Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Biden chooses Kamala Harris

Biden chooses Kamala Harris

Seems like an odd pick given how she attacked Biden in the primary process. Harris wasn’t very popular in the primary process, making the pick even more strange.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 08-12-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Re: Biden chooses Kampala Harris

She has the most attractive hair of the announced candidates. He will be in hair sniffing heaven until the election is over, and there is a slim possibility it could last until he completely veges out.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Biden chooses Kampala Harris

“If” Biden were to win, she would be president within two years when Biden finally snaps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

She has enough baggage in her prosecutorial past to be an issue....

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...record/596758/

Defund the po...er...elect the police!

She’s got the black vote in California “locked up”

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    She has enough baggage in her prosecutorial past to be an issue....

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...record/596758/
    That was the big issue Dems had with her in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    She’s got the black vote in California “locked up”
    Well played!

It’s a bigger issue this time because Biden is a few gaffes away from her taking the top spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    That was the big issue Dems had with her in the primaries.

Here's my guess.

This last week or so the polls have tightened. IMO their internal polling is showing what I thinking is causing it: fear from these extremists and riots. Biden nor any Democrat is standing up to even the most extreme of these behaviors. They refuse to condemn Antifa, don't call out BLM even when on days like today one of their leaders says looting in Chicago is just "reparations".

That has people thinking that a Biden Presidency will be very soft if not outright condoning of these extreme shifts and extreme demands, so they are thinking that they may have to hold their nose again and vote for Trump.

Harris only makes sense if you're more worried about losing the middle than you are pissing off the far left. This is a pick that I think they hope will shore up biden on the question of these extremists without having to actually have the nerve to condemn them in strong terms. I'm betting they figure the far left will hold their nose and turn out against Trump even if Harris is on the ticket as another compromise Democrat in their eyes.

Personally I doubt it works. If these extreme positions and riots etc. keep happening and Biden and the Dems do nothing I think in the end it drives a lot of people to Trump that really don't want to be driven to him but will be even more afraid of the alternative. Unless Biden comes out against some of these extremes I don't think just having Harris on the ticket will do it.

He had to pick a black woman but he picked the most mainstream/traditional one he could. Since Biden doesn't actually make any of his own decisions, that means his team was looking at polling that said she was the best choice, and I think that's the case b/c they're seeing Biden lose ground as a reaction to this extremism.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Biden chooses Kampala Harris

She has been rumored for a couple of weeks. Someone even leaked it a week or two ago.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I get why she is the choice from the democratic establishment. What baffles me is she has a lot of negatives that will absolutely be exposed in this election cycle.

Look at Biden he is loaded with negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    She has been rumored for a couple of weeks. Someone even leaked it a week or two ago.

I just wonder when Joe was told. Probably right before he announced so he wouldn't blow it ahead of time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Michael Goodwin at the Post on the same trail, kind of:

Moreover, the simple fact that Harris was a prosecutor could be a big mark against her among many of those on the far left whom the ticket will need to attract. It’s possible the selection signals that Biden wants to separate himself and the party from the violent radicals leading riots and looting in many urban areas, but that would be unusual given how quiet he has been on the subject so far.

I know a little about her. Saw her during the Kavanaugh hearings etc.... but with her selection there have been numerous salacious memes of her. "Joe and the hoe" type thing (that is the least offensive) that imply a certain level of promiscuity. What is that about? Not trying to be offensive or an attack dog, just wondering. My preference would be looking at her record over her actions, but actions do matter. It certainly has not been out of bounds with Trump (ie Stormy Daniels, his ex-wives, "grab them by the #####"etc) so I think it is fair based on past history concerning the current CIC. So what is the back story?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

She apparently slept with San Fran Mayor Willie Brown, married and 30+ years her senior to get her start in public service.
    In this day and age, I’m not sure that is the issue that is the killer it once was. Prosecuting and convicting innocent people is however and she has has plenty of that on her resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I know a little about her. Saw her during the Kavanaugh hearings etc.... but with her selection there have been numerous salacious memes of her. "Joe and the hoe" type thing (that is the least offensive) that imply a certain level of promiscuity. What is that about? Not trying to be offensive or an attack dog, just wondering. My preference would be looking at her record over her actions, but actions do matter. It certainly has not been out of bounds with Trump (ie Stormy Daniels, his ex-wives, "grab them by the #####"etc) so I think it is fair based on past history concerning the current CIC. So what is the back story?
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 08-12-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post

Had to look it up. It was Politico about 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    She apparently slept with San Fran Mayor Willie Brown, married and 30+ years her senior to get her start in public service.
    In this day and age, I’m not sure that is the issue that is the killer it once was. Prosecuting and convicting innocent people is however and she has has plenty of that on her resume.
    Thanks..I knew the rumor was she had done something to get ahead (no pun intended but several memes are suggestive of that). I just hope it gets equal treatment to the scrutiny of Trump. Cetainly the issue of truthfulness has not. Bidens are gaffes and Trumps are lies
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Seems like an odd pick given how she attacked Biden in the primary process. Harris wasn’t very popular in the primary process, making the pick even more strange.
    You assume Biden made the pick. I think the DNC. Visited him in his bunker and told him who the selection was. They wanted him to know before the convention started.
    Real Fan since 1958

Agree, no way he made this choice.
    Would also bet just as he was chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    You assume Biden made the pick. I think the DNC. Visited him in his bunker and told him who the selection was. They wanted him to know before the convention started.
    That is likely the case. Yesterday the Biden people released a pic of the duo having a video conference. Joe has a script in front of him, and is holding his phone upside down making it appear someone else was in on the conversation.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/biden-...g-mate-report/

Re: Biden chooses Kamala Harris

Biden doesn't make any of his own decisions and hasn't in forever. He's got a team of handlers, and they have surrounded him for a long time now. B/c from the beginning if you let Joe just go out and talk then he steps in it almost every time.

guy asks 2nd Amendment question. Answer :" I don't work for you."

Guy asks about his fitness. Challenges the guy to a push up contest after calling him a "damned liar".

Black reporter asks a question he doesn't like, asks if he's on drugs.

What he has said and done for years and years is easily the match of Trump's most outrageous comments. easily. Except Trump's are all hyperbole and blather, whereas Joe's you sometimes wonder if he is home.

The truth is he didn't personally decide on her, or anything else he does. He may be in the room, but he's an expert at letting his advisors do the mental lifting. He's been a complete stuffed shirt politician for a long time.

I'm curious if anyone really thinks this was "his" decision. Even that it was his after getting in put from his advisors, or if it was just him being included in the decision, or if he was just flat told what they were going to do.

I do think that's a script in front of him if that was a live video they sent out. Heck there's a youtube taped video I've seen where he stammers, and that they could have reshot, that means that was the best take they got of him for that ad.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-12-2020 at 06:25 PM.