Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Any store in Jackson, Mississippi have this?

Any store in Jackson, Mississippi have this?

My rental car power outlet is not working. I have checked the fuse and replace the fuse and it is still not operating. Have tried two different items in it, and neither work.

But the rear has an AC outlet that does work. I would love to be able to use that 2 converted to a power socket for the remainder of my trip.Screenshot_20200821-133413.jpgScreenshot_20200821-133326.jpgScreenshot_20200821-133153.jpg

Re: Any store in Jackson, Mississippi have this?

I have a solution for you, but it may require a screw extractor kit to make it work.

Buy the unit listed on the linked webpage. Also buy enough 12 or 14 gauge wire to run from the battery terminals in the engine compartment into the cab of the vehicle to a convenient point to lay the unit listed in the add. Also buy an inline fuse holder and a 15 amp fuse. Put the fuse in the inline fuse holder and splice the hot wire into the fuse holder. Connect the wires to the unit in the add, and presto you have a working cigarette lighter plug in unit for your electrical device.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...20&%20adapters

Sorry to go half way to the moon to get something that will work but I could not locate the unit you were shopping for anywhere near Jackson MS
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Wally World is the only seller I could find for the unit you are looking for and they do not stock it in stores. Have to have it shipped to you by one of their affiliated sellers.
    seeya
    dan

Found a similar unit in Batteries +Bulbs. More expensive at about 15 dollars but it accomplishes the same thing. I called them and they do not have it in stock.

Remember to pack the screw extractors.
    seeya
    dan

How much longer is your trip.
    I have one in the console of my truck and I will FedEx it to you.

Adapter.jpg
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 08-21-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Thanks for checking, Dan. I'll make do on everything except my radar detector. Appreciate you looking.

In route...

Sorry... Was stopped in route, didn't see your post, Pappy. Appreciate it, but I'm in progress. Rental car woes.

No worries. Wish I had seen it sooner. I was at work and would have tried to get it out via the Company (with my Supervisor's blessing) to meet you.
    I use it for a detail buffer that I have. Doesn't get used too often ad I could definitely let it go for a good cause.
    I have not forgot the hospitality and kindness shown to me over the years by the folks on this board.
    You and Mick, when traveling through B'Ham to LA and Grammy took to feeling poorly. You folks were giving me directions to the local medical facilities, and the places to eat (I still dream about the coffee and breakfast at Edgar's).
    Or Catonahottinroof and blueboss for some of the best suggestions for good eating in Savannah.
    suncat, for the Pasta Fagioli (I hope I spelled that right) recipe.
    Doc, for the advice and reassurance when Grammy lost her beloved cat Survivor.
    Dan, for the tip on the Cumberland highway at daybreak; will take your breath, and that little hideaway in Eastern North Carolina..
    Too many to name them all, and if I didn't mention you specifically, please take no offense and know I appreciated your actions.
    So, if I had a chance to pay some of that hospitality forward, you better believe I was going to offer.
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 08-22-2020 at 06:14 AM.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.