Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Trump backs Pelosi into a corner

The executive orders by Trump did more to back Pelosi and the Dems into a corner than it did anything else. Pelosi has three options, negotiate, take a Trump to court, or do nothing.

If the Dems file suite they stand a good chance of winning in court, but are going to lose by looking like they don’t care what happens to laid off Americans.

If they do nothing they concede victory to Trump and he uses having to act through executive action as a campaign topic.

The option to negotiate now has done a 180, Pelosi cannot blame the lack of negotiation on Trump and the GOP and she will now just be able to get what was reasonable to begin with.

Trump wasn’t able to do a lot by EO, but what he did do is likely to not be implemented as I would expect swift negotiations to take place this week.

Re: Trump backs Pelosi into a corner

IMHO it was wrong when Obama used his pen and phone in 2014, and it's wrong now.

No one who's cheering now better gripe when the next Democrat President pens/phones something the GOP wouldn't give him.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 08-09-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    IMHO it was wrong when Obama used his pen and phone in 2014, and it's wrong now.

No one who's cheering now better gripe when the next Democrat President pens/phones something the GOP wouldn't give him.
    Correct...only the democrats should be able to use such tactics, as Obama did with DACA and grant 800,000 people execption from exportation. The left does stuff all the.time that comes back to bite them. Look at them changing judge approaval. Bret Kavanaugh certain thanks Harry Reid for making it a simple majority. For the record, I did not cheer then and won't now. However its clear it needed to be done.

Personally I wish something could have been worked out, and am still confident it will without a bunch of crap added into it. People/voters are sick and tired of the sleazy tactics like putting all these unrelated things in bills. It has been an issue for decades.Its why many want line item veto.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

Obama most certainly used executive orders too much. trump is doing the same and in my view pushing the imperial presidency into a dictatorship.

I am so glad this point has been raised. The hope for democracy is to stand by the rule of law. Call out both sides.

Stand for principles not parties and not a single politician. Condemn AOC’s politics. But condemn federal staff for photoshopping gang rape images of her and putting them in Facebook.

Call out Harry Reid and Mitch McConnel for holding up judicial appointments.

It is about consistent application of the law and precedents for how this great nation has conducted itself.

I doubt Trumps executive orders are carried out, I think the entire purpose was to force Pelosi to negotiate.

You can than the liberal wing of SCOTUS and John Roberts for the expansion of executive orders, the DACA ruling expanded the power to use EOs.

Bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I doubt Trumps executive orders are carried out, I think the entire purpose was to force Pelosi to negotiate.

You can than the liberal wing of SCOTUS and John Roberts for the expansion of executive orders, the DACA ruling expanded the power to use EOs.

Yep, if an EO Can cover massive changes to immigration law,I guess it can do about anything. Congress has ceded it's authority to tens of thousands of unelected bureaucrats who create new laws every damned day, why not the POTUS?

The whole thing is going to hell in a bucket anyway, might as well enjoy the ride.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.