Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little OT? If you wanted an oceanfront/view 2br place to retire to...

Re: A little OT? If you wanted an oceanfront/view 2br place to retire to...

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I thought the same thing but it is literally 5 steps to full kitchen from the wet bar...prefer that to walking to other end of the hallway to do laundry..or I should say my dear wife does...

And I do believe you sell yourself short on your skillset, sir. Try doing a vanity and if you do not have to move the plumbing, a toilet install. You would be surprised at what you can do.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Guys, thought I would post a mini-update on our MB Condo Purchase.

Inspection came back and not a lot major (leak in shower handle, warped cabinet bottom under kitchen sink, broken electric receptacle) except the HVAC had some leakage in the duct work. Also found out the HVAC was over 20 years old.

We asked owner to address plumbing leak an HVAC leak. Due to age, the HVAC company would not certify their repair would work. The owner, of his own accord, has volunteered to replace the HVAC system in full. Now that is a quality individual.

Closing is next Wednesday!

Ok quick equity update on my retirement condo...

We have updated the Kitchen with new cabinets and a new dishwasher. Wife has painted and decorated the whole place so it looks nice. Still have to update the bathrooms and install a laundry area so still some money to spend.

Having said that, based on other sales in the condo we have gained $140K in equity since Sept. 2020! That depends on current market staying the same and has been helped my Myrtle Beach being listed as the cheapest place to buy for ocean.

The downside lessons we have learned (we had never had a vacation/retirment 2nd home before) was about the annual assessments on top of the HOA for a 40 year old building (the collapse of the condo in Miami did not help) and the Additional Insurance (not HO6, I expected that) that is assessed every year. Those have added up to about $6000 addtional negative cash flow each year.

Rupp's Runt

For $140,000 profit I would have to think about selling. That would pay for a lot of vacations lol

Rupp's Runt

I am very happy here in Titusville, Florida. I can walk out to the end of my driveway and watch the space shots going up, and the launches at night are just spectacular.
    I most certainly would not mind a few more Kentucky fans living around me here, as opposed to all of the stinking snow buzzards from places like NY, NJ, Michigan, Illinois, etc.
    MOLON LABE!

I like the Ponce Inlet area. If I can hit this daggone lottery I may give it a hard look.
    Siesta Key would be my top choice on the Gulf lake side.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Siesta Key would be my top choice on the Gulf lake side.
    My favorite US beach so far.

I like the beach at Siesta Key. The overdevelopment not as much. It was busy when I first went down 40 years ago. Now it's completely developed. Back then most of the north part of the island was still just a few homes and mangroves.

Of course that's the story of Florida everywhere.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Having just been on Sanibel and Captiva for a week back in March, I have to say I did not enjoy those islands. Just way too isolated from a supply standpoint and took an hour to get off the island to get anything. Also, the beaches were very small and steep.

A little OT? If you wanted an oceanfront/view 2br place to retire to...

Crescent Beach just south of St Augustine is one of my favorites. Nice wide, flat beach with a minimal dune line. It’s the ocean so the tides are more pronounced and typically a tad rougher depending on weather.

Plus it’s close enough to St Augustine to be able to enjoy the restaurants, shops and attractions.

…also, my favorite bait and tackle shop/outfitters is located there, Devils Elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My roommate won't leave CA. The ONLY place she would consider back east is St Thomas or St John. I do have her thinking about Nevada around Carson City. East side of Lake Tahoe and another smaller lake called Washoe Lake. No tax on military retirement, lower cost of living and still close enough to CA, wineries etc that she may actually go for it in the next year or two. We've been renting the same place since we moved here in 2005 starting at 2600/month and for the last 5-6 years it's been 3k/month.

Her side of the family grandkids are in north GA which she/we visit about every 2-3 months. My grandkids are in Utah, and son and his wife in Nebraska.Aside from the politics, progressive policies, cost of living, and you're never certain if it's a guy or girl or cis, or pan or dumbass you're talking too, its a great place.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

St. Thomas and St John are both great places to visit. After my first visit to St Thomas I came home thinking it was closer to home than Hawaii, and the water and scenery were every bit as attractive. Remember I said visit. The Hurricane weather keeps me from considering it as a 2nd home. We have been back a couple of times and the short flight beats the he11 out the 8 hour trip to the 50th state.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.