Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Hopefully the 9mm market loosens up a bit as the ammo being produced at the Remington factory hits the market. The factory was offline for a while after Vista Outdoors (Federal) purchased the Remington ammo division.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Hopefully the 9mm market loosens up a bit as the ammo being produced at the Remington factory hits the market. The factory was offline for a while after Vista Outdoors (Federal) purchased the Remington ammo division.
    That would be a very welcome occurrence, and makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That would be a very welcome occurrence, and makes sense.
    I’ve started seeing some Remington ammo offered online through Sportman’s Guide. I’ve seen some reports that it is also cropping up elsewhere. I’ve not looked for ammo in months locally, I may need to up my game with warm weather arriving. My daughter bought my SIL a nice clay pigeon setup for his birthday, so I may need to get some target loads and a semiautomatic 12 gauge and help him break it in.

Just an FYI, most Rural King stores have Wolf 00 12 gauge buckshot in 10 round boxes for $12.99. It’s pretty good buckshot, it would make excellent home defense ammo.

This place has 9mm, .380, .300blk and .223 in stock. https://callawayballistics.com/

Looks like steel cased .223 prices may be breaking a bit. Prices for Wolf/Tula/MaxxTech/Red Army are now in the 50-60 cents a round price range. I don’t know how much these places charge for shipping, I try not to run much steel cased stuff through my AR. If prices on the brass don’t start down soon I may stock some of the steel cased stuff up, just for last resort.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington

Rupp's Runt

My OP orders are now August.

Is ammunition becoming more available?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Haven't checked since getting my 45 caliber in, but I received emails the other day asking if I wanted to keep the orders. I think that's the 2nd time that has occurred.

Isn’t that pushing a year after the order dates by that time?

Rupp's Runt

Looks like steel cased .223 prices may be breaking a bit. Prices for Wolf/Tula/MaxxTech/Red Army are now in the 50-60 cents a round price range. I don’t know how much these places charge for shipping, I try not to run much steel cased stuff through my AR. If prices on the brass don’t start down soon I may stock some of the steel cased stuff up, just for last resort.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington
    I don't like using the steel case ammo either, but.........it's good to have some in reserve, and if stuff ever kicks off and you have to go up against others that have better ammo, it won't be a bad thing, because once they're down you can take their stuff.
    This falls under the "if you die first we're splitting up your gear" category.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I don't like using the steel case ammo either, but.........it's good to have some in reserve, and if stuff ever kicks off and you have to go up against others that have better ammo, it won't be a bad thing, because once they're down you can take their stuff.
    This falls under the "if you die first we're splitting up your gear" category.
    My motto is it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Rupp's Runt

Isn’t that pushing a year after the order dates by that time?
    I had to go back and look. I made an order in Sept that was filled pretty quickly. These orders were in Oct/Nov. So sometime between Sept and November must be when the supply ended.

I had to go back and look. I made an order in Sept that was filled pretty quickly. These orders were in Oct/Nov. So sometime between Sept and November must be when the supply ended.
    A ten month backlog is a huge backlog. Hopefully they can start gaining and not continuing to lose ground. A local shop has 9mm FMJ for $22.99. At those prices I’m not looking to buy. I might buy a box or two to shoot at 40 cents a round, but I’m hesitant to go over that.

Rupp's Runt

They emailed me this morning basically saying "We have tried for over 6 months. Do you want to keep waiting? If so, let us know." I've not lost anything at this point, so I told them I would keep waiting.

I was in Ashland today and made a stop at the shop that did have the $22.99 9mm FMJ. Prices were better for the 9mm today. They had Remington FMJ for $19.95 and CCI brass cased FMJ for $21.99. I picked up a couple of boxes of the Remington. I’ll add it to the stash and pull out some steel cased Red Army I bought last summer for $10.99, and get some shooting time in with the Red Army. My wife ran into Rural King for a minute and she reported they didn’t have any ammo we usually use. Walmart had shotgun shells, 12 gauge and 28 gauge, but no 20 gauge to replace the box I shot yesterday. The 12 gauge shotgun ammo was overpriced field loads, so I passed on it.

It appears both prices and supplies are heading in a better consumer direction.

Looking at Ammoseek.com it looks like the steel cased .223 has now dropped to $0.40-$0.45 a round, which is about $8-$9 a box of 20. Brass cased 5.56 is $0.60-$0.65 a round, putting it in the $12-$13 a box of 20 price range. 9mm is running $0.40-$0.44 a round, which still puts it at $20 a box of 50 and up.

