Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Dan...

Hey Dan...

Check out the prices on these little .410 shotguns with 18.5” barrels.

https://www.rkguns.com/hot-deals/onl...04+Rossi+Tuffy

Re: Hey Dan...

Thanks for the heads up. I have one located her in BG for $89.00 for a single shot break. I would have to cut 3 inches off the barrel to get to 18 1/2 inches. Still looking for that elusive semi auto.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

I missed an ATI the other day for $89. Should have just bought it then but thought I'd ask the wife first if she was willing to learn how to shoot. Next time I am just going to order it. (she actually said no)

This will sound more paranoid than I am but it is more how the room has worked out. In my basement I am basically building a safe room for my wife and girls. I wanted to always be able to get to my main water line so I left a long space to get to it. It just happens to be a spot tucked away in the back corner. I'm going make it so they can lock it from the inside. I'd like to leave a cheap 410 in there. I guess it would rust some eventually, but as long as it shoots.

Opinions and ideas are welcome for the space.

They sold out of the short barrel p0ne for 89 bucks but replaced it with a 83 dollar model and 26 inch barrel.

Sherwood guns
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I have one located her in BG for $89.00 for a single shot break. I would have to cut 3 inches off the barrel to get to 18 1/2 inches. Still looking for that elusive semi auto.
    I checked on the Charles Daly yesterday at a gun shop listed as a Charles Daly dealer, it still isn’t available. Buds has the Citadel Warthog in stock, but has really jacked up the price at $439.

They sold out of the short barrel p0ne for 89 bucks but replaced it with a 83 dollar model and 26 inch barrel.

Sherwood guns

You can’t buy used single barrel shotguns that cheap.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 09-05-2020 at 04:44 PM.

It is tempting to buy 3 of them, load all 3, and keep them next to me. Could "almost" empty all 3 as quickly as firing off 3 shots from the semi auto.
    seeya
    dan

It is tempting to buy 3 of them, load all 3, and keep them next to me. Could "almost" empty all 3 as quickly as firing off 3 shots from the semi auto.
    A break action that is working slick can be loaded fairly quick. My old Winchesters and H&R fall open and eject as quick as you hit the barrel release.

Those little .410s make great truck guns.

Sherwood guns
    $83?

Wow. That seems like a deal.

$83.28 + $5.00 sales tax is my cost out the door.
    seeya
    dan

I have an old, used to pieces, 16-gauge single shot shotgun. I wouldn't mind cutting down the barrel on that to 18.5." I've been meaning to give it to my brother, who will find a use for it, but I keep forgetting. Every time I see him, it's a quick visit with a marriage, funeral, something else going on.

I'd rather it be a 20-gauge, but somehow, in my youth, I ended up with a 16-gauge. I have no idea why. Maybe Dad thought I was too small for a 12-gauge, but a 20-gauge wasn't enough. Always found it odd.

My Dad did the same thing. He had a 12 gauge single but bought a 16 ga semi auto that I eventually inherited. I grew up shooting it and dearly wish I had it back.
    seeya
    dan

My Dad did the same thing. He had a 12 gauge single but bought a 16 ga semi auto that I eventually inherited. I grew up shooting it and dearly wish I had it back.
    Dan, that may be why I haven't given it to my brother. I may have some sentiment attached to this, which is why I have hung onto it. I didn't really think about that, but it could be.

I’d like to find a decent 16 gauge Winchester model 37. My uncle let me use one as a kid, it had been my grandpa’s. Grandpa had traded it away at some point in time and my uncle tracked it down years later and acquired it. I don’t really need it, but that particular gauge and model holds a bit of nostalgia.

When I was 13 I bought my first gun, worked all summer to save the money for it. It’s a Winchester 12 gauge model 840, hard to believe it is 43 years old now. I’ve got a Winchester model 37A in 20 gauge I swapped some scrap metal for back in ‘87. I may pass them down to the grandsons when they get big enough to handle them.

Dad's 16 gauge was a Browning A5 sweet 16. It had the humpback receiver and when I brought it to my shoulder for a shot my eye naturally came into alignment with the front and rear sights.
    seeya
    dan

Dad's 16 gauge was a Browning A5 sweet 16. It had the humpback receiver and when I brought it to my shoulder for a shot my eye naturally came into alignment with the front and rear sights.
    It’s tough to beat a good running Sweet 16.

Looks like the long awaited Palmetto State Daggers are now being assembled for release in the next few days.

0619B3CF-8DAD-458E-8ED3-BBE2A7DF1003.jpg

I will believe it when I see them on the website for sale. Even if they are I am going to wait until I can buy some ammo before trying to purchase one,. I had lots of chances to buy plenty of reasonably priced ammo while they were trying to get parts to build their gun. When they have a gun to sell I can't get any ammo. I want a couple thousand rounds for target practice and concealed carry training plus 500 rounds of self defense rounds.

Thanks very much for the heads up though.
    seeya
    dan

I will believe it when I see them on the website for sale. Even if they are I am going to wait until I can buy some ammo before trying to purchase one,. I had lots of chances to buy plenty of reasonably priced ammo while they were trying to get parts to build their gun. When they have a gun to sell I can't get any ammo. I want a couple thousand rounds for target practice and concealed carry training plus 500 rounds of self defense rounds.

Thanks very much for the heads up though.
    They have set the magic time and date:

E7172A8B-9691-43DA-B472-F232AC348144.jpg

They did that back in March, although they did not specify a time of day for release.
    seeya
    dan

They did that back in March, although they did not specify a time of day for release.
    Sounds like they plan to go live with orders at that time. I’m guessing the hold up has been some of the parts they use. I know Mossberg shotguns can’t be found with the exception of the Shockwave and the Maverick 88. The 88 is made in Texas, not sure about the Shockwave.

The 9mm I’m finding is still a lot cheaper than what I was paying for .45. What is weird is that I’ve got non-shortage .22 mag that was more expensive than some of the shortage 9mm I’ve bought.

The Dagger hit the market today, and sold out in short order. They say they should have another batch ready in 10-15 days.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...910111111.html

386B12DB-D8C5-4204-952A-1EBCEF42A93C.jpg
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 09-18-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Did you see the add before it sold out? Just wondering what the sale price turned out to be
    seeya
    dan

Hey Dan...

Wasn't it $299.99? That's what everybody was saying it was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Wasn't it $299.99? That's what everybody was saying it was going to be.
    That is what it was supposed to be pre COVID19. Just curious to know if they were able to hold that price.
    seeya
    dan

The price is still $299.99 or whatever it was. The optic ready versions are supposed to be $349 when they become available.

Thanks
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Hey Dan...

Went to pick up a 410 today. My dang driver license is expired. Could have sworn it expired in 2021. They are holding it for me.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Went to pick up a 410 today. My dang driver license is expired. Could have sworn it expired in 2021. They are holding it for me.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    I had something similar happen to me. The state shouldn’t have stopped sending out reminders.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I had something similar happen to me. The state shouldn’t have stopped sending out reminders.
    I really thought I looked before my birthday and thought it said 2021. Funny thing is I got on post at FTC with it last week lol

Stopped this morning to see about getting a new one, they won't see me for 3 weeks. So I just filled out some mail application where they send me a new one. Going to message the gun shop and see if that is good enough to get my 410.