Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Healthy Snacks

Re: Healthy Snacks

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    I can lose 10-15 lbs in a month if I’ve let things get out of hand...like now. When I do I think the weight watchers type of diet is healthiest. I eat: apples, bananas, soups, healthy choice meals, low carb wrap with turkey and sprinkle some cheese and hot sauce, occasional nutri bar, the caramel rice cakes are amazing, skinny pop popcorn, and drink a bunch of water.
    Man, I used to be able to skip lunch and lose 5 pounds. I'll tell you like I tell my sons...don't let it get away from you because when you reach a certain age, it's going to be extremely difficult to get the weight off. They say that happens at age 40, but for me, it was around 50+ when it started getting difficult to drop weight.

Your month is basically what I'm eating for months at a time now. Well, not entirely true. I mostly skip breakfast, or have a boiled egg (70 calories), and for lunch steel cut oats with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of honey (227 calories). In between I rotate eating an apple, a pear, raw carrots, or occasionally a banana. For dinner, though, I eat what my wife cooks. USUALLY it's not too bad, but sometimes it is. It's slow going. I am usually around 350 calories until dinner time, sometimes as much as 500 calories, but no more.

You'd think I'd be losing weight like crazy with that calorie intake, but I'm not. And that includes running about 10 miles a week, too. Then again, I am 60, and it's just tougher now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Man, I used to be able to skip lunch and lose 5 pounds. I'll tell you like I tell my sons...don't let it get away from you because when you reach a certain age, it's going to be extremely difficult to get the weight off. They say that happens at age 40, but for me, it was around 50+ when it started getting difficult to drop weight.

Your month is basically what I'm eating for months at a time now. Well, not entirely true. I mostly skip breakfast, or have a boiled egg (70 calories), and for lunch steel cut oats with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of honey (227 calories). In between I rotate eating an apple, a pear, raw carrots, or occasionally a banana. For dinner, though, I eat what my wife cooks. USUALLY it's not too bad, but sometimes it is. It's slow going. I am usually around 350 calories until dinner time, sometimes as much as 500 calories, but no more.

You'd think I'd be losing weight like crazy with that calorie intake, but I'm not. And that includes running about 10 miles a week, too. Then again, I am 60, and it's just tougher now.
    Yes I noticed it’s way harder the last few years since 40. I can’t believe your intake and activity level only maintains that depresses me ha.
    Go Cats!

https://ifoodreal.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust/

Not tried this yet but gets good reviews. Been on Keto for about a week now. Craving pizza and hoping this will suffice. Hoping to make in the snowstorm tomorrow.

Rupp's Runt

Healthy Snacks

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    https://ifoodreal.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust/

Not tried this yet but gets good reviews. Been on Keto for about a week now. Craving pizza and hoping this will suffice. Hoping to make in the snowstorm tomorrow.
    I've had some good cauliflower pizza. Had some that was not good. Wish I knew the trick for you. But there is hope with it.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Amazon Prime has dried cranberries and mixed nuts in a bag. Very healthy snacking.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Healthy Snacks

Went to Kroger’s this morning, they were all out of healthy snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

If you are really having trouble losing weight, just get pneumonia and the flu and check into the hospital for a couple of months. At 66 yrs old I went from a trim 185 lbs to 143 when I checked out. My wife said she was going to fix that and she had a good plan. I went from 143 lbs to 205 in about 6 months. Now I am doing what I can to get back to the 185 area.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Healthy Snacks

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If you are really having trouble losing weight, just get pneumonia and the flu and check into the hospital for a couple of months. At 66 yrs old I went from a trim 185 lbs to 143 when I checked out. My wife said she was going to fix that and she had a good plan. I went from 143 lbs to 205 in about 6 months. Now I am doing what I can to get back to the 185 area.
    Lol. I'm glad you're at the 205 number. Gotta be a ton better than 140s!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    impressive gains there! man sounds like the pneumonia about killed ya.
    Go Cats!