Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Annual Total Salary for Congress = $93,100,000

That does not include health benefits, perks, free meals, security, travel etc.

We get almost NOTHING of value from them

Democrats/Republicans they all suck

Darryl

Re: Annual Total Salary for Congress = $93,100,000

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    That does not include health benefits, perks, free meals, security, travel etc.

We get almost NOTHING of value from them

Democrats/Republicans they all suck

Darryl
    And that's certainly not all the financial benefit they get from the job.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    And that's certainly not all the financial benefit they get from the job.
    You don’t become a millionaire like many of them have done on a congressional salary.

The Clintons have stolen over 200 million dollars from the American people and the loved Obama over 50 million, now how do you think they accumulated wealth like that in politics?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Annual Total Salary for Congress = $93,100,000

It’s not so much the money that’s wasted on Congress that bothers me, it’s the oxygen they’re using up that really gets to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    You don’t become a millionaire like many of them have done on a congressional salary.
    At least the senators usually start as millionaires. It is a racket all right.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    At least the senators usually start as millionaires. It is a racket all right.
    That’s true, the House members don’t start out rich, but many get there in a short time. Omar is on the fast track.

IMO we should quadruple the salaries, maybe increase 10 fold.

BUT, then we change the rules so they keep ZERO of any campaign funds, even on retirement, and receive absolutely no other money in any way.

In fact, I'd be all for a federally supported campaign fund. Every candidate that gets X number of signatures to get on the ballot gets Y dollars to spend, but no one else can give them anything.

Now, the problem is the first amendment. If I like a candidate it's my right to voice that support. PACs were an attempt to separate free speech from candidate pockets, but it didn't work. Maybe we can enforce those rules better, but I doubt it.

But you have to pay to attract good people, and if they are extremely well paid in salary maybe they have less need to worry about how much a lobbyist will help them, or whether they get that cherry board directorship when they retire.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.