Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Bill Gates: Schools should re-open

Bill Gates: Schools should re-open

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...spite-covid-19

Hard to get a less pro-Trump guy than Gates, so I think we can exclude politics from this one. And as head of the Gates Foundation he's probably more tied to the real research going on than about anyone not at NIH and CDC or a pharma company, and he's not tied to just the medical side so he sees the bigger picture.

There are real costs to lockdowns and shutdowns etc. Sure it slows the spread of the virus, but it also leads to more cases of abuse, unreported and untreated medical problems, mental anguish and illness, suicide, etc.

These kids didn't learn a dang thing the last part of this past year, and I seriously doubt they will this entire school year. It's not like we're so far ahead in education that we can take a victory lap.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Bill Gates: Schools should re-open

IMHO whether schools reopen has more to do with the strength of the teachers unions.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    IMHO whether schools reopen has more to do with the strength of the teachers unions.
    As a teacher those teachers balking at returning to school make our profession look bad. A lot of low wage earners have worked throughout the pandemic at the big box stores where they have come into contact with hundreds, if not thousands, of people each day. Balking at spending a day with a small handful of students who have extremely low transmission rates make them look like elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    As a teacher those teachers balking at returning to school make our profession look bad. A lot of low wage earners have worked throughout the pandemic at the big box stores where they have come into contact with hundreds, if not thousands, of people each day. Balking at spending a day with a small handful of students who have extremely low transmission rates make them look like elitists.

it is about exerting control over the election. Not real fear. From what I understand, there is not one case worldwide of a student passing the virus to a teacher.

Comeback Cat

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    it is about exerting control over the election. Not real fear. From what I understand, there is not one case worldwide of a student passing the virus to a teacher.
    +1,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    no more than using this pandemic as a platform to promote Universal health care (including for illegals), defunding the police, wealth taxes and banning charter schools.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I suspect control of the election is why big tech fights against hydroxychloroquine so hard, given there are an abundant number of studies that have said it is effective if used early when people first become symptomatic.