Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Rupp's Runt

Is ammunition becoming more available?

Just placed my 2nd order on Optics Planet. They let you place back orders. This worked when I was looking for my 7.62x39 Hornady Black. I just ordered some Hornady v-max for my 223. Hopefully it comes in after a few weeks.

I have not really looked to see if they have bulk orders. But this seems to be a option. I'm trying to slowly stock up on quality hunting. I'll order some bulk ammo IF we ever return to normal.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Just placed my 2nd order on Optics Planet. They let you place back orders. This worked when I was looking for my 7.62x39 Hornady Black. I just ordered some Hornady v-max for my 223. Hopefully it comes in after a few weeks.

I have not really looked to see if they have bulk orders. But this seems to be a option. I'm trying to slowly stock up on quality hunting. I'll order some bulk ammo IF we ever return to normal.

Optics Planet is one of the few places I’ve see .223 HP rounds available.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Optics Planet is one of the few places I’ve see .223 HP rounds available.
    Nothing in stock when I placed the order. But I think it said approx 3 weeks. Nearly went with Federal soft point.

OT - I think the Palmetto group bought Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Nothing in stock when I placed the order. But I think it said approx 3 weeks. Nearly went with Federal soft point.

OT - I think the Palmetto group bought Remington.

I do not know what that means for the supply of Remington ammo, but yes they did buy them.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Prices from two local shops, well local enough, today.

One posted 9mm for $18.99/50. The other has 9mm for $16.99/50 and around $33/100. 5.56 Federal is $14.99/20.

My wife needs to head over that way tomorrow, so I may tag along and pick up up a little extra.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 09-23-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I do not know what that means for the supply of Remington ammo, but yes they did buy them.
    That’s good. The group that owns Palmetto State seems a lot more stable than the Freedom Group.

Prices from two local shops, well local enough, today.

One posted 9mm for $18.99/50. The other has 9mm for $16.99/50 and around $33/100. 5.56 Federal is $14.99/20.

My wife needs to head over that way tomorrow, so I may tag along and pick up up a little extra.
    Your local supply is better than mine. At least, the ones I know about and check on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Your local supply is better than mine. At least, the ones I know about and check on.
    When ammo is more available they were pretty good about having plenty of options. The only big box sporting goods stores in the area are Dick’s and Dunham’s. Dick’s isn’t frequented much after they insulted gun owners and Dunham’s had a small selection and limited supplies. Border’s, the shop with the better prices, is a family owned business and has competitive prices on firearms and ammo to keep plenty of business even with Rural King being only a mile away. Walmart used to get a lot of 2A traffic, but their corporate officials have made mistakes that rural people don’t forget.

I made it to the Ashland area, I made a stop at Border’s. They had quite a bit of 9mm FMJ on the shelf. I picked up a 100 round box of Winchester for $32.99 and three packages of Federal Lake City 5.56 for $14.99/20 rds. I also picked up a Magpul MOE M-LOK hand guard to replace the generic M-4 hand guard on my carbine. The new hand guard will allow me to add some goodies to the AR, like a flashlight that will enable it to be used for things that go bump on the night.

My daughter went to Ashland today, I sent for a little more ammo. I couldn’t resist after seeing how scarce it is getting in the more metro areas.

That's a good idea, Keith.

My buddy in the Florida panhandle is having just as tough a time as I am.

That's a good idea, Keith.

My buddy in the Florida panhandle is having just as tough a time as I am.
    It may take a year for supplies to catch up with demand.

Rupp's Runt

It may take a year for supplies to catch up with demand.
    Or maybe even longer. My goodness, I know we all hope that will not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Or maybe even longer. My goodness, I know we all hope that will not be the case.
    The recovery speed will be dependent on the election. If Biden wins standard capacity mags, ammo and semiautomatic weapons will grow in demand.

Vista Outdoors, owners of Federal Premium Ammunition, CCI, Blazer, Speer, American Eagle, etc., is the high bid for Remington’s ammo division in the Remington bankruptcy.

This looks like good news on the ammo front, as it points to the Remington ammo factories likely returning to full capacity once the deal can be finalized.

Just finished placing more orders for 9 mm and 45 ACP with Opticsplanet. They are both on backorder. The 9 mm is an estimated 3-5 months for shipping. Fortunately, I placed a larger order a few weeks ago and the estimated delivery on it is the end of this month.

The 45 ACP is a 1-3 month delay backorder. At this point, I'm just thinking about placing orders randomly and getting them in when they can. I can probably go to my go-two store in Bessemer and get some, but it will be significantly more, although not price-gouging rates, in my opinion. It might fit the definition, but they're not doing anything like doubling the price. I'm okay for now, so seeding this by placing these kind of order seems to be a good fit for me. At least, if they eventually fill these orders.

Buddy of mine ordered 9mm from the same place last night, with a quicker delivery date. Slightly more per round but worth it if you needed it sooner. I didn't, so I am good with saving some pennies.

A pawn shop in Morehead got a shipment of 9mm in, they are pricing it at $29 a box. It is brass Blazer FMJ. I bought the exact same stuff for $16.99 two weeks ago at Borders in Ashland. I’m going to be on Ashland on Tuesday, and will check out Borders prices then. If they still have it at $16.99 I may grab another box.

Probably a good idea. Lucky if you can still get it at that price. There might be somewhere around here where I can, but I don't know where it is if I can. I haven't gone all over, but I've hit half a dozen places, which I think is a good sample.

Probably a good idea. Lucky if you can still get it at that price. There might be somewhere around here where I can, but I don't know where it is if I can. I haven't gone all over, but I've hit half a dozen places, which I think is a good sample.
    Some of the backorder dates on .223 and 5.56 on Sportsman’s Guide are March 2021. That means everything being produced by some of the vendors between now and March is already sold. They have one brand of 9mm available for backorder, with the expected delivery date in late January.

I was in Ashland today, While the wife was in Walmart I saw a FB post from Stevens Guns about a mile for ammo at good prices.

Fiocchi 9mm at $15.95/50 and Federal 5.56 at $11.95/20. I walked away with 100 rounds of 9mm and 200 of 5.56.

They also had .45acp for $19.95/50 and .40 for $18.95/50. Not sure about the .40, but the .45 is pretty close to prepandemic pricing.

Almost worth the drive. Good pricing.

It will be interesting to see if I get my Planetoptics ammo. Currently showing my first order to be shipped Oct. 28, 2nd order on December 15, and 3rd order on January 13. We'll see.

Rupp's Runt

My OpticsPlanet order just got delayed until December. Which is fine, I'm willing to wait on it. If it works out, I might do it again.

Almost worth the drive. Good pricing.

It will be interesting to see if I get my Planetoptics ammo. Currently showing my first order to be shipped Oct. 28, 2nd order on December 15, and 3rd order on January 13. We'll see.
    I was encouraged by the price drop. This is the same shop that had 5.56/.223 at about $20 a box about a month ago, and 9mm at about $19. They still have some of the more expensive ammo on the shelves, which indicates to me sales must be slowing. I’m also seeing firearms becoming more available, based on some of the shops’ FB pages.

Just checked Sgamm.com. They have 9mm for almost $0.80/round, and it's from IMI (israel). i've never seen IMI ammo before, I think US companies are scouring the planet for ammo at this point.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Just checked Sgamm.com. They have 9mm for almost $0.80/round, and it's from IMI (israel). i've never seen IMI ammo before, I think US companies are scouring the planet for ammo at this point.
    Those are worse than Cheaper than Dirt’s prices. I could make money now selling at $0.80 a round for the price I have seen locally. The two boxes I bought locally for $0.32/round are a bargain in comparison.

Those are worse than Cheaper than Dirt’s prices. I could make money now selling at $0.80 a round for the price I have seen locally. The two boxes I bought locally for $0.32/round are a bargain in comparison.
    That price may be fair depending on what they had to pay to acquire it, b/c I didn't even know IMI sold ammo in the US. But yeah, that's a stupid high price.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That price may be fair depending on what they had to pay to acquire it, b/c I didn't even know IMI sold ammo in the US. But yeah, that's a stupid high price.
    I think it was SGAMMO that had IMI 5.56 back in the summer, it is supposed to be quality ammo from a company that made it for the Israeli military. Bypass Pawn in Morehead was selling 9mm Blazer brass for $30 a box, now they are selling some brand named Civil Liberty Defense for $29 a box For 9mm, .380 and .40. They have 10mm and 300 blackout for $39.

The biggest key to buying ammo is to have someone selling it.

Cabelas in Lexington is showing Federal 5.56 in stock. SKU is 1937125. $10.99 a box.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/fede...ire-rifle-ammo

Rupp's Runt

IMI is good ammo.