Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Article: Leaked George Floyd Arrest Video Raises Questions

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Article: Leaked George Floyd Arrest Video Raises Questions

Re: Article: Leaked George Floyd Arrest Video Raises Questions

I think the best the prosecutor can do is a manslaughter conviction on Chauvin. There is no way a rightful conviction on the other three can come about after that video. It’s also obvious why Ellison was preventing its release.

One interpretation is, “a badly frightened George Floyd had reason to be” and another interpretation is, “a driver so clearly under the influence of drugs could not follow simple directions and resisted arrest”. I am both. Clearly wasted people should not be driving and risking arrest, Or resisting arrest, but those are not infractions worthy of immediate execution. Just the bleeping language of the officer sets me on edge. Just the whole “don’t shoot me even though I won’t do a damn thing you say” sets me on edge. This is our police officers’ life and job. How can they not be jaded, cynical, disgusted. No that is not a question.

I did watch the video and it does not change my mind in the least about the officers actions. The 8 minutes plus with the leg across the neck is and was an act of murder. It is the act of an officer who did not follow protocol and did not take the arrestees life into consideration. I have zero issue with police officers being cautious, or even paranoid, concerning their safety. I have no issue with them killing somebody who is possing or potentially posing a threat. I also see no evidence of a racial bias, or evidece that is was not. Thus I refrain from labelling it racist or racially motivated.

But I also see an individual who was resisting and not following lawful commands by an officer. It was hardly the innocent black man being rousted by the man simply for the color of his skin. In a vehicle in that condition is dangerous to everybody on the road. Police had the responsibility to take him into custody by whatever means possible for the safety of the community.....but not the right to choke him to death.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-05-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.