Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucks boycott game today vs Orlando Magic

Fab Five

Re: Bucks boycott game today vs Orlando Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Good grief. I haven't watched an NBA game and won't...ever again. Their ratings are tanking. I hope they go bankrupt.
    Don’t worry. China will bail out the NBA.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    He was not restrained and walked at normal speed from one side of the car to the other. No attempt was made to restrain him until that moment he reached for the car door. Terrible and indecisive police work which led to the police Severely and intentionally endangering the lives of three children. And of those seven shots in the back it is a small miracle one did not strike a child. Either with a child rushing to help their daddy or a stray bounce off a hard surface If there is no gun and no record of armed violence it is murder imho and was entirely avoidable.
    When in the world do people have any responsibility for their own actions? Ever?

He has a history of resisting arrest and ignoring police instructions, and did so again. Like I said maybe they had opportunity to use less lethal means, I haven't read enough to know either way, but I do know if he had simply obeyed the officers he's live, the kids are safe and the law was upheld.

As for the safety of the kids, what about his endangering them? What responsibility does he have to not ignore the officers and take an action that could be seen as a threat with kids in his car?

It's like someone robbing a store, taking off on a high speed chase with a baby in the car and blaming the officers for not just letting him drive away b/c it endangered the child.

No, he endangered those kids. Given the nature of the warrant do you really think he's putting their interests first?

I'm tired up to my eyeballs with the victim society, where nothing is the fault of the person making the decisions that get them into trouble but somehow is on others to accommodate their poor decisions over and over as if they are helpless.

The officer may have had other, better options for the arrest, and if so then that will be addressed, but it's abundantly clear this man was disobeying the officers in the service of a warrant for violent behavior and he had a history of violence and of being armed, yet once again made decisions to put himself in a bad place.

My personal bet is that the officer did a poor job of controlling the situation and then had to resort to lethal force when it may have been avoided, but it's hard to know that for sure as it's not like he was going to get a commendation for wrestling him down with a choke hold and dragging him into a cruiser either. It's for certain however that had this man obeyed the law, which is to follow the instructions of a law enforcement officer when given, he would be fine right now.

This is wholly different from the floyd situation where the man was no longer a threat and the officer continued to choke him. That was a clear outrage of behavior, I don't know anyone who defended it, but this was a far more difficult situation and much more a shared responsibility.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-26-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Apparently Blake himself said he had a knife in the floorboard of the vehicle? And yes, he was tased but it had no effect, so non-lethal means to subdue him were attempted.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/blake-had...-wisconsin-doj
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Blake could have avoided all of this by complying with law enforcement. This is what happens in a society with no individual responsibility.

It was at best shoddy unprofessional police work that actually facilitated the result And likely much worse. But that much at least should be pointed out imho. No way under the sun do you allow someone you are arresting to slowly walk away from you around a vehicle you know is his and contains three of his children. What is the explanation for that? Especially if you believe he is potentially a violent criminal.
    Because that’s when physical force was used, not before. Did they believe he was going to check air in his tires? And why does the supporting officer back away from the situation before shots were fired? Perhaps that is procedure I don’t know, but the whole thing was a law enforcement fiasco.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

It was at best shoddy unprofessional police work that actually facilitated the result And likely much worse. But that much at least should be pointed out imho. No way under the sun do you allow someone you are arresting to slowly walk away from you around a vehicle you know is his and contains three of his children. What is the explanation for that? Especially if you believe he is potentially a violent criminal.
    Because that’s when physical force was used, not before. Did they believe he was going to check air in his tires? And why does the supporting officer back away from the situation before shots were fired? Perhaps that is procedure I don’t know, but the whole thing was a law enforcement fiasco.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

He was not restrained and walked at normal speed from one side of the car to the other. No attempt was made to restrain him until that moment he reached for the car door. Terrible and indecisive police work which led to the police Severely and intentionally endangering the lives of three children. And of those seven shots in the back it is a small miracle one did not strike a child. Either with a child rushing to help their daddy or a stray bounce off a hard surface If there is no gun and no record of armed violence it is murder imho and was entirely avoidable.

Reports are the police had tasered him,...after he escaped from the restraint, and the video supports that. Perhaps the new "easy restraint" the police now use due to current events may not have been aggressive enough. He also had a history of pulling a gun on law enforcement.

Perhaps the police training is what resulted in the children not getting struck, not some miracle.

Terrible and indecicive is the exact response I expect with all the police tactic reforms and defunding.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I truly do not get the support for these life long criminal it blows my mind how some never mention the crimes they commit, the guy had a warrant for raping a 14 year old girl.
    Stop the support

The video speaks for itself. He was unarmed and outmanned. They have to make the arrest and charge the man. Don’t halfheartedly chase him with a gun into his family vehicle and pop seven caps into his back with three kids in it. It is very likely he had no intention of endangering is own kids and was instead convinced they and he were in danger.
    He was right.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    I truly do not get the support for these life long criminal it blows my mind how some never mention the crimes they commit, the guy had a warrant for raping a 14 year old girl.
    Stop the support
    I had no idea he was already proven guilty. What blows my mind is the mindset of some that the police are above the law. I support law enforcement and have many friends who are career Troopers and officers.

Because of them I also know there is an equal number of bad eggs percentage wise in law enforcement as the general population.
    I know what my friends would have done..they would have taken him down on his first step. And would not have fired into that car with three kids in there.

Fab Five

Reportedly the Clippers and Lakers don't want to play any more games.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Reportedly the Clippers and Lakers don't want to play any more games.
    They should forfeit their series to the Mavericks and Trailblazers then. Hypocrite Lebron can take his area home for all I care.

Stop the support
    The rape of a 14 yr old is not correct. Is fake. He was convicted of pulling a gun etc, but not rape. The current warrant was for domestic assault
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The video speaks for itself. He was unarmed and outmanned. They have to make the arrest and charge the man. Don’t halfheartedly chase him with a gun into his family vehicle and pop seven caps into his back with three kids in it. It is very likely he had no intention of endangering is own kids and was instead convinced they and he were in danger.
    He was right.

The video does speak for itself. The prep was subdued and restrained, but he resisted and escaped. What part the new approach where "excessive force" lands a police officer in jail played, who knows. The video also shows police used a tazer. That is shown too. What is also shown is the police let him walk away when he escaped restraint...exactly like many leftist suggested the ATL police should have done concerning Rayshard Brooks. They let let him walk until he reached into his car, potentially for a weapon. They told him NOT to get in the car (poss because they had a concern about a weapon. Of course they did not express that concern in low tones), which he also ignored. Based on your extensive police training and constantly working with people who will lie, and many who want to hurt or kill you, what exactly is the appropriate next step?

So in the last few months, liberals demand less aggressive restraint (done), use of nonlethal means (done, with a taser), let perpetrators who escape restraint walk away (done), but when they potentially reach for a weapon in their car the police should do exactly what? What do younwant them to do? Perhaps a "time out"?
    Last edited by Doc; 08-27-2020 at 06:14 AM.

Sorry I stand corrected, the media seems to always report false information.

They have an agenda.

What media reported that? All media?

That’s a serious question as I am in Pigeon Forge and not watching any news. I only have sporadic phone service?

One and Done

He was right.
    The video does not speak for itself. Criminal investigations involve much more even when a video exists. If the video is all that is needed for you to form a conclusion, tell me what he was reaching for in his car. That is an essential question to be answered, and since you believe the video is all that is needed please answer that for me.

No biggie. It is has been reported but the fact that both the media and social media will lie makes me want to take nothing posted as factual. Sort of like Trump wanting people to inject bleach, something never said... or that he praised white supremacist in Charlottesville (a group he SPECIFICALLY denounced and excluded as having a good point of view).... or the Biden wanting to raise taxes on everybody (he just wants in on 80 plus % of the population, not all)

What media reported that? All media?

That’s a serious question as I am in Pigeon Forge and not watching any news. I only have sporadic phone service?
    it was not the main stream media. Even if it was true, they would stay away from that because it makes him look bad. it is a facebook rumor.

Wonder what that is in his hand?

The issue is these are life long criminals and honestly deserve no support.

