Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: NCAA just opened Pandora"s box

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I like Hispanics, too.

Jesus Saves Aka hey-sues swavez
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

NCAA just opened Pandora"s box

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I was doing fine with you until I read this. Blasphemy, man blasphemy
    Marianne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Comeback Cat

The reason I said Pandora’s box has been opened has been vividly displayed by the comments in this thread. Sports can unite folks from all walks of life but now it will be politicized with this action. Stu I am sorry for your experiences. There are some terrible news stories of some brutal murders recently perpetrated against whites by blacks so I am sure they have a view towards them similar to yours towards cops. But a individual bad experience does not have universal application. I wish all on this Board peace and hope we get through these perilous times in our Nation

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Marianne

Absolutely. Wholesome as fresh milk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

And this is why you guys never scored in high school..it's Mary Ann Summers

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Writing to her never crossed my mind.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

LOL...

Without Googling, you know the Skippers name, the Professors manr and Gilligans full name?

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Would players be allowed to wear a Confederate flag; an image of Stalin; Trump's picture, etc?

Darryl
    How about?

...to who?

Great, the ole Ginger/“Mary Ann” quandary got the thread kicked off the sports board.

+1 as has been noted by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    This web site has officially been ruined. Sad. Been with this bunch for close to 20
    Years. I’ve given up broadcast news, twitter, much of Facebook, and I guess now this.

This is no longer entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    LOL...

Without Googling, you know the Skippers name, the Professors manr and Gilligans full name?
    Honesltly, I don't know any except Thurston and 'Lovey

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    This web site has officially been ruined. Sad. Been with this bunch for close to 20
    Years. I’ve given up broadcast news, twitter, much of Facebook, and I guess now this.

This is no longer entertainment.
    It's a symptom of our times. Just an observation, but there is in fact no entertainment anywhere. Can't go watch the game, there are likely to be few if any games, it's not a happy time.

Further, sports are now intermingled in politics at a level never before seen. How we untangle politics from sports to keep the board entertaining and politics free is becoming really difficult.

Hang in there. We're trying to undo the knot, but it's not easy. I for one am committed to keeping this board free of the politics of the day, and everyone else agrees. We may have to start moderating more severely, but when UK and Cal and the NCAA and every pro team are knee deep in political issues it's hard to draw the line.

At first we moved every thread that touched on it to the Barber Shop, but for a while frankly that was all the news there was in sports.

But if you guys don't post, then we have even more of a problem. So I say post on sports, etc., and that helps to then make it easy to move the politics somewhere else.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's a symptom of our times. Just an observation, but there is in fact no entertainment anywhere. Can't go watch the game, there are likely to be few if any games, it's not a happy time.

Further, sports are now intermingled in politics at a level never before seen. How we untangle politics from sports to keep the board entertaining and politics free is becoming really difficult.

Hang in there. We're trying to undo the knot, but it's not easy. I for one am committed to keeping this board free of the politics of the day, and everyone else agrees. We may have to start moderating more severely, but when UK and Cal and the NCAA and every pro team are knee deep in political issues it's hard to draw the line.

At first we moved every thread that touched on it to the Barber Shop, but for a while frankly that was all the news there was in sports.

But if you guys don't post, then we have even more of a problem. So I say post on sports, etc., and that helps to then make it easy to move the politics somewhere else.
    Chuck, I have always considered you to be a very fair person. My question is, why was the post about Cal and Stoop’s supporting BLM allowed to stay on the sports forum but anything criticizing them automatically gets moved here?

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Chuck, I have always considered you to be a very fair person. My question is, why was the post about Cal and Stoop’s supporting BLM allowed to stay on the sports forum but anything criticizing them automatically gets moved here?

Darryl
    And if anyone has a clear answer on how to draw these lines I'm open to suggestions. We don't have some guideline on this one at all, it's totally gray, mostly charcoal, trying to figure out if it's sports or politics, as honestly it's all both right now.

I don't disagree with you at all, but I don't know what to do. If Cal makes an announcement about any topic, do we decide it's too political and we can't discuss it? If we allow it then yes how do we then not let people voice opinions that don't agree, like with any other topic?

But we all agree that eventually that thread will be mostly politics and very little traditional sports and that we're all coming here by and large to escape into sports from all the dreary of the day.

I've asked for discussion of this by the mods so we can try to be consistent, we want to be consistent and fair, but I really don't have a clear answer, and I'm not sure there is one.

we're living in depressing, dangerous times, and the board reflects that like it is reflected everywhere else. We can try to limit that some, to provide that escape, but it's not going to be easy.

I'll post here as things unfold, and I'm very serious I'm open to suggestions and comments about what to do. In the end we all want our happy community, so we're on the same side, but we have to probably all find a way to mutually maintain that in the face of tremendous pressures going on around us.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

FWIW my only idea at this point is that we all, me included, when we come to that fork in the road as we respond and we are faced with the more or the less politically charged answer, choose the less charged road for a while. Simply so we can try to strengthen our personal connections so that we may survive the political divides.

