Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Pensacola Blue Wahoos today

As some may remember, I love minor league baseball and I think I have a particular affinity for AA ball. Just seems like the coolest teams hang out there.

One of my absolute favorites is the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. In addition to having a terrific name, their stadium is absolutely fantastic, with the bay just beyond the right-field fence (well, all fences, I guess, but mainly RF and CF). It's Florida, on the beach, and following their Twitter account today gave a good view of what Florida weather does in a manner of minutes.

First, left field looks great, but right field looks pretty dangerous, doesn't it?

1595546908.jpg

Then the next picture we see an absolute Noah's Ark level rainstorm hitting and you think they're going to be flooded away forever.

1595546963.jpg

And in just a few minutes, all is well. Love it.

1595546970.jpg
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-24-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Ahhh, summer afternoons in FL, where it might be raining in left field and sunny in right...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Pensacola Blue Wahoos today

Mrs. BEvans and I had dinner down in that area on our last beach trip and the stadium looked great--and like you said, it's in a prime location. Next time we're back during baseball season, we'll definitely take in a game.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-24-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I just love Pensacola Beach. Naval museum, Navy Blue Angels, water, beach, makeup of the people inhabiting the area, just terrific. Also love that you can go into town and watch the Blue Wahoos, or go see a live theatre show in a quaint venue, and have access to "city" things if you need.

If somebody gave me money to spend, I'd buy a 3 BR Portofino condo that is bigger than square footage of my house, with blissful nothingness past it for miles until you reach Navarre. Turn around the other direction, and you are in Pensacola proper in just a few minutes.

But those go for about $800k on a good day. I couldn't do $80k now lol. But I can dream.