Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Anyone planning a trip to the east coast?

The weather is going south in a hurry it appears.

Hurricane Isaias is rapidly approaching the FL Atlantic coast and is then forecaste to ride the coast north

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Anyone planning a trip to the east coast?

Looks kinda icky.

No travel plans until moving kids to school and then family wedding, none on the East Coast.

Hope the wind and rain is less than forecast for our friends in South FL.
    seeya
    dan

Its a nothing. Pretty much what I expected. Some rain and winds but like many storms, its way overblown (pun intended). Is almost due east of me now and its not even raining. Went out for coffee this am and many places open for business. Really an ideal storm to start the years (as far as storm that actually hit anywhere near us)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Wife may be driving to Myrtle Beach Tomorrow to look a Condo we are considering....

@ABC: LATEST: Almost 450,000 customers currently without power across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia after Isaias made landfall near Ocean Isle Beach late Monday night. https://abcn.ws/31gjuGr

In Va Beach my daughter said it hit around 4:00 am, they lost power for a couple of hours.

They’re around 10-12 miles inland and haven’t had any damage. There is a tree on one of their friends house a couple of miles away....

Supposed to move out of the area around noonish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

We have a bit of rain showers here in Shen Valley and some light winds (10mph or so) but nothing diff than a normal summer storm here except no thunder/lightening

Just to add..... this has to be the dumbest name for a storm, ever. Isaias? Anybody know anybody named Isaias? Uncle Isaias?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Just to add..... this has to be the dumbest name for a storm, ever. Isaias? Anybody know anybody named Isaias? Uncle Isaias?
    I haven't heard the news, so I'm not even sure how that is pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I haven't heard the news, so I'm not even sure how that is pronounced.
    E-sigh-A-sis

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    so the last time this name was used with a person was 33 years ago, with some obscure Spanish Soccer player. Granted, there are not a lot of "I" names out there but Isaias???

retired "I" are Ione, Inez, Iris, Isidore, Isabel, Ivan, Ike, Igor, Irene, Ingrid, Irma.

Maybe Immanuel, Izadora, Ishmeal, Iman (as in Omar), etc... lots of possibilities and none on list were Isaias. Looks more like the left over letters in a game of scrabble

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    so the last time this name was used with a person was 33 years ago, with some obscure Spanish Soccer player. Granted, there are not a lot of "I" names out there but Isaias???

retired "I" are Ione, Inez, Iris, Isidore, Isabel, Ivan, Ike, Igor, Irene, Ingrid, Irma.

Maybe Immanuel, Izadora, Ishmeal, Iman (as in Omar), etc... lots of possibilities and none on list were Isaias. Looks more like the left over letters in a game of scrabble
    We had an employee a while back named Ieesha... I think she was Irish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire