Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Double red flags this morning at Navarre

Double red flags this morning at Navarre

Not my video clip, but wish I was there. This is right where we stayed last time.

Doesn't look bad, but rip currents like crazy right now. If you are at the beach, be careful.

https://twitter.com/ThomasGeboyWX/st...928576/video/1

Fab Five

Re: Double red flags this morning at Navarre

Isn’t there a tropical storm in the gulf?
    Real Fan since 1958

Double red flags this morning at Navarre

Surf fishing is probably good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Not my video clip, but wish I was there. This is right where we stayed last time.

Doesn't look bad, but rip currents like crazy right now. If you are at the beach, be careful.

https://twitter.com/ThomasGeboyWX/st...928576/video/1
    Not to often in a video warning about rips do you see such a great example (0:20ish). It's on the far left side roughly middle vertically, where the waves aren't really breaking. It looks almost like a calm channel of water that spills out behind the waves (highlighted in the image I attached).

RipCurrent.jpg

Very cool still photo on that, Pedro.

Bombino

Very cool still photo on that, Pedro.
    Thanks, I threw it together in a few minutes using Snipping Tool and PowerPoint.

My favorite rip tide picture has to be this one though where they added fluorescein to the water:

It clearly shows how the rip pulls the water (and people) out past the waves.

Now, that is an incredible photo, Pedro.
    Hopefully a very instructive one to the younguns out there (my grandkids included) about the unseen dangers that can be below the surface.
    Thnaks!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

That's an exceptional photo, Pedro. Very informative just at a glance.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I use the Snipping Tool a lot, and for months now I have had this message...."Snipping Tool is moving...In a future update, Snipping Tool will be moving to a new home. Try improved features and snip like usual with Snip & Sketch (or try the shortcut Windows logo key + Shift + S)."

My needs for it are plain, just to cut something I see, so I haven't bothered looking for anything else. Is it going to go away?

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Now, that is an incredible photo, Pedro.
    Hopefully a very instructive one to the younguns out there (my grandkids included) about the unseen dangers that can be below the surface.
    Thnaks!
    Agreed, giving kids accurate (not fear based) knowledge is the biggest part of the battle and this image does it in a great way. I have sent it to a number of friends of mine who are parents and they all said it was effective.

That's an exceptional photo, Pedro. Very informative just at a glance.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I use the Snipping Tool a lot, and for months now I have had this message...."Snipping Tool is moving...In a future update, Snipping Tool will be moving to a new home. Try improved features and snip like usual with Snip & Sketch (or try the shortcut Windows logo key + Shift + S)."

My needs for it are plain, just to cut something I see, so I haven't bothered looking for anything else. Is it going to go away?
    I get the same warning and have been for over a year now. My usage cases are the same as yours: quickly snip something and paste it into something else.

I have tried the new version a few times and it is getting better. It does have the ability to snip non-square shapes (which is VERY nice when I need it) but the slower response makes it a non-starter for me.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 07-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.