Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bucks boycott game today vs Orlando Magic

For the shooting of Jacob Blake. Keep in mind police shot the accused rapist in the back after he resisted arrest and reached into his car, possibly for a weapon.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Bucks boycott game today vs Orlando Magic

So the cops say, who have never been known to lie, now have they?

I've seen the video. It was cold blooded murder, just like that 17 year old white nationalist that thought it was his duty to go and protect Kenosha and shot 3 and killed 2. Somehow, protesting with guns, ignoring police is perfectly fine if you are white (Idaho, Kentucky, Michigan), but much less gets you a death sentence, without due process, if you are black.

Cops are going to keep killing black people, partnering with vigilante groups and inciting violence until they are held accountable.

Good for the Bucks and the next teams that will do this!

The warrant says.....

The video says.....

I stated NOTHING the cops said. He had an arrest warrent for sexual assualt on a 14 yr old. That is not "the cops saying". It is public record.

And I watched the video where he resisted arrest, bulled his way to the car and reached in. That is not what the cops say. It is what the video shows
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

But to the topic......

I have always said sports and politics are seperate entities, and should stay that way. I hold my business to the same standard. Don't bring politics in. Right time, right place

Seven shots in the back with his three children in the car paints a very grim picture. That is certain.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But to the topic......

I have always said sports and politics are seperate entities, and should stay that way. I hold my business to the same standard. Don't bring politics in. Right time, right place
    There are no politics being played here.. when America can have the conversation that cops can handle these situations better and criminals will stop resisting arrest and well you know committing crimes, this will not get fixed

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post

I've seen the video. It was cold blooded murder, just like that 17 year old white nationalist that thought it was his duty to go and protect Kenosha and shot 3 and killed 2. Somehow, protesting with guns, ignoring police is perfectly fine if you are white (Idaho, Kentucky, Michigan), but much less gets you a death sentence, without due process, if you are black.

Cops are going to keep killing black people, partnering with vigilante groups and inciting violence until they are held accountable.

Cold blooded murder? Newflash! The guy didn’t die.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

A boycott is an excellent idea. I think they should just boycott the rest of the playoffs

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Cold blooded murder? Newflash! The guy didn’t die.
    Excuse me, I left out attempted.

The cops just got lucky he didn't die. Although not really, since they won't be held accountable like so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    A boycott is an excellent idea. I think they should just boycott the rest of the playoffs

Darryl

Amazingly enough, sounds like they’re seriously considering it.

I have to disagree with Stu. You do what the guys in blue in authority with the guns tell you. Especially if you have a history of violence and weapons. And once lawlessness is accepted, Stu, lawlessness will escalate. The authorities who allow these criminals to riot are the ones I blame. That is why we have laws and a thin blue line to protect us. As for the boycott, well, that goes both ways. Pro sports gets nothing from me.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

The video shows a wanted criminal resisting arrest and reaching in the car. Seems the protesters want the police to wait and see if he wields a weapon. I would like to see these so called protestors put themselves in the police shoes and see if they would wait up until the criminal aims at weapon at them.

Based on what is happening there will be no more arrests on black criminals as it is a no win situation. The minute they resist arrest you have to let them go. I feel sorry the law abiding black citizens that will bear the brunt as their communities will become more and more unsafe.

Let’s not focus on the real problem let’s just boycott sports and have so called protests that are making our cities less safe. All citizens (black, white, hispanic) that have enough enough money will take their tax paying base elsewhere making the disparities worse. The democrats are using BLM and the protests to get elected. They could care less about the solving any of the problems.

As big sky says this is only going to escalate. How is that helping anybody?

One and Done

If you know it was cold blooded (attempted) murder, I have one question that you should be able to clarify for me. What did he fight through an officer to reach in and get out of his car?

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Excuse me, I left out attempted.

The cops just got lucky he didn't die. Although not really, since they won't be held accountable like so many others.
    The cops told him to stop multiple times. He refused. He was reaching for something I’m his car. What the hell are they supposed to do? Wait for him to possibly get a gun/weapon and then turn around and potentially use weapon on them or an innocent bystander? As your boy Biden would say, C’mon man!

That's complete crap. He resisted arrest. Multiple calls for him to stop and he opens the car door and reaches into the floor board. Should they wait to be shot before shooting.

