Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Philadelphia public school teacher worries about 'conservative' parents listening in

Virtual classes concern some education employees

Kay said "conservative parents" are his chief concern when teachers are engaging “in the messy work of destabilizing a kid’s racism or homophobia or transphobia.”
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Philadelphia public school teacher worries about 'conservative' parents listening

That is very disturbing to me but unfortunately, not the least bit surprising. I don't ever recall "learning" about the topics of race, homosexuality or transgenderism in my English classes.

Re: Philadelphia public school teacher worries about 'conservative' parents listening

If anyone thinks there is not a concerted effort of leftist indoctrination that has now utterly taken over our schools and media, they are either well indoctrinated or brain damaged.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well as a parent I would be concerned about liberal teachers attempting to instill THEIR political leaning in my children. I am all for parent involvement in a childs education....and quality teachers agree. Doing nothing wrong then you got nothing to hide
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

As I’ve said since 25 years ago when my first child started school, public school requires constant attention to the denigrating of western civilization and their worship of the noble primitive. I bet you have read me saying that 100 times.

If you speak out your are racist. Kentucky governor said they will hire more black teachers because they found it works when teaching the repressed!
    I do not think teachers/nerdy professors should be teaching anything but the core tools.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    If you speak out your are racist. Kentucky governor said they will hire more black teachers because they found it works when teaching the repressed!
    I do not think teachers/nerdy professors should be teaching anything but the core tools.
    And hiring teachers based on skin color is by definition racist. I mean its not like VP where skin color and gender are the first qialifiees
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Linkage

Tennessee mom says parents asked to sign 'ridiculous' waiver they will not eavesdrop on kids' online lessons

A Tennessee school district is under fire for asking parents to sign a form agreeing not to eavesdrop on kids' virtual classes over concerns they could overhear confidential information.

After significant pushback, Rutherford County Schools is allowing parents to tune in with permission from the teacher but they can't record the classes.

"It's ridiculous. It's so hypocritical because they've been data mining our children for years, compliments of common core," Laurie Cardoza-Moore, founder of Proclaiming Justice to the Nations, said on "Fox & Friends Weekend" Saturday.

"What are they trying to hide? What is the problem? Why won't they let us sit in?" the homeschool mom of five asked.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

During meeting here in the city it was pointed out that there were two concerns with going back to school.
    1 was covid and the other was this racism so teachers have been going through major training on why just their thoughts are considered racist.
    The school have completely stopped teaching the core values and instead brainwash the students as to why past generations were racist.
    Young children know nothing about racism but are taught racism.

First off, let's remember this is discussing an individual's twitter post. That said, I agree with the views of most everyone here in general.

“So, this fall, virtual class discussion will have many potential spectators — parents, siblings, etc. — in the same room. We’ll never be quite sure who is overhearing the discourse. What does this do for our equity/inclusion work?” Kay tweeted. “How much have students depended on the (somewhat) secure barriers of our physical classrooms to encourage vulnerability? How many of us have installed some version of ‘what happens here stays here’ to help this?”

While Kay acknowledged that "damage can come from the left too," he noted that "conservative parents" are his chief concern when teachers are engaging “in the messy work of destabilizing a kid’s racism or homophobia or transphobia.”

Now, if a non-traditional child is having an issue with say another child and the teacher must get into the "messy" work of dealing with the situation, there would naturally be communication between the parents of each child and the teacher.
    There's no reason to assume the worst here, excerpt that it makes for good political banter.
    Such situations are not limited to the present day as I can recall similar issues when I was in school. Those were handled privately and out of the view of other students and certainly not filmed and sent homme to every parent of every child to view how the school operates. Can you imagine?

Eighth grade girls getting pregnant and happily being married off to soldiers? it was a a way of life around a military base for many families that expected their daughters to embrace the security and respect by marrying into that lifestyle. But it wasn't at all appropriate in the eyes of many.
    In my day, it happened twice in middle school, as one girl missed the first month of school and another left midway through my eighth grade year to have her baby. These were not at all unusual back then, but they were handled in a delicate way to protect those students. And another time while involved in horseplay, I accidently kneed a friend in the groin area not knowing the damage I might cause. He was hospitalized and the next day I and my parents had to visit the principles office. It was messy, kept silent and the boy remained in the hospital a week or two. I meant no such harm to that boy, but if events like these and the many others common to any school year,, were played out in public view of an entire set of parents it would have been a cluster**** of major proportions. The issues of the current day would magnify that exponentially.

“While conversations about race are in my wheelhouse, and remain a concern in this no-walls environment — I am most intrigued by the damage that ‘helicopter/snowplow’ parents can do in the host conversations about gender/sexuality," he tweeted. "And while ‘conservative’ parents are my chief concern —.."

I would point out the last paragraph of the tweet..

"I know that the damage can come from the left too. If we are engaged in the messy work of destabilizing a kid’s racism or homophobia or transphobia — how much do we want their classmates’ parents piling on?

In general I agree with what most of here believe. I just think this is not a good example of it. It is not our business how a student other than our own has personal issues and problems dealt with.
    As a matter of fact it is a solely private matter between the parents directly involved, the student and educators.

The issue being raised is not about teaching these things to students, it is about directly dealing with such a situation in class and how an audience of every classroom parent lends itself to reactions from the few who are extreme in their view. The teacher did take a narrow view of the problems that could be encountered however.

Still, not a matter of right or wrong here, but common sense and justified concerns on maintaining the equity and inclusion which is required in public schools.
    Whether we agree on a social morality level or not.

And selective, poor reporting.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-22-2020 at 11:55 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain