Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bucks boycott game today vs Orlando Magic

Re: Bucks boycott game today vs Orlando Magic

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    In the last few years, anytime I get pulled over, I roll down my window and place both of my hands out on the door where the officer can see them. All officers have been very appreciative of this action.
    Me as well. I also turn on my dome light, and turn off the windshield wipers if its raining. I also speak clearly and respectfully. Officers treated respectfully often return the courtesy.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Personal responsibility.....it seems to be evading some on this board too....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    They were attempting to arrest him. He had a warrant. It was not the officers who issued the warrant, but a judge based on a complaint from the wife/girlfriend... Are you suggesting the time to tase somebody is AFTER they are arrested? I suspect if the police were tazering people after arresting them then everybody would be up in arms, INCLUDING ME. Why the hell would you tazer somebody who is under arrest?

They allowed him to walk away likely because in a post Rayshaun Brooks era, that is what you are suppose to do. You remember Brooks, the guy who resisted arrest, escaped after grabbing the officers tazer an pointed it at them while running away... and was "unjustly" shot because the police should have let him go!!

How about you don't go into a car with your children when officers specifically direct you not to. 7 shots that didn't kill vs 1 shot that does? Take the 7 nonlethal ones. Add that there were 2 officers. Did one shoot all 7 or did one shoot 3 and the other 4? Is 4 shots too many? Guess it depends on if he was no longer a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    You don’t tase someone not under arrest. Nor do you allow someone under arrest to slowly walk away from you and circle a car to the drivers door. If he was under arrest the two officers should have subdued him.
    That's a non-answer. You just magically "subdue him". Of course, I presume with their department issued magic wands?

Do they tackle him? Risk him grabbing one of their sidearms in the process? If he resists and struggles do they let him go again or do they choke hold him or use a baton?

You're all about what they shouldn't have done. Let's hear how they avoid that by what they SHOULD have done. They tried physically restraining him, he got loose. They tried tasing him, didn't work.

Do they break out the old school batons and cap his knees? Just shoot him in the knees as he walks off? Run and tackle him to the ground and wrestle him? You good with the video showing cops jumping a guy walking away, choke holding him, cuffing him and dragging him to the car all b/c he showed up to his girlfriend's but did nothing else wrong?

I presume if they tackled him, he got a gun and it discharged and hit a child in that car it would be the police's fault then too.

So far your advice seems to be you let him get whatever in the car and just hope he doesn't hold the kids hostage or hurt them, given your "negotiate safe release" comment. So you let a guy under a domestic violence charge, with a history of such, who just violated the restraining order, get back into the car with the kids in it and possibly a weapon? That's the safer way to protect the kids?

You're doing a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking. They run the ball and it fails well duh they should have passed. They pass and it's dropped duh they should have run it. Hard to be wrong with your approach b/c no matter which way it goes the cops would still be in the wrong, but never the guy who a) behaved bad enough to have a DV charge and restraining order, and then b) broke the restraining order, and then c) refused to comply with the officers who were CALLED to the scene to enforce it.

This guy is apparently a physical abuser with at least one past incident of threatening people with a deadly weapon who didn't make a SINGLE correct or legal decision in this process, yet somehow it's the cop's fault for how it turned out. Wow.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And fwiw I'm still not defending what they did. Like I said I haven't watched everything or read everything and I don't know their procedures, if they called for backup or should have, etc.

And yes I would hope there is a way to subdue this guy without multiple gunshot wounds, but I have a pretty good sense that, at every decision point in this process, this guy chose the wrong one and the one that was illegal and increasingly put the officers in a tighter and tigher corner of options.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Had to chase this thread down to post.

Woj reporting players have officially voted to resume playoffs.
    Thank God for that. The country would not have survived if they had voted to abandon play.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

What is the significance of guys not playing or practicing?

How is that helping? Not that playing or practicing is directly impacting improving race relations.

Not sure where this is headed. Doesn’t look good.

I say fans to boycott sporting event, owners lose money players do not get paid.

I’m scared if a cop tells me something calmly, much less if they were arresting me. That’s why I wouldn’t get shot, maybe roughed up but zero resistance. Even Floyd resisted didn’t he? What is our world with no authority, do you want to live in that world? As for the nba I love it because I love watching great athletes, and basketball is beautiful to me always. As for their stance I think they messed up, for not being able to differentiate this from say even the Floyd deal where he shouldn’t have died. This guy struck me as a dead man when he reached in the car before I knew he had been tazed. But I’m disappointed that if they feel so strong about change that they didn’t leave the bubble and the season and make the sacrifice because it may have had some ears but now it won’t. They have to quit saying they are sick of seeing black people killed and start giving specific solutions to the problem. I’ve not heard much in regard to solutions and that’s what I want to be educated on.
    Go Cats!

The solution they do not want to face because it means dealing with the inner city streets and clearing out the gangs and drugs.
    If there are no police every city in America will be run as Portland, Seattle and Chicago.
    Gang war for turf will increase 1000% as these gang will force the citizens to pay huge taxes for safety.
    America is at a cross roads!

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thank God for that. The country would not have survived if they had voted to abandon play.
    Apparently a sub group met with Barry Obama who offered advice.
    Real Fan since 1958

This will stop when people who have warrants or violate the law stop resisting arrest. Perhaps the black community should also focus within, and work with law enforcement, as opposed to againt law enforcement. Perhaps they should work within their communities and encourage proper methods to interact with law enforcement rather than having them continue to make dumb decision after dumb decision (ie resisting arrest, not doing as asked, taking control of an officers weapon). Oh, and throwing bricks, contrete and other foreign material at them, or pointing lasers at their eyes to blind them, or locking them in a building you're are lighting on fire are probably not recommended either. In other words show them some respect for doing their job and maybe they will do the same
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This will stop when people who have warrants or violate the law stop resisting arrest. Perhaps the black community should also focus within, and work with law enforcement, as opposed to againt law enforcement.
    It would be difficult to teach drug dealers, thieves, winos, dope heads, etc to make good decisions in the presence of LEOs. They know if they are caught doing what they love doing, they will lose their freedom top keep doing those things
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.