All he has to do is stop. It's that simple. If he does that simple thing he is alive today!!!
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

Stu, you really should review the stats on shootings.
    It doesn’t match your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Good grief. I haven't watched an NBA game and won't...ever again. Their ratings are tanking. I hope they go bankrupt.
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

When criminals stop being criminals this will stop.
    Has nothing to do with racism or white cops shooting blacks it’s cops trying to stop criminals and doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Seven shots in the back with his three children in the car paints a very grim picture. That is certain.
    It does.

But you know what the first thing you learn in dealing with the police?

DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD.

In the Ky CCDW class they make it very clear that, right or wrong, you are to obey the officer's orders without presenting a threat in any way. If the officer is wrong there are avenues to address the issue later.

This guy resisted arrest for a warrant, then went reaching into his vehicle. the officers have to assume he's not grabbing for a Kleenex.

Now, as close as they were I wonder why not a taser, or take down move, etc., clearly there are a lot of questions and no doubt it's a bad look and warrants a thorough investigation.

But the surest way to not have that problem is when the officer says to step away from the car and put your hands up, you do it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Lebron will drop and China will bail them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Good grief. I haven't watched an NBA game and won't...ever again. Their ratings are tanking. I hope they go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopcat View Post
    I feel sorry the law abiding black citizens that will bear the brunt as their communities will become more and more unsafe.
    If they really cared about black lives, and hopefully everyone's life, the NBA players would walk out over every Chicago weekend when 15-30 minority Americans are shot and killed in raging gang violence while nothing is done to stop it. They would be protesting to have MORE police to stop little kids from being murdered in parks by rival gangs in drive by shootings, not to eliminate the cops.

how many hundreds of minorities are murdered every year in gang and drug and other criminal violence for each one killed by an officer? Where are the protests for that loss? Where are the calls to deal with these murderers?

where's the outrage over the lack of access to education and jobs that would do something to address the systemic poverty that is the real source of despair in these communities? No, they've burned down the businesses and driven out the cops who would protect people, then wonder why folks are suffering.

The everyday people in these areas btw know the truth, and do suffer with the lack of resources and support, meanwhile their plight has become a political football issue that fights for things in their name that have nothing to do with helping them in their daily lives.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I mean they shot a guy in Minnesota who had a concealed carry, told the cops who stopped him, but when he went to get his registration they shot him. Emptied the clip. Because his hand went to his wallet which was near his licensed firearm. Officer was found not guilty. That is the reality of how dangerous interactions can be. Now think about a felon, the subject of the 911 call, history of violence and felony, ignoring police and reaching for something in his vehicle.

I know to keep my license and registration proof of insurance at the ready On the visor. Period. Hands on the wheel then up to visor. From Wiki:

On July 6, 2016, Philando Castile,[a] was a 32-year-old African American man who was fatally shot during a traffic stop by police officer Jeronimo Yanez, a 28-year-old Hispanic member of the St. Anthony, Minnesota police department.
    Castile was driving with his partner, Diamond Reynolds, and her four-year-old daughter when at 9:00 p.m. he was pulled over by Yanez and another officer in Falcon Heights, a suburb of Saint Paul, Minnesota.[3][4] After being asked for his license and registration, Castile told Officer Yanez that he had a licensed firearm. After a brief exchange in which Yanez told Castile "not to reach for it" and Castile replied that he would not,[5] Yanez fired seven close-range shots at Castile, hitting him five times.[6] Castile died of his wounds at 9:37 p.m. at Hennepin County Medical Center, about 20 minutes after being shot.[7]
    Reynolds posted a live stream video on Facebook in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, and the incident quickly gained national interest.[8][9] Local and national protests formed, and five months after the incident, Yanez was charged with second-degree manslaughter and two counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm.[10] After five days of deliberation, he was acquitted of all charges in a jury trial on June 16, 2017.[11][12] After the verdict, Yanez was immediately fired by the City of Saint Anthony.[13] Wrongful death lawsuits against the City brought by Reynolds and Castile's family were settled for $3.8 million.
    Last edited by bigsky; 08-26-2020 at 06:34 PM.

I hope the owners boycott paying them. I stopped watching and listening to anything they have to say. Their opinions mean nothing to me. Again, I don’t personally know any professional athletes, so why would I follow their lead or take their advice in anything other than sports. I would listen to what they have to say about a fast break, or defensive set etc.

