Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Is ammunition becoming more available?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Ruger makes dang fine guns. Nothing too fancy, but very high quality. No doubt they will help Marlin.

As for Ammo I got a gunbroker email and clicked b/c I was curious. Can get all you want 9mm at about $0.80/round.
    I got an email yesterday from CDNN Sports and it mentioned they had case ammo including 9mm. Clicked on the link and it was on GunBroker auction, and the price with 3 hours remaining was $801, so at least $0.80 a round.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

We all have the Ruger LCP/ECP 9's. Like CBBN said, nothing fancy but they all use the same mags, and all of the working components are exactly the same. Very reasonably priced (or were when we bought them), easy to maintain and very easy to operate and shoot.

I also have a shooting practice system called iTarget. A little pricey, but.......you can get real self made scenario practice in within the confines of your own home for one of those "Oh No!" situations that I hope never happens to any of us. You use your own handun, so that helps a lot toward grip & trigger squeeze and overall manipulation of the handgun. And in theory it should help with shot placement on target.

Ruger makes dang fine guns. Nothing too fancy, but very high quality. No doubt they will help Marlin.

As for Ammo I got a gunbroker email and clicked b/c I was curious. Can get all you want 9mm at about $0.80/round.
    I’d be tempted to part with a few hundred rounds at $0.80/round.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I’d be tempted to part with a few hundred rounds at $0.80/round.
    it's not flying off the shelves at that price, but I bet at $0.70 you could move some.

I'll stand pat on my 9mm, don't have enough as it is, but I'm keeping a weather eye out.

It's in my blood to not pay retail, lol. I'll find a deal somewhere along the line. When prices come back to normal I'm going to stock up though, enough people will think I've lost it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I just purchased 1000 rounds of 9mm for $600. Pre gouging prices from a police officer. Plus another 500 rounds that I aleeady have, so I am good
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Currently trying to decide what to add my collection. I have some Bud's gift cards to spend. Either a 9mm AR style pistol, or an AK. Possibly a 9mm glock as I am giving up on ever ordering the dagger but will probably hold out hope for a while on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Currently trying to decide what to add my collection. I have some Bud's gift cards to spend. Either a 9mm AR style pistol, or an AK. Possibly a 9mm glock as I am giving up on ever ordering the dagger but will probably hold out hope for a while on that.
    Glocks are easier to source right now. AR and AK pistols are tough to locate and prices are sky high, due to the ATF’s flirtation with eliminating pistol braces.

Rupp's Runt

Glocks are easier to source right now. AR and AK pistols are tough to locate and prices are sky high, due to the ATF’s flirtation with eliminating pistol braces.
    Bud's online is out of stock on pretty much everything. I've not been in Uncle Bud's lately to see what they have in the store.

P.S. I refuse to call it Uncle Lee's....

I could maybe get my hands on a Draco AK pistol if you're interested. Probably will sell off some SKSs and full size AKs soon as well. Prices are way up but I really haven't had time to fool with it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I could maybe get my hands on a Draco AK pistol if you're interested. Probably will sell off some SKSs and full size AKs soon as well. Prices are way up but I really haven't had time to fool with it.
    AKs are pretty high right now, it is a good time if you are a seller.

A nearby local gun shop that I’ve gotten quite a bit of ammo at since spring is now up to $22.99 for a 50 round box of 115 grain FMJ 9mm. They are restricting purchase quantities to 1 box per family.

I found a bit I didn't know I had in a box, but it's not much. Like I said I'm not going to shoot more than an air rifle until this loosens up.

Rupp's Runt

I found a bit I didn't know I had in a box, but it's not much. Like I said I'm not going to shoot more than an air rifle until this loosens up.
    I sent you a PM one day. Did you get it? I think my box was full and it may not have sent.

Didn't get it. I may need to remove some from mine as well. Give me a bit and I'll delete some and then try.

