Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The peaceful protests in the nation's major cities are getting out of control

The peaceful protests in the nation's major cities are getting out of control

Chicago's Magnificent Mile and BLM.

It don't matter cause those stores got insurance.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-11-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: The peaceful protests in the nation's major cities are getting out of control

Peaceful protests should be welcomed, embraced and supported. Virtually all of the protests held this summer, however, have turned into riots with varying degrees of violence.

No place for that. I am equally concerned of police brutality. I am concerned with Federal troops, not fully identified, perhaps exacerbating situations.

But no place for destruction of property or violence to police or other protesters.

Re: The peaceful protests in the nation's major cities are getting out of control

I sense these riots are by groups trying to show a country out of control to persuade the election.

They had better hope they had an umbrella policy. A lot of business owners in Louisville are dealing with this issue at the moment and being denied on policy’s wording to covered losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Peaceful protests should be welcomed, embraced and supported. Virtually all of the protests held this summer, however, have turned into riots with varying degrees of violence.
    The key part of "protest" is the part in the first Amendment about "Peaceful assembly". that's what is OK.

IMO what we are seeing isn't even a "protest" as in "we disagree with this and want our voices heard", or if it is it quickly goes to "here are our demands and if we don't get what we want bad things will happen."

These are riots, lootings, and calls for destruction of our very national fabric. That's a long way from peaceful assembly to call for some reform or improvement in people's lives.

In fact they have wrought havoc on the lives of many of the very people these groups claim to care about, destroying their neighborhoods and discouraging the business investment they desperately need.

“That is reparations,” Atkins continued. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.

This is not about peaceful "protests". What we're seeing is an attempted overthrow of our Constitutional system through social and violent intimidation.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

We are seeing this in the NuLu area of Louisville with a list of demands being given to the store owners.
    Here’s the crazy part some are signing this contract without even knowing who to respond do as a generic email was provided.
    What is wrong with people and generally these are Caucasian store owners Bowing down.
    I honestly do not understand what or why this is happening.

Many policies exclude riots/civil unrest
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post

No place for that. I am equally concerned of police brutality. I am concerned with Federal troops, not fully identified, perhaps exacerbating situations.

But no place for destruction of property or violence to police or other protesters.
    Here we agree 100%. I have no objection, and support peoples right to protest, even opinions I disagree with. But will never support people who either engage in violence or impinge on others rights. IMO blocking traffic is not peaceful protest, nor is defacing public property. Peaceful protesting is neither of these, and clearly looting, robbing, explosives, arson, etc are not as well
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    I honestly do not understand what or why this is happening.
    The whole movement thing I think is a result of decades of indoctrination by an academic and media establishment that honestly is full of some of the dumbest people who can still walk and breath, but they have operated unchecked and now we see the results.

The capitulation is an historically seen response to the mob rule we are seeing.

This is a classic extremist revolution, no different than the Cultural Revolution of Mao, or the intimidation tactics used by the Nazi Brown Shirts in Kristallnacht.

And the response is the same. People all lined up and supported those things not b/c they thought people were really enemies of the state or that Jews were evil, but b/c they were afraid of the mob turning on them. Most will agree to about anything to avoid their ire.

Those business owners, other than the Cuban one who figures BLM has nothing on his struggles, are terrified. They'd all confess to their racism and probably admit to having helped bury Jimmy Hoffa if they thought it would keep them on the good side of the leftist mob.

And in the micro sense I get it, but in the macro sense obviously it only gives these extremists more power.

that usually happens until there is a big enough backlash. Or they win and the nation goes to hell and perhaps plunges into depression, war, whatever.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Many policies exclude riots/civil unrest
    That is a fact. I was just paraphrasing a statement from the article that was made by one of the BLM bums.
    seeya
    dan

I hope it keeps escalating...this will improve Trumps chances.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I hope it keeps escalating...this will improve Trumps chances.
    I'm convinced that's why the polls have tightened some. Some of this is getting downright scary, and I can't imagine thinking Biden will make it better.

It's like the idea that once the Feds left Portland things would improve. This whole "there's a lot of crime, it must be because we have too much law enforcement" concept has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm convinced that's why the polls have tightened some. Some of this is getting downright scary, and I can't imagine thinking Biden will make it better.

It's like the idea that once the Feds left Portland things would improve. This whole "there's a lot of crime, it must be because we have too much law enforcement" concept has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in 20 years.
    You seem to think logic is driving anything the Left is doing....

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    You seem to think logic is driving anything the Left is doing....
    There's a method to their madness. To get where they want to be 2+2 has to equal 5 if they tell you it equals five.

seeya
    dan

Virginiacat how do you feel about all the statues being removed and the history of Virginia being forgotten like dust in the wind.

Virginiacat how do you feel about all the statues being removed and the history of Virginia being forgotten like dust in the wind.
    For me, I have no issue with the removal of statues or monuments so long as it is done in the correct manner. Correct manner is not a mob spaying graffiti all over it before attaching chains and ropes, then ripping it down. Then you have morons pulling down Christopher Columbus, Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln. Nope....you have public meetings where people can present a case for it and a case against it (sort of like what should have been done in Charlottesville where BOTH side did have reasonable arguments), then a decision be made, be it by vote by the public or government representative actions. Mob rule/action is ALWAY wrong. What is to keep me from hooking my 4x4 to the MLK monument and ripping it down because it bothers me?

Well that’s the problem in most cases an MLK statue would never be touched or questioned.

Well that’s the problem in most cases an MLK statue would never be touched or questioned.
    You would think the same about Christopher Columbus and Abe Lincoln...........

I sense in order to fit an agenda racism is being taught in most cases.

I sense these riots are by groups trying to show a country out of control to persuade the election.
    I think that you give them more credit than they are capable of / deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    For me, I have no issue with the removal of statues or monuments so long as it is done in the correct manner. Correct manner is not a mob spaying graffiti all over it before attaching chains and ropes, then ripping it down. Then you have morons pulling down Christopher Columbus, Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln. Nope....you have public meetings where people can present a case for it and a case against it (sort of like what should have been done in Charlottesville where BOTH side did have reasonable arguments), then a decision be made, be it by vote by the public or government representative actions. Mob rule/action is ALWAY wrong. What is to keep me from hooking my 4x4 to the MLK monument and ripping it down because it bothers me?
    I agree. I don’t think of this as changing history. We can’t change history or the past. I think of it as a future change to how we think of the past. Right or wrong, peoples’ views of things are continually changing. This is another example.

Unfortunately these riots are a funded organized campaign.
    No way they could sustain without financial support.

It’s a history and as stated you cannot change it so do not touch or remove the statues.
    Some of your most outspoken voices are immigrants from India and other countries, why were they voted to office and then allowed to make these changes and demands when they know that America is a millions times better then their original country.

seeya
    dan

THey went after the restaurant, where the 3 hostesses involved were black, latino and Asian. Anything for a headline.

They must be hard up for things to protest to pick a single restaurant scuffle that happened b/c of NYC's vax mandate for restaurants.