Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What’s on Your Labor Day Menu?

Our dishwasher* failed in a spectacularly floody way so we were trying to control leaking into our subfloor and down into the basement. By the time we got around to dinner it was leftovers.

*--If you've read my many screeds against GE appliances, you can guess what brand this one is. We're down now to a GE under-counter fridge and a GE dryer which haven't failed. Every other GE appliance (of which there were many) has had issues.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

You really have had a boatload of problems with those appliances, BEvans. No pun intended. Okay, maybe a little.

My LG fridge may be dead, but as I've owned it about 15 years I really can't complain. That's not great compared to the old days when they would last decades, but by modern standards (and the correspondingly lower prices) it feels pretty decent. I think it must have a crack in the case letting in moisture b/c ice builds up in the freezer (bottom freezer) and I can see where it's dripping in from above b/c there's a trail of ice. Doubt it's worth trying to fix compared to buying a new one. (Sorry, bit of a hijack)

Not a great way to spend an evening cleaning up a mess. I think GE owes you a bunch of dinners for all your fun with them.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I am late to this party.

Grilled Burgers and Dogs on Saturday evening.

Then, after my shellacking on the golf course yesterday morning I came home and rubbed down some ribs and smoked them 3-2-1 style for a wonder dinner. best ribs I have made in a while. Had to be careful taking them off smoker they were falling off the bone! Add some fresh sweet corn and a baked potato and we had our Labor Day Feast.
    I love ribs, but don’t make them very often anymore. I use Big Bob Gibson’s recipe. It’s a never fail.
    Real Fan since 1958

What’s on Your Labor Day Menu?

Grilled bacon wrapped dove breasts, sweet white corn on the cob, fresh tossed salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Damn, those tomatoes look great!
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Damn, those tomatoes look great!
    I thought Bobcat had posted on here somewhere. Looked up and down.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

That is a beautiful picture of the salad. I will spare folks my rendition if a tomato isn't homegrown it isn't a real tomato. We hit the pool for a couple of hours. Had delicious burgers from a local Arlington restaurant and relaxed. OK we both stressed about workdeadlines but we tried to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I will spare folks my rendition if a tomato isn't homegrown it isn't a real tomato.
    I'll sing a chorus or two of that tune with you.

Seriously, store bought tomatoes are nasty. They are varieties with almost no flavor anyway, bred for survival, and then they pick them green and ripen them with gas in a truck. Ugh. I'm sure many who don't like tomatoes just don't know b/c they've never actually had one.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Seriously, store bought tomatoes are nasty. They are varieties with almost no flavor anyway, bred for survival, and then they pick them green and ripen them with gas in a truck. Ugh. I'm sure many who don't like tomatoes just don't know b/c they've never actually had one.
    You are speaking of pink, upholstered rocks...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

You are dead on with the comments. I bought 15 lbs. of tomatoes from my Chilton Co. farmer last week and spent Sunday afternoon making and freezing tomato sauce. They were perfect! I prefer using Canned tomatoes over any fresh ones from Publix. I cringe just walking by them in the produce department.
    Real Fan since 1958

What’s on Your Labor Day Menu?

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    You are dead on with the comments. I bought 15 lbs. of tomatoes from my Chilton Co. farmer last week and spent Sunday afternoon making and freezing tomato sauce. They were perfect! I prefer using Canned tomatoes over any fresh ones from Publix. I cringe just walking by them in the produce department.
    I have never had a bad fruit or vegetable that was grown in Chilton Co....or at least, that I bought in Chilton Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Our dishwasher* failed in a spectacularly floody way so we were trying to control leaking into our subfloor and down into the basement. By the time we got around to dinner it was leftovers.

*--If you've read my many screeds against GE appliances, you can guess what brand this one is. We're down now to a GE under-counter fridge and a GE dryer which haven't failed. Every other GE appliance (of which there were many) has had issues.
    Bad intake/outtake valve "or something like that," according to Mrs. BEvans. $75 to walk in the door, $70 labor, $30 part.

Don Corleone has nothing on the appliance repair racket.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19