Lack of personal responsibility led to this. You may not like the police for a myriad of reasons, but when you don’t comply with their requests in a situation like this, you open Pandora’s Box and it won’t end well for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Wonder what that is in his hand?

Had to chase this thread down to post.

Woj reporting players have officially voted to resume playoffs.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Lack of personal responsibility led to this. You may not like the police for a myriad of reasons, but when you don’t comply with their requests in a situation like this, you open Pandora’s Box and it won’t end well for you...
    Hey....I like the police. I support the police. My daughter and her husband are both in law enforcement (he as an officer, she in dispatch but attempting to get into crime scene investigation). Plus my wife is in law enforcement at the federal level.

I don't carry a knife or a gun. If an officer pulls me over, I do anything he requests (and that is not after I hide my pot, my gun or my paraphernalia). I taught me kids the same.

First, what "facilitated" that was a guy breaking his restraining order for domestic violence.

Second, I'm all ears, what would you have had the officers to. We know they tased him to no effect, and ordered him to not proceed.

So they've told him what to do, tased him when he didn't comply and now he's walking away but otherwise not threatening them. What do they do next that, when shown on captured cell phone video, you think they did a great job as officers?

B/c I suspect if your answer is to wrestle him to the ground as he struggles, hold him and cuff him, you would be wondering why they did that when he was only walking away in a non-threatening manner.

Doc you already covered my post well.

They told him what to do, he ignored it.

They restrained him, tased him, he got loose.

They let him walk away as he wasn't being threatening. Then he turned into a threat (remember he has a documented case of waving a gun at people).

Now what do they do?

it's a no win situation if you just absolve the person making ALL of the active decisions in the case of any responsibility for his/her actions. The police can't possibly make a right decision I guess other than just leave and let the guy go beat his wife/girlfriend/kids or whatever.

BTW, I can't wait to see the first social worker showing up in these situations as part of defunding the cops. Going to be tough going up against some half drunk guy with a weapon when you have a clipboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hey....I like the police. I support the police. My daughter and her husband are both in law enforcement (he as an officer, she in dispatch but attempting to get into crime scene investigation). Plus my wife is in law enforcement at the federal level.

I don't carry a knife or a gun. If an officer pulls me over, I do anything he requests (and that is not after I hide my pot, my gun or my paraphernalia). I taught me kids the same.
    In the last few years, anytime I get pulled over, I roll down my window and place both of my hands out on the door where the officer can see them. All officers have been very appreciative of this action.

You don’t tase someone not under arrest. Nor do you allow someone under arrest to slowly walk away from you and circle a car to the drivers door. If he was under arrest the two officers should have subdued him.

But you certainly do not fire seven shots into a vehicle with three kids in it on suspicion he may gain access to a weapon. You prepare for the worst and attempt to negotiate the safe release of the children. It is a terrible look for these officers.

You don’t tase someone not under arrest.
    They were attempting to arrest him. He had a warrant. It was not the officers who issued the warrant, but a judge based on a complaint from the wife/girlfriend... Are you suggesting the time to tase somebody is AFTER they are arrested? I suspect if the police were tazering people after arresting them then everybody would be up in arms, INCLUDING ME. Why the hell would you tazer somebody who is under arrest?

Nor do you allow someone under arrest to slowly walk away from you and circle a car to the drivers door. If he was under arrest the two officers should have subdued him.
    They allowed him to walk away likely because in a post Rayshaun Brooks era, that is what you are suppose to do. You remember Brooks, the guy who resisted arrest, escaped after grabbing the officers tazer an pointed it at them while running away... and was "unjustly" shot because the police should have let him go!!

But you certainly do not fire seven shots into a vehicle with three kids in it on suspicion he may gain access to a weapon. You prepare for the worst and attempt to negotiate the safe release of the children. It is a terrible look for these officers.
    How about you don't go into a car with your children when officers specifically direct you not to. 7 shots that didn't kill vs 1 shot that does? Take the 7 nonlethal ones. Add that there were 2 officers. Did one shoot all 7 or did one shoot 3 and the other 4? Is 4 shots too many? Guess it depends on if he was no longer a threat.