Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picky Eater Test

Picky Eater Test

One point for every food you will not eat.

Post your number. 1596026471.jpg

Re: Picky Eater Test

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Escargot & Tofu, but I have eaten tofu in the past to keep from hurting a great nieces feelings...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Picky Eater Test

6, but two of them I'm allergic to, or I would eat them.

ALLERGIC TO: Crab, Shrimp
    HAVE EATEN, WON'T EAT AGAIN: Snails (probably--they were ok), Raw fish (just not a sushi guy), Coconut (like the flavor, hate the texture), Grapefruit (yech)

Really, everything else in the list varies from "ok" to "I really like it." Even Liver and Tofu.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-29-2020 at 10:10 AM.

1--watermelon, believe it or not. It's the thing most people love that I won't eat. It's always tasted weird to me--all other melons, too.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Snails

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    ok, I've gotta ask....

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1. Liver. Do not like liver.

Otherwise most of those things I eat regularly. Arguably 1/2 for cucumbers as I don't care for them like on a salad, etc. I can eat them, just dont' care for them except in things like yogurt sauces, in which they are essential. Also some bars will use cucumber in place of proper ingredients in things like a Moscow mule, which annoys me b/c I'm a drink traditionalist.

I eat all the others regularly. Sushi, etc. Escargot is actually really good IMO, but has to be cooked just right. Like calimari you're on a fine line between really good and pencil erasers.

Oh, and I will generally avoid those crappy store bought un-ripe tomato substitutes. But I adore a properly ripened, preferably heirloom, tomato.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 07-29-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Picky Eater Test

Liver, peas, beets, and carrots are about the only four things I would refuse to eat, however I’ll eat peas hidden in stuff like salads or pot pies... I usually schooch carrots off to the side if they’re hidden in dishes.

I don’t see any sense in eating tofu, but I would eat it if it was hidden in something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

7 for me
    No
    Beets
    Liver
    Snails
    Eggplant
    Tofu
    Avocado
    Yogurt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    6, but two of them I'm allergic to, or I would eat them.

ALLERGIC TO: Crab, Shrimp
    HAVE EATEN, WON'T EAT AGAIN: Snails (probably--they were ok), Raw fish (just not a sushi guy), Coconut (like the flavor, hate the texture), Grapefruit (yech)

Really, everything else in the list varies from "ok" to "I really like it." Even Liver and Tofu.
    I'm not going to crave grapefruit for a breakfast or anything, but it's OK. There are some foods on that list that aren't my favorites, but liver is the only one I just would not want to eat under any circumstances. I could choke it down, but I wouldn't like it.

Everything else is fine, and most are regulars in my diet, the vast majority in fact.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    1--watermelon, believe it or not. It's the thing most people love that I won't eat. It's always tasted weird to me--all other melons, too.
    Maybe you were the victim of a vicious seed spitting attack as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm not going to crave grapefruit for a breakfast or anything, but it's OK. There are some foods on that list that aren't my favorites, but liver is the only one I just would not want to eat under any circumstances. I could choke it down, but I wouldn't like it.

Everything else is fine, and most are regulars in my diet, the vast majority in fact.
    I made an exception for chicken liver that my Mom used to make. Haven't had it in 25 years, I guess, maybe more. Fried chicken livers really is cheating, though. Otherwise, it's a hard "pass" for me, too.

I can't even do chicken livers, even in bacon. My mom really tried to get me to like them, but I just don't.

Honestly I'm surprised, b/c I have few things I just can't eat. Another one is sea urchin, and similar very similar sushi type things. Very slimy, just can't take the texture. I can do most mainstream sushi great and like it, tuna, salmon, etc., but some of the more extreme stuff like the urchin I just can't do.

Not real fond of sweetmeats either, but I had them growing up. Of course like you and chicken livers, if you fry it enough you can eat almost anything. Sometimes it pays to be in the South.

