Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Is ammunition becoming more available?

I was able to score 300 rounds of 9mm for less than 30 cents a round yesterday. It took two stops to get that much, due to purchase limits, but it is the most 9mm I have been able to get in a day since the shortage began.

The first week of the closures I bought two boxes of Tula 5.56 for $3.99/20 round box. I would have gotten more if I knew then what I know now.

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

I do all my shopping through sgammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I do all my shopping through sgammo.com
    Right now they don’t have any 9mm or 5.56/.223 in stock.

Hope so.

I have a hidden gem, nice source for ammunition when a lot of places don't have it, but even they are not unlimited, and certainly not immune to price increases from their suppliers, either.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I was able to score 300 rounds of 9mm for less than 30 cents a round yesterday. It took two stops to get that much, due to purchase limits, but it is the most 9mm I have been able to get in a day since the shortage began.

The first week of the closures I bought two boxes of Tula 5.56 for $3.99/20 round box. I would have gotten more if I knew then what I know now.
    I picked up 250 rounds last week at ammunitiondepot.com for 30 cents per round (wolf). Are sold out now,
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I picked up 250 rounds last week at ammunitiondepot.com for 30 cents per round (wolf). Are sold out now,
    That’s not a bad price for the current market. Back in April when I bought my Glock I bought 250 rounds of brass Blazer for $52, which is just a penny or so above the 20 cents a round mark. Since then the cheapest I have found was $10.99/50 of some brand called Red Army. I’ve bought some at $12.99 and $13.99 when I find it at those prices because some places are asking and getting $20 or $30 for 50 round boxes of FMJ.

I walked in a shop yesterday that was newly reopened, the guy had a 1000 round case of Armscor 9mm FMJ in boxes of 50 sitting on the counter. He told me he wasn’t selling it locally, because he is getting $30 a box on Gunbroker.com for it.

Rupp's Runt

Just read an article 2 days ago that said it was not. But I hope it is.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Right now they don’t have any 9mm or 5.56/.223 in stock.
    Not sure what you are seeing. But limit 2 at $.28 a round

Lender Logo NMLS #399802 30 Year Fixed 3.005% APR 2.875% at 0.789 point Monthly Payment $714/mo $2,902 fees

If willing to go laquered:

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...e-wolf-ammo-ma

Not sure what you are seeing. But limit 2 at $.28 a round

Lender Logo NMLS #399802 30 Year Fixed 3.005% APR 2.875% at 0.789 point Monthly Payment $714/mo $2,902 fees

If willing to go laquered:

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...e-wolf-ammo-ma
    It shows it isn’t in stock, has a notify button for notification when it is back in stock.

B96405A6-FDEF-42CE-89E9-8BFFF41E45EF.jpg

Rupp's Runt

It shows it isn’t in stock, has a notify button for notification when it is back in stock.
    I've been able to find some of the Hornady Black in 7.62 I wanted by clicking "notify when back in stock". It goes quick, but it is a good way to find it. I just did that on several websites and have been to catch it 3 different times.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I've been able to find some of the Hornady Black in 7.62 I wanted by clicking "notify when back in stock". It goes quick, but it is a good way to find it. I just did that on several websites and have been to catch it 3 different times.
    I’ve clicked that on a few websites, but may need to step up my game.

That’s not a bad price for the current market. Back in April when I bought my Glock I bought 250 rounds of brass Blazer for $52, which is just a penny or so above the 20 cents a round mark. Since then the cheapest I have found was $10.99/50 of some brand called Red Army. I’ve bought some at $12.99 and $13.99 when I find it at those prices because some places are asking and getting $20 or $30 for 50 round boxes of FMJ.

I walked in a shop yesterday that was newly reopened, the guy had a 1000 round case of Armscor 9mm FMJ in boxes of 50 sitting on the counter. He told me he wasn’t selling it locally, because he is getting $30 a box on Gunbroker.com for it.
    I just noticed $30 a box and somehow my brain registered it as 100 rounds, and I was wondering what the big deal was. Box of 50 - now I see why he wasn't selling them locally. Yikes.

Rupp's Runt

Okay, JMHO, but everyone's emphasis should be focused on obtaining 1) rifle caliber ammunition first & foremost, because you will want to keep the bad guys at bay and not allow them in close proximity to you and yours, because 2) a rifle and/or a shotgun are much, much better defensive weapons than almost any handgun, and 3) if you find yourself in a situation where you have to resort to a handgun as your primary defensive weapon, it means that you are out of or low on rifle/shotgun ammo AND that the bad guys are now practically on top of you and you are fighting for your life in a desperate situation. JMHO.

Rupp's Runt

Something else most people don't think about but that extremely important as well; invest in plenty of magazines for your rifle(s), because when it all finally goes south on you, the need to keep that rifle fed with ammo will keep you in the fight.

Rupp's Runt

You can NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BULLETS AND MAGAZINES! .

