Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Rupp's Runt

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Their 5.56 mm is good stuff, pretty accurate, burns fairly clean. It's not readily available in all locales, you have to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    IMI is good ammo.
    Oh yes. IMI Is Israeli Military Industries. They are a top notch manufacturer. They made the US civilian UZis, they made the Desert Eagle for many years, and are a major Israeli defense contractor including the outstanding Galil rifle.

I just googled and they have been bought out and renamed, but IMI is top notch.

But I hadn't seen IMI 9mm on the market before, I'm betting distributors are scouring the planet for ammo right now to sell.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm betting distributors are scouring the planet for ammo right now to sell.
    Some of them do a lot more affective job than others.

Just checked sgammo for curiosity. They have ZERO 7.62 or 9mm in stock. They always had some, it was just really pricey. They have zero.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Just checked sgammo for curiosity. They have ZERO 7.62 or 9mm in stock. They always had some, it was just really pricey. They have zero.
    I’ve seen that a number of times since late June. I did have a slew of internet sites I checked daily, but gave that up a couple of months ago. Sportsman’s Guide has .223 Wolf in stock, prices vary from 63-90 cents a round, depending on quantity. They have some Federal they are taking preorder sales on that is scheduled for February delivery.

I can’t see supplies getting much better until late next summer, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post

I can’t see supplies getting much better until late next summer, at best.
    Same.

I'll be interested in seeing if I am delivered any of my orders from OpticsPlanet. Currently I have orders placed:

September 21: supposed to ship Friday, Nov. 13 (already bumped once from late October)
    October 10: supposed to ship December 15
    October 10: supposed to ship January 13, 2021
    October 25: supposed to ship February 3, 2021
    October 28: supposed to ship December 15

I don't need that much, but I figured that I'd place all the orders, and see what happens. If I get them, they won't go to waste. Or if they start coming in, and I want to cancel, they'll let me before the others ship.

Oh--here's a good article describing the ammunition shortage, why we're seeing it (multiple factors, some of which you don't normally see together), and when we can expect supply to catch up to demand.

Hint: not until late 2021. Some manufacturers will take until 2022.

The Great Ammo Shortage of 2020

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Same.

I'll be interested in seeing if I am delivered any of my orders from OpticsPlanet. Currently I have orders placed:

September 21: supposed to ship Friday, Nov. 13 (already bumped once from late October)

I don't need that much, but I figured that I'd place all the orders, and see what happens. If I get them, they won't go to waste. Or if they start coming in, and I want to cancel, they'll let me before the others ship.
    My first OpticsPlanet order worked out well. Came in a little later than expected. My 2nd order has been delayed for a while. But I guess I'll keep doing this. When I receive the next order, I'll go ahead and place another order and see what happens. And continue to repeat.

What I appreciate with them is that they are sticking to their guns and selling at reasonable prices. Yes, it is being delayed, and some cases by months. But they could have taken a different approach and I'm glad they didn't.

Glad that your order worked out. Fingers crossed for Friday. I do not believe I will receive it timely, but if I receive it at all in the next couple of weeks I will be content.

I’ve seen where a number of ammo manufacturers are increasing capacity. I’ve developed a decent stash of 9mm and .223/5.56 and I’m watching to see what happens with prices and supply at the moment. I haven’t even checked on ammo supplies in the area over the past month.

What I appreciate with them is that they are sticking to their guns and selling at reasonable prices. Yes, it is being delayed, and some cases by months. But they could have taken a different approach and I'm glad they didn't.
    That is what irritates me about places like Cheaper Than Dirt. They jacked up their prices to $30 for a 50 round box of 9mm FMJ late last spring, long before other places hit the $15 a box prices.

Is ammunition becoming more available?

My November 13 delivery has been bumped to December 15 now. Originally it was was scheduled to be delivered on October.

Ordered in September.

Hey, I think they're doing the best they can. I'm with Keith on these companies that jacked up the prices early. I will cut this company a lot of slack.

