cases it appears. In others they are only portrayed as such by some. But even suspected criminals have rights that can be violated.
    Yet still, that is not what this thread was about.

Those are but the headlines to the protests.
    There is a much broader cause and one which our coaches at UK and elsewhere have pointed out. That which they have seen and dealt with numerous times in their professions. And that they acknowledge from first hand experience as it effects the young people under their care.

Surely some consideration should be given those folks in light of the facts I presented. Politics aside.

Last edited by kingcat; 09-13-2020 at 12:54 PM.

In some cases it appears. In others they are only portrayed as such by some. But even suspected criminals have rights that can be violated.
    Yet still, that is not what this thread was about.

Those are but the headlines to the protests.
    There is a much broader cause and one which our coaches at UK and elsewhere have pointed out. That which they have seen and dealt with numerous times in their professions. And that they acknowledge from first hand experience as it effects the young people under their care.

Surely some consideration should be given those folks in light of the facts I presented. Politics aside.

The cause is a manipulated myth. If they really thought black lives mattered they would address the murder rate among blacks in the big cities run by Democrats. These people are being used to further the agenda of Marxists.

That is only politicizing the subject Keith. And is itself a manipulated myth.

What answer do you think you would get from a player or student at UK or the average person on the street? We both know such political talking points would be foreign to them, and they would answer that they themselves have dealt with problems in the real world that are being addressed.

My only point in this thread is that the factual data supports what I am saying. Black lives matter is a personal statement to the huge majority of protesters and not the loosely run organization referred to by their detractors. Nor any one of the other organizations.
    Do they have undue influence? Probably so but the desire to find any negatives and the write the big story or further a political agenda contributes greatly to that.

Criticize the one by all means, but folks should understand exactly who and what they are criticizing. If it's not worth the effort, it seems to be an ingenuine, political or racially motivated concern to me.

And I had no idea the thread (not your post) would take such a turn as it did. It seems people are itching for confrontation.
    Amazing.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-13-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Ludwig von Mises deemed such folks useful idiots in support of the greater cause. It’s playing out in this instance.

Thanks for admitting that..

Rupp's Runt

"Black lives matter" vs. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation

Those supporting BLM with good intentions need to start a new movement to separate themselves from what BLM has become IMO

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Those supporting BLM with good intentions need to start a new movement to separate themselves from what BLM has become IMO

Or at least seek to clarify the distinction. Which is all I have tried to do here.
    But in any situation like this support from all directions is usually welcomed and never refused. Black lives matter is the slogan used since 2012 by peaceful protesters abdicating awareness and change to do with law enforcement. Whether right or wrong that's what it is. The organization we are discussing delves into Black LGBT protests and many other issues.

Would it be received similarly is the question. But make no mistake, many do not want it separate. Especially the news worthy and the news media.

The movement Black lives matter was originally an organized protest while the organization by the three ladies in question formed off of that event. And it is officially of another name.
    The catch is that they purchased the blacklivesmatter.com and are mistakenly assumed to own and fly that banner as a slogan. That is convenient for both them and those who seek to achieve their own unique political advantage in opposition.

We should ourselves be willing make that distinction imo. At least to some extent if our concerns are genuine.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-13-2020 at 05:00 PM.

And before I get cast in the melting pot by everyone, here is my post in a Larry Vaught thread on FB from a day or so ago with reference to changing the Rupp arena name. The response is to a Black gentleman fwiw.

First, I support our young men and the many protesters across the country. Racism certainly exists and is a continuing plague across America and the world. But, I still have not heard what Coach Rupp did that the rest of the college sports world did not. Not to mention all other such organizations across the nation. Will every coach who coached all white or all black athletic programs prior to desegregation, be held to this standard? Judged not on their actions but supposed inaction and despite knowing their personal views on racial issues? Or will some accept a scape goat or two and forsake trying to actually change the hearts and minds of their fellow Americans? And there were also predominantly Black colleges which now accept people of any race; yet before the Civil Rights movement accepted only Black students. How does that differ exactly if the coach at such a program did not stand up for desegregation in the face of social beliefs in that era, and his own faculty and fanbase? And "they" can a treacherous and misunderstood word by the way..

And so I dont agree with many things associated with the BLM movement. But I understand no one is certain of what change needs to come about which leaves folks grasping at straws. You cant change a heart or a mind by protest, but maybe you can plant a seed of serious contemplation.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-13-2020 at 05:45 PM.

