Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ammunition becoming more available?

Re: Is ammunition becoming more available?

On one of my orders (Oct. 10 order), I ordered 9mm and .45 ACP in the same order. But OpticsPlanet has indicated two different shipping dates for them. So even though I didn't place two separate orders, they are shipping them that way anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Also, I don't know what order it is. I assume it is the September 21 order, though. According to my order status on their website, it is not supposed to ship until January 13, though.

Just for what it's worth, I ordered 9 mm at $0.35 per round, $0.29 per round, $0.38 per round, and $0.35 per round. I ordered 45 caliber at $0.43 per round.
    Those aren’t bad prices for either caliber given the shortages and prices elsewhere.

Well, I'm a little disappointed. I did receive an order from OpticsPlanet today, but it was not one of the five orders I had previously placed directly with them. Apparently an order I placed with DVOR was actually a middleman of sorts for OpticsPlanet. So I received two boxes of Winchester Silvertip 9 mm 115 grain hollow point defense rounds. Happy to have them, but that's not really what I was looking for with this shipment.

I received an email from Sportsman’s Guide telling me they had American Eagle .223 available. By the time I saw the email it was gone. Price for 50 grain jacketed hollow point loads was $74.99 for 100 rounds or $19.99 for 20 rounds.

All five of my orders at OpticsPlanet are now listed as expected to be shipped on 3/18/2021. I don't expect them then, either.

All five of my orders at OpticsPlanet are now listed as expected to be shipped on 3/18/2021. I don't expect them then, either.
    No need to get your hopes up. I haven’t been in any of the local shops in a while, but if anything supplies are even tighter based on what I’ve been hearing.

Is ammunition becoming more available?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    No need to get your hopes up. I haven’t been in any of the local shops in a while, but if anything supplies are even tighter based on what I’ve been hearing.
    I'm disappointed, but not surprised. They aren't a critical need, but I have been avoiding going to practice, and I need to do so.

Sigh.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. They aren't a critical need, but I have been avoiding going to practice, and I need to do so.

Sigh.
    I’m with you in that boat. I’m okay with some of the reserves I’ve built up, but don’t feel good enough about what I have on hand to use it without knowing if it can be replaced.

On a more positive note firearm supplies seem to be getting better.

I'm not going to use up rocks in my slingshot until this is over.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm not going to use up rocks in my slingshot until this is over.
    You might need the rocks to maintain your safety.

Rupp's Runt

You might need the rocks to maintain your safety.
    Marbles or ball bearings work much better, but when you're down to using rocks, that'll work.

Rupp's Runt

2 of mine say 3/18. 1 says 2/5.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    2 of mine say 3/18. 1 says 2/5.

Fingers crossed for you on the February shipment.

I’m with you in that boat. I’m okay with some of the reserves I’ve built up, but don’t feel good enough about what I have on hand to use it without knowing if it can be replaced.

On a more positive note firearm supplies seem to be getting better.
    Exactly. If and when I received my first shipment, I will head to get some practice shooting in in the same amount.

Exactly. If and when I received my first shipment, I will head to get some practice shooting in in the same amount.
    I keep waiting for the ammo rush to subside a bit to get a few boxes for practice, but supplies seem to be harder to find.

Rupp's Runt

A message from Remington CEO
    https://youtu.be/KIgvoJKovIg

Oh, I think we'll catch up eventually. It's just taking a lot longer than most of us wanna wait.

I received an email from PyramidAir today telling me to "save my ammo" and practice with their replicas. I tell you, it's tempting, even though it's not the same thing.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-re...eral+Promotion

Would be a lot cheaper to buy one of these and begin practicing with their ammo than running a few hundred rounds through my handguns.

No Walther Creeds or Glock 36's for me, though...they did have the Walther CP99 Compact that looks like it would be fun to shoot, 18 shot BB magazine, and dirt cheap at $80...

Rupp's Runt

I will add a decent air gun eventually

Rupp's Runt

My buddy picked me up 3 boxes of 223 Red Army Standard for $.20 per round.

Now I won't feel bad about shooting my pumpkins.

I will add a decent air gun eventually

I have a Crosman 2260 SE CO2 air rifle with a 6X32 scope and rings. It is very effective against small pests. It is single shot, however. I might toy around and get one of those pistols just for fun.

My buddy picked me up 3 boxes of 223 Red Army Standard for $.20 per round.

Now I won't feel bad about shooting my pumpkins.

That’s a great price!

Rupp's Runt

That’s a great price!
    I'd bought more if I had been there. But hated to ask him to spend much.

I'd bought more if I had been there. But hated to ask him to spend much.

$4 per box of 20 is cheaper than I paid for Tula a few years ago, when there was no ammo buying spree.

In the last week or so the CEO of Federal Premium/CCI/Speer/Remington Ammo and the CEO of Hornady have both released videos about how they are running full bore on ammo production, and it is flying off the shelves as fast as they can ship it. Due to the record high demands they haven’t been ably to add supplies to warehouse inventories at all.

All I can report are Empty shelves and sporting goods store takeovers. And not a Marlin lever action .357 in the state for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    All I can report are Empty shelves and sporting goods store takeovers. And not a Marlin lever action .357 in the state for sale.
    I don’t know where Marlin is at in production at this point. Ruger bought them in the Remington firesale and I don’t know the status of the sale. I’m sure under Ruger the quality will get better than it was under Remington.

Henry rifles seem to be available in these parts.

Ugh...I just bought 1,000 rounds for $600. Good enuf deal that I took all 1000 rds
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I don’t know where Marlin is at in production at this point. Ruger bought them in the Remington firesale and I don’t know the status of the sale. I’m sure under Ruger the quality will get better than it was under Remington.

Henry rifles seem to be available in these parts.
    Yep, lookin fir the steel Henry equivalent or willing
    To wait till I find it. Agree that Ruger buying Marlin from Remington will do the Marlin line nothing but good

Ruger makes dang fine guns. Nothing too fancy, but very high quality. No doubt they will help Marlin.

As for Ammo I got a gunbroker email and clicked b/c I was curious. Can get all you want 9mm at about $0.80/round.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.