My November 13 delivery has been bumped to December 15 now. Originally it was was scheduled to be delivered on October.

Ordered in September.

Hey, I think they're doing the best they can. I'm with Keith on these companies that jacked up the prices early. I will cut this company a lot of slack.
    I look for deliveries to keep being pushed back. Ammo manufacturers are likely having to divvy up what they are producing among all the various vendors. One issue we haven’t broached is that raw materials are in short supply.

My updated list of anticipated deliveries:

ORDER DATE: SHIP DATE
    September 21: initially supposed to ship between October 16-25, then bumped to October 28, then bumped to Nov. 13, now bumped to December 15.

Rupp's Runt

My 223 from optics planet arrived yesterday. Ordered some more.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    My 223 from optics planet arrived yesterday. Ordered some more.

What kind of expected delivery date did they give you?

Rupp's Runt

Late Oct originally. Then changed to early Dec. Ordered in mid Sept.

Late Oct originally. Then changed to early Dec. Ordered in mid Sept.

What about the new order?

I have 4 orders beginning in September (9/21, 10/10, 10/25 and 10/28), but none shipped yet.

I did pick up two boxes (limit) of Winchester 9mm Super-X Silvertip hollow points for $0.70 a round this week from Dvor.com. Had a coupon code for free shipping. I wasnt really looking for any hollow point, but I thought it was worthwhile to pick up (just two boxes of 20 each).

Got an email that they have shipped already. Hey, I'll take what I can get.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    What about the new order?
    Oh sorry. Made two separate orders. One for 223 and one for 9mm. Both say 1-4 months. So...not real sure that is a delivery date.

Rupp's Runt

I have 4 orders beginning in September (9/21, 10/10, 10/25 and 10/28), but none shipped yet.
    Your order is a week or so behind mine so hopefully you will get something soon. OP is bad about back orders and delivery times anyway. Especially now. My buddy keeps asking why I am using them. I get his point, but to me this is easy and I'm not depending on speedy service right now. When these ship, I'll just order some more and probably keep going.

Someone needs to the ammo version of The Dollar Shave club.

Oh sorry. Made two separate orders. One for 223 and one for 9mm. Both say 1-4 months. So...not real sure that is a delivery date.
    Question. Do they charge your card now or when the order ships?

Your order is a week or so behind mine so hopefully you will get something soon. OP is bad about back orders and delivery times anyway. Especially now. My buddy keeps asking why I am using them. I get his point, but to me this is easy and I'm not depending on speedy service right now. When these ship, I'll just order some more and probably keep going.

Someone needs to the ammo version of The Dollar Shave club.
    I agree. I wasn't hurting for ammo... I bought enough local to at least give me a base - so I figured when these came, they came. Whenever.

Rupp's Runt

Question. Do they charge your card now or when the order ships?
    When it ships

When it ships

Well that's a big incentive. I'll go look, this is a lazy question, but what is 9mm running there per round?

Rupp's Runt

Well that's a big incentive. I'll go look, this is a lazy question, but what is 9mm running there per round?
    They have lots from 30-50 cents range. They have not inflated their prices as bad as some places.

That's high compared to the pre-rush numbers, but not stupid.

For what it is worth, I just received an email from UPS indicating that I am to receive a shipment from OpticsPlanet on Friday. I have not received an update from OpticsPlanet, but that's good news.

Also, I don't know what order it is. I assume it is the September 21 order, though. According to my order status on their website, it is not supposed to ship until January 13, though.

Just for what it's worth, I ordered 9 mm at $0.35 per round, $0.29 per round, $0.38 per round, and $0.35 per round. I ordered 45 caliber at $0.43 per round.

Rupp's Runt

This last time, I made two different orders. One order with 9mm. One order with 223 but with two different kinds of 223. Mostly because I wanted to see if the 223 would ship separate or if they will fill it one both are in stock.