Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: We live in a country where convenience is essential but school is not.

We live in a country where convenience is essential but school is not.

Convenience store clerks and truck stop employees have worked every day but teachers unions want to get paid to stay at home. We didn’t stay at home in any other crisis in american history. We voted in person in every crisis in American history. We got up and made this country work in every crisis in American history. That is the history that needs to be in school now more than ever.

Re: We live in a country where convenience is essential but school is not.

If store clerks and truck stop employees had unions as strong as the teachers unions, they would've been off work, too.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

My wife hasn’t missed a day as a paralegal. If anything, real estate market here In SW FL is getting busier.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Convenience store clerks and truck stop employees have worked every day but teachers unions want to get paid to stay at home. We didn’t stay at home in any other crisis in american history. We voted in person in every crisis in American history. We got up and made this country work in every crisis in American history. That is the history that needs to be in school now more than ever.
    Thank you!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Agree Sky! Kids of ages are really suffering.

Individual teachers care about kids. Their unions don't care about much more than the union, including the kids and the individual teachers.

If you could learn as much online then everyone would be going to Phoenix University instead of Harvard. They won't learn a damned thing this year. It's hard enough getting them to learn when you have them captive in a room, esp. with phones and crap these days.

Will teaching have more risk than sitting at home? Well yes, but it does for numerous other categories of workers who are all making it through, from grocery clerks to medial staffs to retail stores and restaurants.

Everyone else is putting on a mask and muddling through.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-06-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I dropped NEA and joined KAPE, because the NEA was spending my dues supporting social causes I didn’t support. Most teachers only have NEA for the liability protection.