Liver and Beets...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Maybe you were the victim of a vicious seed spitting attack as a child.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

2 - Tofu and coconut. Not a fan of ranch dressing but you can’t avoid it in today’s world. When you order hot wings and blue cheese what do you get? Ranch effing dressing
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Slightly OT: I went to see my ophthalmologist this week. We get way off topic sometimes. He suggested I eat an afternoon snack of sardines on a saltine cracker. I asked if I could substitute anchovies. He said “absolutely”. I then told him my family secret red gravy ingredient had been exposed. For years, people Have requested my homemade meatballs and marinara. No one knew I put anchovies is the sauce. When it was exposed a year or two ago my family was incredulous! They don’t like anchovies.....or so they said.
    Real Fan since 1958

I can't eat any seafood, which is 7, overall I scored 9 ..... only eggplant and liver as a "nonseafood" item.

My standard/litmus test was not do I like it. It was if it was wrapped in bacon and had a few beers, would I KNOWINGLY eat it then. Because I've had fish unknowingly (Fish Nacho's--right Dave), and crab, and raw fish (smoked salmon on an international flight, because I thought it was pork). Each time I got extremely ill.

Last edited by Doc; 07-30-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What I do eat - Chicken, cooked fish, grapes, ketchup, peanut butter, beef, pork, dark chocolate, coconut, onions, white chocolate, oranges, raisins, strawberries, apples, watermelon, pineapple, bananas & yogurt.

A matter of interpretation: if I buy a hamburger that has ketchup and mustard on it, I eat, but if I’m dressing my own burger, no mustard then or any other time.

Also, I do eat cereal with milk, but don’t drink milk or use it otherwise.

I have eaten wheat bread, but rarely and not lately and I like garlic bread, but no garlic anytime else.

I didn’t go back and recount, so my original figure might be off by one or two, but is clearly a ludicrous number.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    ok, I've gotta ask....

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Slightly OT: I went to see my ophthalmologist this week. We get way off topic sometimes. He suggested I eat an afternoon snack of sardines on a saltine cracker. I asked if I could substitute anchovies. He said “absolutely”. I then told him my family secret red gravy ingredient had been exposed. For years, people Have requested my homemade meatballs and marinara. No one knew I put anchovies is the sauce. When it was exposed a year or two ago my family was incredulous! They don’t like anchovies.....or so they said.
    Anchovies add great depth to dishes. I keep a tube of the paste b/c it lasts longer, and it's great in pasta dishes. It adds that extra layer and people have no idea that it's those nasty anchovies. lol.

Of course I eat them straight on caesar salad etc.

3. Raw fish, snail, beets. I love anchovies and sardines but don’t consider those raw. Not real fond of some of the others, like tofu and eggplant but I’d eat them before I’d starve. Not beets.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

3 raw fish, coconut and beets. If I were starving I might reconsider.

Picky Eater Test

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    2 - Tofu and coconut. Not a fan of ranch dressing but you can’t avoid it in today’s world. When you order hot wings and blue cheese what do you get? Ranch effing dressing
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    3 raw fish, coconut and beets. If I were starving I might reconsider.
    Fellow non-coconut eaters... Is it the texture, the flavor, or something else that keeps you from it? To me, it's like eating inedible pine straw or something.

I actually will eat chicken livers (fried) but took liver to mean beef which I cannot stand.

For beets, I cannot eat the canned beets but have found some fresh ones in a salad are not as bad.

Did someone mention Fish nachos? Fish is a fried item...nothing else for me. The reason my number is so high is that my wife's beliefs are kosher. The only seafood we eat have scales and do not feed off the bottom or scavenge.
    Likewise pork is not on the menu although when i choose to eat pork bacon, pepperoni pizza, or a pulled pork sandwich I'll have at it myself. We have the turkey and beef substitutes for many items on that list. I especially enjoy good crispy Butterball turkey bacon on a sandwich. try it and you will like it..just forget the bacon word and eat it for what it is.

I do like ranch dressing with celery sticks and wings. Goes REAL good with a peach habanaro soaked wing.

Fish nachos? Whoever heard of such a bar food?
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-31-2020 at 12:02 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain