Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: There isn’t as much time to count votes as some think

There isn’t as much time to count votes as some think

There has been lots of talk recently about votes being counted through January and beyond. The problem is that the law doesn’t allow for counting beyond the six day window prior to the electoral college meeting. The electoral college meets on December 14th, so state elections need to be final no later than December 8th.

3 U.S. Code § 5. Determination of controversy as to appointment of electors

If any State shall have provided, by laws enacted prior to the day fixed for the appointment of the electors, for its final determination of any controversy or contest concerning the appointment of all or any of the electors of such State, by judicial or other methods or procedures, and such determination shall have been made at least six days before the time fixed for the meeting of the electors, such determination made pursuant to such law so existing on said day, and made at least six days prior to said time of meeting of the electors, shall be conclusive, and shall govern in the counting of the electoral votes as provided in the Constitution, and as hereinafter regulated, so far as the ascertainment of the electors appointed by such State is concerned.

Rupp's Runt

Re: There isn’t as much time to count votes as some think

But you know that either side, and especially the Democrats will try everything under the sun to keep January 20, 2021 from happening, especially if Biden loses.

I'm just sayin '........😉

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    But you know that either side, and especially the Democrats will try everything under the sun to keep January 20, 2021 from happening, especially if Biden loses.

I'm just sayin '........��
    No doubt about it. I expect SCOTUS will be brought into it. This time they have the 2000 election precedent to use.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    No doubt about it. I expect SCOTUS will be brought into it. This time they have the 2000 election precedent to use.
    Unless that turncoat Roberts starts worrying about his "legacy", in which case he'll go against the grain again.
    Which has become the norm for him since that incredulous Obamacare ruling. 😠

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Per Bill O'reilly the SCOTUS has a deadline to appoint the President sometime in December.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Per Bill O'reilly the SCOTUS has a deadline to appoint the President sometime in December.
    All states have to have a winner by December 8th.

Even scarier is that if the election is not determined, then the third in line takes charge. Her and her beautiful hairdo....
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Even scarier is that if the election is not determined, then the third in line takes charge. Her and her beautiful hairdo....
    I'm not sure that is not part of the Strategy...

Say what you want about Trump...he is a genius in playing the game.

his comment about having supporters vote twice, all of a sudden he made the right's concern the concern of the Left.

Pelosi could only come into play if the electoral college vote is tied and Congress cannot break the tie. Each state gets one vote if it goes to Congress to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Say what you want about Trump...he is a genius in playing the game.

his comment about having supporters vote twice, all of a sudden he made the right's concern the concern of the Left.
    No...the left just wants something tonscream and complain about. Clearly it was sarcasm, and everyvody knows it
    However I do hope some right zealots take heed and do it....so they can overcome the left fraud......which has been established in recent elections, like NJ
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    No...the left just wants something tonscream and complain about. Clearly it was sarcasm, and everyvody knows it
    However I do hope some right zealots take heed and do it....so they can overcome the left fraud......which has been established in recent elections, like NJ
    Trump is many things, good and bad, but he's the undisputed King of trolling. He sets the issues by doing stuff like this. His complaints about mail in voting weren't getting much coverage, but boy now it's being covered.

Not saying I love the strategy in all situations, but the media takes his bait every time, so he keeps doing it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

As for the election, at this point I expect several states to look very bad in this process, casting doubt on the whole thing no matter who wins.

There's really no realistic scenario whereby Pelosi becomes POTUS but part of me wishes it would happen to see the furor. Such a complete breakdown of our constitutional system would be quite interesting. lol. yes, I'm a bit of a comedic sadist. Also the counter-reaction to such an event would be massive.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Trump is many things, good and bad, but he's the undisputed King of trolling. He sets the issues by doing stuff like this. His complaints about mail in voting weren't getting much coverage, but boy now it's being covered.

Not saying I love the strategy in all situations, but the media takes his bait every time, so he keeps doing it.
    The liberals and their lackey media didn’t even realize what happened by attacking Trump on his mail in voting advice. It flushes their mantra that mail in voting is perfectly safe.