I’m hoping to soon see .223/5.56 locally and at those kind of prices. The 9mm locally is already at those prices at some retailers. I have hopes that by mid to late summer the 9mm will be in that $0.30 a round territory, which is the price where I feel more comfortable buying a few boxes a couple times a month.

Very good news.

Checking out AmmoSeek.com I found that some vendors now have .223 below 40 cents a round for steel cased stuff.

Rupp's Runt

Chlorine is this year's ammo if anyone cares about that lol

Got wind of it early and laid in enough to do me maybe through next year, although the drain of all the weather so far is not helping...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

IN STOCK

FEDERAL RANGE PACK 40GR HV LRN .22 LONG RIFLE AMMUNITION 800 ROUNDS | PSA

$99.99

Palmetto State Armory.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/fede...s-729b800.html
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-10-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    IN STOCK

FEDERAL RANGE PACK 40GR HV LRN .22 LONG RIFLE AMMUNITION 800 ROUNDS | PSA

$99.99

Palmetto State Armory.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/fede...s-729b800.html
    Walmart stores have been having those 333 round boxes for $23-$24, they just go fast when they get them in stock.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...g-smith-wesson

I see small improvement in prices, but still nothing like "normal".
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

I see small improvement in prices, but still nothing like "normal".
    I thought it was odd that they were getting an ammo status update from a company that doesn’t make ammo.

Prices are really falling on steel cased .223. Tula is under 37 cents a round and Wolf, MaxTech and others under 40 cents. It’s tempting to buy a couple hundred rounds of steel cased stuff at those prices. I expect brass .223 and 5.56 to settle at around 50 cents a round. 9mm is still above 40 cents a round, I chalk that up to demand from new 9mm owners.

Rupp's Runt

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I thought it was odd that they were getting an ammo status update from a company that doesn’t make ammo.

Prices are really falling on steel cased .223. Tula is under 37 cents a round and Wolf, MaxTech and others under 40 cents. It’s tempting to buy a couple hundred rounds of steel cased stuff at those prices. I expect brass .223 and 5.56 to settle at around 50 cents a round. 9mm is still above 40 cents a round, I chalk that up to demand from new 9mm owners.
    At least one online retailer has dropped Tula .223 below the 30 cents a round mark. https://www.finfeatherfur.com/tulamm...j-20-bx-50-cs/

Ammo is coming back in-stock now. https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/

Rupp's Runt

One of my OP orders is finally back in stock.

One of my OP orders is finally back in stock.
    That’s been a long time coming.

It’s been about a month since the last update. Ammo is coming back in stock with some areas having a more plentiful supply than others. Lots of YouTubers are finding ammo at Rural King for somewhat reasonable prices. I haven’t found any at the Rural King in Ashland yet.

Prices online continue to decline. 9mm seems to decline at a slower rate, but given that it is the most popular, and therefore the most sought after, caliber that makes sense. Ammoseek prices are in the 30-40 cent range for 115 grain FMJ. Steel is a bit cheaper than brass, but brass can be had for 34 cents a round.

.223 starts out around 33 cents for steel cased stuff. PMC brass rounds start around 44 cents. PMC seems to be more plentiful than a number of other brands right now. I’m seeing videos that have it as low as $7.99 a box at small shops and a few bigger stores.

5.56 is starting out as low as 46-47 cents a round. PMC X-Tac, Winchester, Armscor, and IMI seem to be the most available brands right now.

.45 is generally in the 50 cents and under price for FMJ rounds of various weights. At that price a box runs $25, not a bargain, but a little better than it was.

If you are running .38 special or .357 Mag in your favorite wheel gun prices don’t seem to have budged much. The .38 special is running 55-70 cents for the less expensive ammo, so you are looking at $30-$35 a box. The offerings for .357 Mag are kind of thin in the 60-80 cents a round range, which comes to $30-$40 a box. It looks like those rounds are being produced in low numbers in an effort to pump out more 9mm.

For the .40 S&W fans supplies still must be good for online orders as there is a lot of potential to get ammo in the 39-45 cents a round range. That puts you in the $20-$25 a box range. Last fall .40 S&W was one of the last calibers that usually gets stocked by the case to be wiped off the shelf. Other stuff left on the shelves at that point was the odd ball stuff that box stores don’t seem to get in more than a few boxes of at a time.

Among the calibers most popular for deer only .308 is plentiful, but most is FMJ. If you want hunting rounds for this fall’s deer harvest it may be a good idea to place an order soon. Prices for the least expensive stuff is running $27-$35 a box, this is the Federal PowerShok, Remington Core-Lokt type stuff. If you wait very long you could either find supplies are more plentiful or you could find the least expensive stuff gone and be in the don’t tell the wife what it cost price range.

All these prices are from Ammoseek, and are as of this moment.