Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Well, At Least ESPN's Stephen A. Smith Isn't A Racist

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Well, At Least ESPN's Stephen A. Smith Isn't A Racist

Re: Well, At Least ESPN's Stephen A. Smith Isn't A Racist

Fans: Given the political climate, the NBA couldn’t be less watchable...

Steven A Smith: Hold my beer......

D, that "take" was simply awful.

Jason Kidd and Ty Lue got jobs without any experience either. Both black Pg's.

No idea if Nash will be good or not but I would bet he will. There isn't a guy in the world that is more desperate for attention than Stephen A. He's just really bad.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post

No idea if Nash will be good or not but I would bet he will. There isn't a guy in the world that is more desperate for attention than Stephen A. He's just really bad.
    He is contentious in every matter. I think that's his blueprint for success.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Doesn’t matter he said it and unfortunately many will believe it or should I say many that like to be guided.
    Pieces like that do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post

Tyrone Lue got a head coaching job after one season as an asst coach. But then the only way he sees the inside of the HOF is if he buys a ticket.

So is Nash not a good pick because he has no experience or because he is Canadian? Nash has long been applauded for his mentoring of individual players, and for his abilty to be the floor coach.

Screamin Stephen has and will continue to see race in almost every situation. He is an Al Sharpton without the chicken neck and bad hair.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Thus we see the problem with "White Privilege" and Affirmative Action and every other attempt to define people by the color of their skin.

If we were to try to follow Dr. King's vision we could move past this, and focus on equality of opportunity and yes, address situations where it appears someone was slighted due to ethnicity or any other irrelevant factor. That's why we have those laws on the books.

This direction of thinking has no point at which people can then be united. We now see calls by minority students to actually re-segregate at their college. Really? What was Brown v. Board of Education for?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I think he’d side against his own mother if it meant a ratings point.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

That is how I see it as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I think he’d side against his own mother if it meant a ratings point.

He should side against her, I mean she raised him for God's sake.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    He should side against her, I mean she raised him for God's sake.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.