Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 12,000 fans

12,000 fans

Per Mitch, determined by Kfund points

Re: 12,000 fans

Subject to approval by Beshear. Based on UofL’s experience, that’s no lock even though that’s the same percentage.

Fab Five

King Beshear. What a dick!
    Real Fan since 1958

20%, what Western and UL working with. UL wanted 30%

UK has now made it official. 12,000 tickets per game

-No season tickets. All season ticket holders will retain same seats for next year.

-Season ticket holders will have chance to buy single game tickets, with selection order determined by K Fund points.

-Will pick your seat location from pre-spaced blocks that are being sold.

-Emails will go out this weekend to season ticket holders letting them know when their appointment to buy tickets is. Appointments expected to start next Wednesday and continue through 9/22 as available.

-Ticket prices will include parking passes.

-No tailgating on University grounds.

-Anyone who has already paid but opts out has option to:

1) Donate money already paid Which will be 100% deductible and give significant K fund point bonus;
    2) Credit toward next Year’s season Tickets with smaller K Fund bonus points; or
    3) Get refund

Based on what I’ve read about sales at other places, I think supply may still be greater than demand even at 20% capacity.

Was just reading an article about how the Chiefs, despite coming off a Super Bowl win, being the first NFL game of the season, And having one of the most rabid fan bases in the NFL, are having trouble selling all of their tickets at 22% capacity. And looking at StubHub, the get in price is shockingly low.

Likewise, UofL released single game tickets to the public today for their first game Saturday, and I’ve heard they did not sell out the 3 game packages they made available to their season ticket holders.

Long way of saying a ton of people seem to be opting out. I’d expect the same for UK. Selfishly, I hope so. I’m a season ticket holder but my K Fund is really low, so I‘ll need some luck to get to buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    Based on what I’ve read about sales at other places, I think supply may still be greater than demand even at 20% capacity.

Was just reading an article about how the Chiefs, despite coming off a Super Bowl win, being the first NFL game of the season, And having one of the most rabid fan bases in the NFL, are having trouble selling all of their tickets at 22% capacity. And looking at StubHub, the get in price is shockingly low.

Likewise, UofL released single game tickets to the public today for their first game Saturday, and I’ve heard they did not sell out the 3 game packages they made available to their season ticket holders.

Long way of saying a ton of people seem to be opting out. I’d expect the same for UK. Selfishly, I hope so. I’m a season ticket holder but my K Fund is really low, so I‘ll need some luck to get to buy tickets.
    There are other factors that are causing a wavering in fan support for the NFL. Colleges should look and be cautious of trends, and who they support and offend
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Grace Mick, I agree, but show some grace

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    Grace Mick, I agree, but show some grace
    He is an oppressor! What he has done to residents of assisted living in Kentucky is an abomination, locked in their rooms for months, subject in some cases to inhumane treatment. He showed zero compassion for their plight.
    Real Fan since 1958

He is an oppressor! What he has done to residents of assisted living in Kentucky is an abomination, locked in their rooms for months, subject in some cases to inhumane treatment. He showed zero compassion for their plight.
    I know

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    There are other factors that are causing a wavering in fan support for the NFL. Colleges should look and be cautious of trends, and who they support and offend
    I don’t doubt that the social justice messaging will hurt teams with some fans. But, this is not the issue in this case.
    I can flat assure you that if Covid wasn’t here, this game would be a complete sell-out (at 100% capacity) and a hard ticket to get.
    The simple truth is that it’s hard to justify the price for the limited experience you are getting. A packed stadium is a huge reason to go to the game vs watching it on tv. So is tailgating. So is screaming (and breathing) without a mask.
    Not to mention the hurdles they have to go through just to get into the stadium.

DT makes a great point, this will effect many teams. Bad teams will get hit the worst.
    I love going to games. But I won’t be paying money to go see the Rams or Chargers right now. It’s just not worth it.

My mother in law is going through that as we speak.
    The mental toll is doing more damage!

My wife is a teacher and that’s the only reason he barely won by making empty promises.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post

My wife is a teacher and that’s the only reason he barely won by making empty promises.
    Our kids and our adults in congregate care are really struggling. They Dx is tough enough but taking away community engagement and parental visits at home has really createda chaotic situation. We now have many more injuries to our staff.

And, I would hope at some point the Teachers and their union (2 separate things) would be educated enough to understand reality that the pension system is bankrupt and no polition could deliver on any promise to save it as it stood. Unfortunately, the previous governor told the truth about that and the message was not received well.

Guys, I would go to a game at UK in a heartbeat if I lived close enough IF I could do my normal game day routine. That means tailgating.

Without tailgating, I do not thinkthey will sale 12000 seats.

Right now he wouldn’t win an election for dog catcher.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Mick,

What should Beshear do? If you were governor what would you do? What do you think should be done? How many infections and how many deaths might change your position?

I genuinely want to know.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Catman,

I am sorry to hear that. I would like to hear more if I could. Feel free to message me separately. I mean it when I say I know how difficult this is. I have not seen my father since February for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Mick,

What should Beshear do? If you were governor what would you do? What do you think should be done? How many infections and how many deaths might change your position?

I genuinely want to know.
    Why not let the school decide instead of trying to micromanage and control everything?