Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: TikTok...tick tock...tick tock....tick tock

TikTok...tick tock...tick tock....tick tock

Going up in flames in the USA. The administration's China policy is designed to help America first, and to force China to play fair or to exit the game.

linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: TikTok...tick tock...tick tock....tick tock

I have no problem with it. The music industry may be up in arms however. A HUGE market in royalties lost. The industry made a big move at the end of 2019 towards that market.

Yet, I wager we'll find that the platform makes its way back to the White House good graces if they agree to pay an even semi-fair royalty for music use. It alone is almost a crime.
    For all my Democratic leanings let me say this, the administration and even congress have been very supportive of the performing arts in this country and more importantly, for their performance rights around the world.

Very good.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-02-2020 at 01:35 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

https://www.nysun.com/editorials/the...-tiktok/91206/

The clock is running on the TikTok drama, with the next deadline by the end of this week. That’s when Secretary Mnuchin promised that the Treasury Department’s Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States would make a recommendation to President Trump in respect of what to do about the communist Chinese owned video-sharing service that has become wildly popular among Generation Z Americans.

This is a tough choice, pitting, on the one hand, free market principles against, on the other hand, national security. The more we look at it, the more inclined we are to credit the instincts of Secretary of State Pompeo and other hardliners. They are alarmed by the acquisition by Beijing-based tech giant ByteDance of TikTok’s predecessor, the service Musical.ly, which was repackaged and renamed as TikTok.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

This has nothing to do with the "free market", as Chinese stake holders aren't companies, they are licensed sub-operators under a vicious and dangerous Communist regime.

That's like saying it's interfering in the free market to not let US contractors sell weapons to a company based in Iran.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Tik Tok is just like Facebook in that it can access your contacts, uses facial recognition etc...The big difference between the two is Tik Tok’s (your input) data will eventually belong to the Chinese Communist Party....