Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Webcam still on backorder....sigh....

Webcam still on backorder....sigh....

I do okay with my built in webcam and I use a headset for my many zoom videoconferences I do, but I really wanted to use a little better video camera and some of the software associated with it. So I ordered a Logitech C920s HD Pro webcam from Adorama on June 30. It was on backorder. Needless to say, it is still on backorder. Every few weeks they send me another email telling me that it's still on backorder and I can cancel it if I want. I got the deal for $69.99, so obviously I don't want to cancel it, but it is frustrating to continue to wait.

Re: Webcam still on backorder....sigh....

Just for what it's worth, Logitech direct put their C920 HD Pro as available this morning for 79.99. It went out of stock, but then came back in stock and I picked one up.

Now we will see if they actually ship it.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just for what it's worth, Logitech direct put their C920 HD Pro as available this morning for 79.99. It went out of stock, but then came back in stock and I picked one up.

Now we will see if they actually ship it.

FYI
    I've had good luck getting the Lenovo 360 camera in. Might be too expensive.

https://www.cdw.com/product/lenovo-v...camera/5636965

That's kind of the opposite of what I need. I need a narrow angle, not wide. The 78 degrees of the Logitech C**** series is perfect. It does look cool, though.

Have you tried using your Canon on a tripod?

I have not (actually, the Canon I have is such an old model, it does not provide video, so I doubt it would work). But my laptop WebCam works fine, especially with me using a headset. I have 4 desk light and ring lights for lighting, so my lighting is excellent, and the sound is really good with the headset that is wired.

The reason that I want the WebCam is for very peculiar reasons. I am doing some remote witnessing and notarization of estate planning documents for clients, and when that happens, I need to rotate and disconnect the headset so that all parties can hear. I have a very small space that I'm operating in, and do not want to have a wide-angle for anything, but I desire the stereo speakers and the excellent microphone that these Logitech WebCams provide. I am also anxious to use the software provided with them for some special webinars that I have, as well as the class presentations I do. I'm okay with that for now, but it would just expand what I can do a little bit.

When I think about it, I have 3 Panasonic Lumix cameras that probably could have worked, and two Yi Go Pro clones that I probably could have rigged up as well. But I just want something that will stay on top of my 2nd monitor, but be flexible and allow me to move it where I need to. You know me, I'm very one function, particular kind of guy. I'm pretty happy with this, although I spent $10 more than the one I have on back order, assuming this one comes through.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That's kind of the opposite of what I need. I need a narrow angle, not wide. The 78 degrees of the Logitech C**** series is perfect. It does look cool, though.
    It is pretty neat, we have been using them for hybrid classes. IIRC it does 90, 120, 180, 360 and 2 - 180 (no, not the same as 360 lol) degree angles. It allows the instructor options for how they want to interact with online students. It is wide enough to allow them to move around and get the whiteboard.

Jabra - Makes a higher end similar model if anyone is ever interested. 4k video and looks amazing. But it is $$$$$$

Mr. FedEx man had a shipment for me today with my new Logitech C920 Pro HD. Perfect!

Now to go cancel the one I've had on Backorder from Adorama since June. Seriously.

Rupp's Runt

Webcam still on backorder....sigh....

I can believe that. My Jabras just came in this week.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

There are a lot of goods that aren’t available or have long backorder lists. We’ve got a Food Saver vacuum sealer and I want one of the jar attachments for it. I’ve been checking Amazon since early July, they don’t even offer them for backorder.