All of these current riots not protest have come about because a known criminal decided he did not want to ever obey the law and actions were taken against this known criminal. Were is the racism in these events? how were these individuals hunted down as some have mentioned?

The root of the issue that no one wants to discuss is the lack of father figures in the homes, poor role models and the continued lack of education that continues to place these individuals behind not racism or repression!
    I will never buy that.
    This is America get up and work for what you want and stop asking for things to be given.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Or at least seek to clarify the distinction. Which is all I have tried to do here.
    But in any situation like this support from all directions is usually welcomed and never refused. Black lives matter is the slogan used since 2012 by peaceful protesters abdicating awareness and change to do with law enforcement. Whether right or wrong that's what it is. The organization we are discussing delves into Black LGBT protests and many other issues.

Would it be received similarly is the question. But make no mistake, many do not want it separate. Especially the news worthy and the news media.

The movement Black lives matter was originally an organized protest while the organization by the three ladies in question formed off of that event. And it is officially of another name.
    The catch is that they purchased the blacklivesmatter.com and are mistakenly assumed to own and fly that banner as a slogan. That is convenient for both them and those who seek to achieve their own unique political advantage in opposition.

We should ourselves be willing make that distinction imo. At least to some extent if our concerns are genuine.
    Those protestors have followed the Marxists down this path, pushed by the false media narrative that police are hunting black Americans.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    All of these current riots not protest have come about because a known criminal decided he did not want to ever obey the law and actions were taken against this known criminal. Were is the racism in these events? how were these individuals hunted down as some have mentioned?

The root of the issue that no one wants to discuss is the lack of father figures in the homes, poor role models and the continued lack of education that continues to place these individuals behind not racism or repression!
    I will never buy that.
    This is America get up and work for what you want and stop asking for things to be given.
    Excellent post. The vast majority of the success people enjoy in life is a direct result of their own actions/effort

Darryl

That was the discussion. And for the life of me I cannot see why that makes folks so angry.

And I had no idea the thread (not your post) would take such a turn as it did. It seems people are itching for confrontation.
    Amazing.

First, I applaud you for trying to have an honest dialogue. 2nd, rational people who actually support movements towards equality that the statement 'Black Lives Matter' absolutely understand the differences.

Your two comments.

I'm not surprised at all of why that makes people angry. The thing that has boggled my mind for my entire life has been why would ANY person want to discriminate against any person that is not like them? A big reason why people are angry is because equality is a threat to the only systems that people understand. They think that freedoms and equality are a zero sum game. No one will ever admit this, because they can't recognize it in themselves. It is easier to blame anything and everything than to get to the root of the problems.

Your second point, when I saw the title of the thread and started reading it, it is EXACTLY how I thought it would turn out.

Excellent post. The vast majority of the success people enjoy in life is a direct result of their own actions/effort

Darryl
    Completely disagree. It starts with environment. Available opportunities are another. There are SO many people that work hard, make good decisions and do everything right that have no opportunities or very limited ones to be able to enjoy life like so many other people do. THAT is absolutely by design.

Rupp's Runt

"Black lives matter" vs. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Completely disagree. It starts with environment. Available opportunities are another. There are SO many people that work hard, make good decisions and do everything right that have no opportunities or very limited ones to be able to enjoy life like so many other people do. THAT is absolutely by design.
    Agree that environment can be a contributing factor. But if Darryl is completely wrong then please explain the difference between myself and my cousins. We grew up on the same farm with nearly identical environments. I have a decent career, they can't keep a fast food job.

Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 09-14-2020 at 10:12 AM.

I would say you don’t fit the agenda or narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Agree that environment can be a contributing factor. But if Daryl is completely wrong then please explain the difference between myself and my cousins. We grew up on the same the same farm with nearly identical environments. I have a decent career, they can't keep a fast food job.

It was good to see the sheriff call lebron out after this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Ludwig von Mises deemed such folks useful idiots in support of the greater cause. It’s playing out in this instance.
    The Chinese Communists would agree:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gro...t-china-report

here's one BLM organization that is funded at least in part by the Chinese.

(BTW, the Russians aren't a big threat, but the Chinese are a massive threat. The Russians lack the economic resources to do much of anything, but the Chinese are fully capable of crippling the US over time.)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.