I have enjoyed watching MLB because there hasn’t been any protests or uniform messages in any of the games I’ve watched.

Really sad to see social issues bleed into sports and other entertainment avenues.

In regards to the WI shooting, I thought I had heard the police responded to a domestic violence situation involving a convicted felon, and there were children involved. So the guy disregards the police order to stop, he resisted and reached suspiciously into a vehicle with children in back seat. The LEO had an obligation to protect those children first and foremost and then themselves too. I keep hearing a lot about how horrific it was that the shooting happened in front of the children, How horrific would it have been if the LEO backed off and let the violent felon drive off with children in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

7 shots to the back is grim....almost as grim as a 29 yr old man sexually assaulting somebody.

In 2015, he pulled a gun on a cop. Of course the cops may not have known that (although they likely did when they pulled up his history when checking the warrant)

https://greatgameindia.com/jacob-blake-arrest-warrant/

https://greatgameindia.com/jacob-bla...arrest_warrant

This from his arrest in 2015: Not the first resisting arrest, and has a history of pulling a gun
    Jacob Blake, 24, of Racine, was charged Monday in Racine County Circuit Court with one felony count of*resisting arrest causing a soft tissue injury to a police officer and one misdemeanor count each of carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a firearm while intoxicated, endangering safety-use of a dangerous weapon, and disorderly conduct. If convicted, he will face up to 8-1/2 years in prison and/or up to $50,000 in fines.

According to the criminal complaint, Blake and two women were at the Brass Monkey tavern, 1436 Junction Avenue, Saturday when Blake got into an argument with another patron and pulled a black handgun. Blake pointed the gun at the other man, and the magazine fell to the floor. The bartender told Blake to leave, and he did but then pointed the gun through the window at patrons inside the bar before walking south on Junction Avenue.

Police say they encountered a woman walking on Junction who was in the bar with Blake, but she said she didn’t know what happened and that her friends left without her in a silver SUV. A few moments later, officers were advised that a silver SUV was traveling north on Junction with a male subject driving who matched the description of Blake, and they initiated a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Racine Avenue.

Believing the driver was armed, police conducted a high risk traffic stop, the complaint reads, and ordered Blake to put his hands out the window of the vehicle. Instead, Blake exited the SUV and started walking toward officers and ignored commands to get down on the ground. Officers forced Blake to the ground and ordered him to put his hands behind his back. When Blake refused to comply, K9 Dozer was deployed to force the defendant into compliance.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-26-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It does.

DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD.

In the Ky CCDW class they make it very clear that, right or wrong, you are to obey the officer's orders without presenting a threat in any way. If the officer is wrong there are avenues to address the issue later.

This guy resisted arrest for a warrant, then went reaching into his vehicle. the officers have to assume he's not grabbing for a Kleenex.

Now, as close as they were I wonder why not a taser, or take down move, etc., clearly there are a lot of questions and no doubt it's a bad look and warrants a thorough investigation.

But the surest way to not have that problem is when the officer says to step away from the car and put your hands up, you do it.
    He had already been tased, to no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    7 shots to the back is grim....almost as grim as a 29 yr old man sexually assaulting somebody.

In 2015, he pulled a gun on a cop. Of course the cops may not have known that (although they likely did when they pulled up his history when checking the warrant)

https://greatgameindia.com/jacob-blake-arrest-warrant/

https://greatgameindia.com/jacob-bla...arrest_warrant

This from his arrest in 2015: Not the first resisting arrest, and has a history of pulling a gun
    They knew he had a history of being armed, and pulling guns on law enforcement. 7 shots may seem excessive, but the training is shoot until the threat is neutralized.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 08-26-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It does.

DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD.

He was not restrained and walked at normal speed from one side of the car to the other. No attempt was made to restrain him until that moment he reached for the car door. Terrible and indecisive police work which led to the police Severely and intentionally endangering the lives of three children. And of those seven shots in the back it is a small miracle one did not strike a child. Either with a child rushing to help their daddy or a stray bounce off a hard surface If there is no gun and no record of armed violence it is murder imho and was entirely avoidable.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-26-2020 at 08:10 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Great nothing to do tonight, and no sports on TV. Might as well go rob a liquor store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire