Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Dan...

Re: Hey Dan...

Spent 2.5 hours at Bowman field because the "drop box" wasn't at the Fairdale location, and it was closed. 10 minutes from my work. Had to traipse out to Bowman Filed so I just went ahead and did an in-person visit. My hat is off to the folks that are working there during this Covid restricted time. Socially distanced and very personable and professional.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Hey Dan...

Picked up my 410 today. Probably won't shoot it until the weekend.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Picked up my 410 today. Probably won't shoot it until the weekend.

Which one did you get?

Rupp's Runt

Hey Dan...

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Which one did you get?
    RIA Imports Traditional Single Shot .410 Bore Break Action Shotgun 20" Barrel with Slug Choke 1 Round 3" Chamber Wood Grain Polymer Stock Silver/Blued Finish

Rupp's Runt

Hey Dan...

Break action. Hopefully the wife will shoot it...she has never shot a gun

Break action. Hopefully the wife will shoot it...she has never shot a gun

I’m looking forward to a range report. I’ve thought about getting a little .410 to use as a UTV gun for use on the farm. I’ve got my daughter’s .410/.22 combo, but I’ll not use it to knock about with to keep it in good shape for her.

Rupp's Runt

I’m looking forward to a range report. I’ve thought about getting a little .410 to use as a UTV gun for use on the farm. I’ve got my daughter’s .410/.22 combo, but I’ll not use it to knock about with to keep it in good shape for her.
    This is my "unboxing" or first impression. Heavier than I expected which is a good thing. I expected it to feel light and cheap. I will say the stock is cheaper feeling than I expected, but I can live with that. For $115 I am happy. My intent is essentially an emergency option for my wife. She may never shoot it, but at least I feel like I did my part. Worst case the girls can learn to shoot it in a few years.

Rupp's Runt

Hey Dan...

The 410 shoots pretty good. All of these are at close range. 5, 6, and 7 yards. Trigger is firm but breaks pretty steady. I don't love that the break action is done by the trigger guard. Kicks a little more than I expected. My mom shot it once and she didn't love the kick. But she pretty small and I am not sure she has ever shot a gun. But still it is a 410.

000 - 5 yards was a one shot group
    000 - 7 yards, you can see opened up a little bit.
    000 did not spread out like I hoped.

PDX - 5 yards is about a 3.5 inch group.
    PDX - 6 yards is about 6-7 inch group.
    PDX - 7 yards is about 6-7 inches except for one disc that spreads it out to about 15 inches.

* All 3 inch shells

Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 11-03-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Ignore those holes in the top. That was mom aiming at the bottom circle from 5 yards

Ignore those holes in the top. That was mom aiming at the bottom circle from 5 yards
    That would be pretty effective, especially at close ranges. I was watching a video on the Charles Daly Honcho in .410. It’s one of those short barreled “firearms” that is on the market now. The neat thing about the .410 version is that it has a spring that aids in closing the action.