Not much of an answer, but I do think we all face those forks in the road as we post, and that may help. And I say that knowing some may fork more or less than others, and we may need to help with that as moderators to try to maintain consistency.

If we've failed, maybe that's where.

Honesltly, I don't know any except Thurston and 'Lovey
    Jonus Gumby, Roy Hinkley and Willy Gilligan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I like Hispanics, too.

I see what you did there
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

Marianne

Is it Marianne or Mary Anne? Or Mary Ann? I always assumed the latter.

Still, it's not an easy choice!

What about this one - which of the daughters on Petticoat Junction?

Fab Five

Great, the ole Ginger/“Mary Ann” quandary got the thread kicked off the sports board.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Simple, because those that are supplying the thing that we all love are not robots and have a right to express their opinions as much as anyone else. Not to mention that more than not, the suppliers are the victims of the disenfranchisement.

If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to watch.

Their personal opinions and political positions should end on a corporate uniform.

And if by small fraction you mean 40% viewership then we will see (A&E viewership down 40% since their actions on the Police show).

Marianne

Is a threesome out of the question? Marianne, Ginger, and ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    And if anyone has a clear answer on how to draw these lines I'm open to suggestions. We don't have some guideline on this one at all, it's totally gray, mostly charcoal, trying to figure out if it's sports or politics, as honestly it's all both right now.

I don't disagree with you at all, but I don't know what to do. If Cal makes an announcement about any topic, do we decide it's too political and we can't discuss it? If we allow it then yes how do we then not let people voice opinions that don't agree, like with any other topic?

But we all agree that eventually that thread will be mostly politics and very little traditional sports and that we're all coming here by and large to escape into sports from all the dreary of the day.

I've asked for discussion of this by the mods so we can try to be consistent, we want to be consistent and fair, but I really don't have a clear answer, and I'm not sure there is one.

we're living in depressing, dangerous times, and the board reflects that like it is reflected everywhere else. We can try to limit that some, to provide that escape, but it's not going to be easy.

I'll post here as things unfold, and I'm very serious I'm open to suggestions and comments about what to do. In the end we all want our happy community, so we're on the same side, but we have to probably all find a way to mutually maintain that in the face of tremendous pressures going on around us.

Whether we like it or not (I am an "or not"), the leaders of our sporting world, professional and amateur, have chosed to make their platform not only about sports entertainment but also a political and societal statement. now that they have done that, and until they stop, you will not be able to truly police unless you say all forms of comments on either side have to be removed to the poltiical BOD. the fact taht our Schools admin supports BLM is irreleevant because BLM is a political statement and 100% funds to and from the Democratic party of this country.

If I may, the present quandary is this.
    This site is a pro UK site in support of the university, its athletic department and the student athletes. And has always maintained an amiable relationship with the athletic department.
    For example, it was generally unfair to not allow rival fans to join and argue against the UK program, but we always chose to side with our fans (right or wrong) in support of UK athletics.

And nothing that might be used against UK in recruiting, or otherwise paint the fanbase or student athlete in a bad light, fair or not..was allowed.
    The only caveat was when it pertained to criticism of a particular performance on the field or court, style of play, etc... And even then we seek to not overtly offend the student athlete.
    That must apply across the board or we risk becoming less and less a pro UK athletics site, and more a political blog and/or a detriment to UK athletics. So it's not a matter of seeking to devalue anyone's opinion, it is a matter of expediency.

That's the fine line we are going to need to walk when expressing our opinions relative to the current socio-political climate. Within reason, there is the Barber Shop forum available to vent. But we must clean up the intense rhetoric on the premium board, even though it admittedly, often bleeds over to what can be considered sports discussion.

And as an entity, ask ourselves this, is the premium forum a place that pretty much any fan of UK can participate in and not be offended?

That should be the goal and if we can come close to it we are good.
    But imagine how hard that is currently. We are not a site that has needed much moderation to this point. And so, to take moderator action, even though no personal offense is intended, is frowned upon. When in fact it was always a tool, and responsibility in building the internet home we now enjoy.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-31-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Is a threesome out of the question? Marianne, Ginger, and ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have you seen them lately??

Ginger has passed up Lovey.
    Last edited by blueboss; 07-31-2020 at 07:27 PM.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Mary Ann

Well....she is 86 after all....
    Have you seen them lately??

Ginger has passed up Lovey.

They still are two lovely ladies

They still are two lovely ladies
    Indeed, however, probably not up to the aforementioned threesome.

Indeed, however, probably not up to the aforementioned threesome.

Older folks will surprise you sometimes. We just forget it ever happened so darn quick.

(Forgive me)