A nearby local gun shop that I’ve gotten quite a bit of ammo at since spring is now up to $22.99 for a 50 round box of 115 grain FMJ 9mm. They are restricting purchase quantities to 1 box per family.
    Very reasonable under the circumstances.

Update on my OpticsPlanet orders....all 5 orders (well, 4 orders, but 5 separate purchases and possible shipments) are "expected to be shipped on 04/10/2021."

I have plenty of CO2 cartridges and .22 pellets for my Crosman 2260SE. Backyard shooting with it is all that I'm doing right now until supplies come in.

Rupp's Runt

Is ammunition becoming more available?

Darrel,

Have you shot your air rifle at 50 yards or so? How accurate is it?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Darrel,

Would not trust it beyond about 30. I've seen others claim dropping pests beyond that point, but I don't feel comfortable beyond about that. But fairly accurate to that point, with a fresh cartridge. As the cartridge goes down, you lose power and it can affect the path.

How are the Gamo air rifles powered? I’ve seen them advertised, but have no idea if they are pumped or if they use a CO2 cartridge.

How are the Gamo air rifles powered? I’ve seen them advertised, but have no idea if they are pumped or if they use a CO2 cartridge.
    Keith, I'm not very informed on them--in fact, I relied on CatintheFort (Andre) and his guidance to selecting what I did for some pest control at my house, as you may remember. His guidance, as usual, was dead on the money for me. I admit to having a fondness for liking the looks of the classic wood stock as well; just looked like something I would enjoy, and I do. I ended up getting a pretty good deal from Pyramid Air--I still receive their emails, and enjoy reading them--and they have great supplies of all types of air rifles. One day I'd love to get on of their "big bore PCP" .45 or .50 caliber ones; very serious hunting tools.

But before I bought what I did, I wandered through sporting good stores, and I remember seeing Gamo "Big Cat" or whisper quiet or something like that. IIRC--and I may not--it was a break barrel operation. I think Gamo has a good reputation for decent quality and value, and they have plenty of power for small pest control as well. That's based on my ancient memory, which could be faulty.

Btw, the Crosman 2260 (and 2260SE) were decommissioned by Crosman in 2010. Still shoots well.

This is the one without the scope.

This is the SE with the 6x32 CenterPoint scope. Not a bad scope, given that it was "included" in the package.

Darrel,

Found a review this morning that looks like I could have written it. Here's an excerpt. I echo everything this guy said:

This is a great little carbine: very accurate and light. Everyone can have fun with this rifle. It is very easy to shoot well. It is no 50 yard rifle. Keep your targets within 30 (maybe 40) yards and it is great. Also don’t expect it to go 40 yards when it is 49 degrees outside.

I will say there are plenty of knocks on the air rifle using the iron sights. They say a scope is a must. I wouldn't know; I've only ever shot it with a scope, and it's accurate there.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Found a review this morning that looks like I could have written it. Here's an excerpt. I echo everything this guy said:

This is a great little carbine: very accurate and light. Everyone can have fun with this rifle. It is very easy to shoot well. It is no 50 yard rifle. Keep your targets within 30 (maybe 40) yards and it is great. Also don’t expect it to go 40 yards when it is 49 degrees outside.

I will say there are plenty of knocks on the air rifle using the iron sights. They say a scope is a must. I wouldn't know; I've only ever shot it with a scope, and it's accurate there.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Thanks, I may need to check out an air rifle with the current prices. That range isn’t bad. My grandson’s Daisy has a range of 10-15 yards, after that the BB looks like a curve ball.

Rupp's Runt

My optics planet orders from November (I think) are saying April.

My optics planet orders from November (I think) are saying April.
    All the notifications for in stock ammo I clicked on months ago at Sportsman’s Guide resulted in emails telling me the item has been discontinued. I’m guessing that means it will be resisted at a higher price when it is available.

Rupp's Runt

I was going through a closet at the old house and found 2000 more rounds of 5.56 mm. Half is 55 grain, half is 62 grain.
    Man oh man, I am a happy guy! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I don't know why, but that actually made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    That right there, is funny...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.