Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Best Colombo Episodes

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Best Colombo Episodes

I have owed Darryl my opinion on these for awhile. There was made for TV movie in 1968 and following that there have been 68 episodes of what has been defined as the show proper. So we could actually have a Colombo tournament.

For me I love the initial movie from 1968--the one movie where Colombo's trademark trench coat is missing. The Colombo's with Robert Culp as the killer or relative of the kill are my favorites. This is in part due to totality of Culp being a killer in multiple shows. It is a comfort thing.

Ransome for a Dead Man, however, is one I watched recently and is so good. Lee Grant was the killer (with the format the actual killer's identity is not a spoiler) so I love it.

William Shatner was a killer twice--Star Trek fans can have fun. Jamie Lee Curtis was an extra in one of her early pre-Halloween roles and that is fun.

You never know who is going to show up and be the killer.

So those are some of my favorites. I think I will review the listing of shows to try and make a 68 tournament bracket for the ultimate Colombo.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: Best Colombo Episodes

D, here are my top 10 in reverse order (with some of the notable murderers)

10. Agenda for Murder; Patrick McGoohan

9. Double Exposure; Robert Culp

8. Suitable For Framing

7. Murder by the Book; Jack Cassidy

6. Playback

5. A Friend in Deed (Ralph Kiley)

4. An Exercise in Fatality; Robert Conrad

3. Try and Catch Me; Ruth Gordon

2. Negative Reaction; Dick Van Dyke

1. Now You See Him; Jack Cassidy

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    D, here are my top 10 in reverse order (with some of the notable murderers)

10. Agenda for Murder; Patrick McGoohan

9. Double Exposure; Robert Culp

8. Suitable For Framing

7. Murder by the Book; Jack Cassidy

6. Playback

5. A Friend in Deed (Ralph Kiley)

4. An Exercise in Fatality; Robert Conrad

3. Try and Catch Me; Ruth Gordon

2. Negative Reaction; Dick Van Dyke

1. Now You See Him; Jack Cassidy--very underrated villain

Darryl
    These are awesome. My wife's favorite is a Stitch in Crime but we love them all. Leonard Nimoy was the killer. Now I need to make a list of all the actors who were in the show that have their own action figures. Speaking of Shatner and Nimoy.

Best Colombo Episodes

I’m getting ready to start watching Columbo episodes...Local ME TV channel airs a bunch of old 70’s shows. I’ve been watching Star Trek, Mannix, 6 Million Dollar Man, and Johnny Carson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’m getting ready to start watching Columbo episodes...Local ME TV channel airs a bunch of old 70’s shows. I’ve been watching Star Trek, Mannix, 6 Million Dollar Man, and Johnny Carson.

You will love it. Best thing on tv

Best Colombo Episodes

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    You will love it. Best thing on tv
    I just watched season 1 episode 1 from 9/141971, Murder By The Book. I noticed in the credits that Steven Spielberg was the director, Steven Bochco was the writer.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I just watched season 1 episode 1 from 9/141971, Murder By The Book. I noticed in the credits that Steven Spielberg was the director, Steven Bochco was the writer.

Yep, most Colombo fans list that one as a top 5 episode all time.

Darryl

Best Colombo Episodes

How’d this thread end up in the Barbershop?

Unforgettable

How’d this thread end up in the Barbershop?

Dont you know how political Colombo is? I wasn't sure how often Darryl is over at the front porch and the main board didnt seem appropriate for non-sports discussion.

I knew Darryl would see it here. And don't we need something pleasant here as this country burns over the political animosity that has built up over to Trump or to not Trump.

Best Colombo Episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    If Columbo ever says that to you, you’ve murdered someone and your going to prison.