A buddy of mine bought a Mossberg 590 about a year ago for $300. It's selling for $599 today.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Something else most people don't think about but that extremely important as well; invest in plenty of magazines for your rifle(s), because when it all finally goes south on you, the need to keep that rifle fed with ammo will keep you in the fight.
    I don't have much yet...But I've not been stocking up very long. But this is why I focus on 3 rounds and 3 types of Magazines. I'm getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    You can NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BULLETS AND MAGAZINES! .
    I’ve got four mags for my AR, I may get another one or two to have on hand. I need more 5.56, I’m getting a decent stockpile of 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    A buddy of mine bought a Mossberg 590 about a year ago for $300. It's selling for $599 today.
    I’ve not been able to even locate a 590. I do have an 870 Remington with the 28 inch barrel.

I’ve not been able to even locate a 590. I do have an 870 Remington with the 28 inch barrel.
    It's in stock locally, but I misspoke. It's selling for $699!

Birmingham Pistol and Wholesale. I've been there once, but I drove past there last week and thought about stopping in. Just didn't have the time to do so. It's not convenient for me usually, but how was out there on a rare errand. Supposedly they have the best prices in town, but I've never really compared.

It's in stock locally, but I misspoke. It's selling for $699!

Birmingham Pistol and Wholesale. I've been there once, but I drove past there last week and thought about stopping in. Just didn't have the time to do so. It's not convenient for me usually, but how was out there on a rare errand. Supposedly they have the best prices in town, but I've never really compared.
    Supply and demand economics has really raised retail prices with supplies being really low. The first week after they canceled school in the spring I was in Rural King and bought a couple of boxes of cheap Tula .223 for $3.99 for a 20 round box. I hadn’t used it in the rifle before, so I just bought two boxes. I’ve seen online prices at $8.99 and up for the same ammo, but they are all showing out of stock.

I’ve got four mags for my AR, I may get another one or two to have on hand. I need more 5.56, I’m getting a decent stockpile of 9mm.
    Same here. 4 mags for my .223. 4 clips for my 9mm.

I really need a shotgun. Period.

Same here. 4 mags for my .223. 4 clips for my 9mm.

I really need a shotgun. Period.
    I’m finding pump actions and automatics are in short supply in my area.

I’m finding pump actions and automatics are in short supply in my area.
    Same here unfortuneately.

BTW, anyone have a good AR-15 Speed loader they would reccomend?

Found a speed loader I like and comes pretty highly recommended:

https://podavach.store/products/ar15-ak-u-loader

Found a speed loader I like and comes pretty highly recommended:

https://podavach.store/products/ar15-ak-u-loader
    This one is quite similar, but cheaper to buy. https://rrsspeedloaders.com/products...3-300-blackout

Here it is in action, along with a few others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIs3dv7J25o

The ETS loaders are very quick to use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idP73IuIrVI

Anybody have a guess on when ammunition will be replenished in the stores? I mean, at reasonable prices?

I'm not desperate for ammunition, but next time that it floats back down to regular price and no restrictions, I will do a better job of getting more than I need. If there is such a thing.

Anybody have a guess on when ammunition will be replenished in the stores? I mean, at reasonable prices?

I'm not desperate for ammunition, but next time that it floats back down to regular price and no restrictions, I will do a better job of getting more than I need. If there is such a thing.
    On the Sportsman’s Guide website one of those I looked at that is on backorder is expected to be restocked on October 20, another November 4th. A lot of YouTube gun guys who have opined expect shortages to last well into 2021, and perhaps longer depending on how the election goes in November.

I was hoping for better news than that. I will need to get more, likely before the supply is fully replenished.

I was hoping for better news than that. I will need to get more, likely before the supply is fully replenished.
    I’ve been adding boxes here and there as I find ammo that is relatively reasonable. Usually there are limits to how much can be purchased at once, so that creates another obstacle. If I find 9mm at 30 cents a round I’ll buy a couple of boxes. One shop I usually check out did have a 100 round limit on 9mm, now has a 1 box limit. I’ve gotten ammo there at $10.99 for Red Army, $12.99 for PMC Bronze, $13.99 for CCi Blazer and Federal. When I find it now with the 1 box limit I’ll send my wife in for a second box. I did pay up for a box of self defense reloads at $19/50. I thought that was a fair deal though as self defense ammo was over a buck a round in 20 round boxes before the shortage.

I’ve not done nearly as well locating ammo for my rifle. I’ve only stashed away five 20 round boxes since March, well, technically I’ve stashed away four boxes as I ran through a box of the Tula I bought for $3.99 to see how my AR liked it. I’d buy a 1000 rounds right now of the Tula at that price if I could. I have managed to get a couple of boxes of American Eagle at $8.99, which isn’t too much higher than pre pandemic pricing. I did over pay getting a box of $11.99 American Eagle at the small shop that was selling the 9mm Armscor for $30 on Gunbroker. Other gun shops I go to usually have a number of customers at any one time, that shop just had the owner in there and not another person in sight. I kind of felt sorry for the guy, he didn’t look like he was in very good health.