Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: NFL ratings down 16% over last years Thursday night opener

NFL ratings down 16% over last years Thursday night opener

Can’t say that I am surprised....

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-ratings...162037891.html

Re: NFL ratings down 16% over last years Thursday night opener

following the NBA model...

It should be noted this is TV rating so COVID has nothing to do with it. I noted in another thread that the political input has soured many many fans. Athletes want a forum to voice their opinions, and the fans have responded...and will continue to respond. Other sports should heed the warning.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I dont doubt it.

Still, other things may also play a part.
    For me, I have adjusted to having no sports and watching TV with the wife. I did not watch one NBA game, instead choosing to continue to binge watch programing as we have for months now.
    And a year ago, that would not have been the case.

I do keep up with the games in other ways.

I feel we must accept it will never be the same as it was before. People's values have changed drastically and the importance of sporting events has taken a back seat regardless of the peripheral stuff.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-11-2020 at 11:37 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Their values have changed so much that now there are professional rioters, so what cause are they voicing their opinion to?
    Strange concept.

Folks need a getaway from the 9-5 and other nonsense. Particularly political nonsense. Every sport that has engaged in the political has seen a ratings drop.
    Given that this was the defending Super Bowl champion on the field, it probably should have drawn a very good audience.

Here is a pretty objective synopsis of the general view of the professional sports industry.

Gallup

"The biggest slide, however, has been for the sports industry, with its positive score falling 15 points -- from 45% to 30%."

This will ultimately hurt athletes bank accounts.
    Last edited by Basket Case; 09-12-2020 at 12:40 PM.

People watch sports, movies and TV to be entertained and take their minds off things, not to be submerged into someone’s political thoughts.

As has been said, sports is an escape for people. The last thing they want is for sports to continue to remind them of their struggles or the problems of the world.

Athletes may not like that, but that's how it is, and no other employee doing their job gets to use that job as a platform for their politics. Most any business requires people to leave their personal views, politics, etc. at the door and go do their job.

Comedians, actors, etc. all develop this sense that people come to see them not to be entertained but b/c of them personally, and thus they must want to hear their views on everything under the sun. Athletes seem to have developed this same self-absorbed viewpoint.

Like it or not, fans want to get away from these issues, not be beaten over the head with them at a sporting event.

If they can't get that escape from sports they will likely do as I am doing and just finding other things to do. Cooking out, spending time with family, go boating, camping, whatever. I'd rather be out on my patio with a cocktail than being forced to watch 60 Minutes Lite.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Can’t even watch Tennis without getting reminded that the police need to be defunded!

Fab Five

When you can’t beat out the Legal Field, you’re not even trying.
    Real Fan since 1958

This will ultimately hurt athletes bank accounts.
    The sooner the better
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I totally agree Dan, they need to bust the union like the auto industry did.

30% Drop in Sunday Night Football viewing. Not seen the Monday night numbers yet.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I am very disappointed that the numbers aren’t worse; lotta idiotic Americans out there.

Darryl