Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    he didn't deny having a rocket launcher.
    "a" rocket launcher?

He probably has one behind every major appliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    "a" rocket launcher?

He probably has one behind every major appliance.
    He’s the only guy in his neighborhood with a retractable roof.

Hoping suncat is OK. he had a toothache, tried some floss and found 100 rounds of 9mm in his mouth.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, and met a guy who had some 9mm ammo, doesn't have a 9mm, and GAVE AWAY some boxes of 9mm last week. Had no idea what it was running these days. I told him 0.80/round and he about died.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Y'all making jokes while I am over here thinking how awesome it is that he didn't deny having a rocket launcher.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    You guys.........😂

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh, and met a guy who had some 9mm ammo, doesn't have a 9mm, and GAVE AWAY some boxes of 9mm last week. Had no idea what it was running these days. I told him 0.80/round and he about died.
    Guys are getting 9mm at Academy for $18.99/50 and $34.99/100. Unfortunately you can’t buy it online and the closest store to me is in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Guys are getting 9mm at Academy for $18.99/50 and $34.99/100. Unfortunately you can’t buy it online and the closest store to me is in Louisville.
    I'll take all they'll sell me at that price, but like you I can't really just drive to Louisville every day to check.

I'll take all they'll sell me at that price, but like you I can't really just drive to Louisville every day to check.
    They also have a two box limit per caliber.

Is ammunition becoming more available?

They also have a two box limit per caliber.
    I respect the heck out of them for their policies. (And I would buy way more than two two boxes if I found them locally at that price.)

I respect the heck out of them for their policies. (And I would buy way more than two two boxes if I found them locally at that price.)
    I respect it. But I can't drive to Louisville for a good deal on 100 rounds.

now, hold me 5,000 rounds or 10K and yeah, I'll be right there. Maybe even for 1,000 I make that drive, but not 100.

And that is smart for them b/c that helps them with local traffic and loyalty, and I would only go there for a deal like this on ammo.

now, hold me 5,000 rounds or 10K and yeah, I'll be right there. Maybe even for 1,000 I make that drive, but not 100.

And that is smart for them b/c that helps them with local traffic and loyalty, and I would only go there for a deal like this on ammo.
    Oh yeah. Same. I drove 20 miles (45 round-trip, actually) just before prices really jumped when local ammo was scarce, but I stocked up (for me, not for you and Suncat) a bit, and wouldn't necessarily do it for 2 boxes. Well, probably 20 miles, if I needed it. But not if I just wanted it.

Some of the YouTubers that post on this topic live in areas where Academy stores are thicker than Walmarts are in Lexington. They are hitting four or five different stores to see what they have on ammo days. The two box limit is regardless of round count. If they have 200 count range boxes you can still buy two boxes.

Academy: I have 2 near me, used to be 3. Is there a particular day of the week or time they say is better to check? In-laws also gave me a gift card there for Christmas, so it would be free ammo for me (well, the first $100).

Academy: I have 2 near me, used to be 3. Is there a particular day of the week or time they say is better to check? In-laws also gave me a gift card there for Christmas, so it would be free ammo for me (well, the first $100).
    Ammo day seems to vary by area of the country, but all stores in an area appear to receive ammo on the same days. I’d pay a visit to one of the local stores and ask a store manager or employees in the ammo section. A lot of this ammo isn’t even shelved, it is dispensed in an area near the service desk.

Ammo day seems to vary by area of the country, but all stores in an area appear to receive ammo on the same days. I’d pay a visit to one of the local stores and ask a store manager or employees in the ammo section. A lot of this ammo isn’t even shelved, it is dispensed in an area near the service desk.
    That's a great idea. I will try to do that next week.

That's a great idea. I will try to do that next week.
    I hope you have good luck. Ammo supplies seem to be increasing in spurts. I’ve even heard of people finding ammo at Rural King again. With it warming up I need to find some to shoot and maintain my stockpile, of course Suncat finds more lost ammo than I have stockpiled.

Rupp's Runt

Bought 150 rounds of 223 from a buddy today.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Palmetto has steel case 223 for 70 cents a round as of a few minutes ago.

Rupp's Runt

Just wanted to give you guys an update: I'm still unpacking boxes, but unfortunately I haven't found any more ammunition. Yet.
    MOLON LABE!

Optics Planet notified me today that a couple hundred rounds of my Winchester 45 ammo is ready to be shipped at the original price. Wanted to know if I still wanted if.

Uhh, yes.

LOL.

Just got charged on my credit card. I think it is 42 cents a round.

Rupp's Runt

Optics Planet notified me today that a couple hundred rounds of my Winchester 45 ammo is ready to be shipped at the original price. Wanted to know if I still wanted if.

Uhh, yes.

LOL.

You got my hopes up, but mine still say July.

Uhh, yes.

LOL.

42 cents a round is cheap for anything right now.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Scammers and thieves are awful.

I’ve seen where thieves were stealing several rounds out of individual boxes and people would get home with their purchases before discovering the theft. FedEx had issues at its Bloomington hub with ammo and firearm theft during the shipment process.

My 45 ammo comes in tomorrow...like Christmas.

I need to be on the lookout for some locally. I’d like to maintain what I have squirreled away, but I’d like to find some to shoot.

Was today Christmas in April?

Was today Christmas in April?
    It was!

I came home around 3 pm today and it was waiting on my doorstep.

It was!

I came home around 3 pm today and it was waiting on my doorstep.
    Was that a September order?

Actually October 10. So it wasn't my first orders.

Fingers crossed that maybe others (9mm) may be following soon. It may just have been that they had 45 in fortuitously, but I'll take it.