Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single action or double action?

Rupp's Runt

Re: Single action or double action?

I bought both my wife and myself the Ruger EC9s. I carried it off duty, still carry it, actually. And my daughter has the 1st generation LC9.
    They're all 9 mm. Use the same magazines. All of the working components are exactly the same on all three.
    Continuity is important.

The LC9 and LCR are great guns. Haven't tried the EC9, but have no doubt it's a good one. Ruger makes great firearms. The 10/22 is so ubiquitous it's practically a requirement to own one. And you can mod that thing like a muscle car, lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

The trigger on the EC9s is better than the trigger on the LC9. Much smoother.
    The only thing I don't like about the gun is the push pin to field strip it.
    The designer had a serious brain fart with that tiny little push pin. Aside from that, it is a nice little concealed carry handgun.

lol. Can't be as bad as the release on the Ruger standard, the Mark series 22s. that gun is the sweetest shooting gun ever, but the release to remove the bolt and field strip is a booger bear if you don't get it lined up just right for reassembly. I've gotten the hang of it but it's far from obvious and it still frustrates at times. In fact I haven't shot it in so long I'll probably spend some time remembering. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Single action or double action?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    lol. Can't be as bad as the release on the Ruger standard, the Mark series 22s. that gun is the sweetest shooting gun ever, but the release to remove the bolt and field strip is a booger bear if you don't get it lined up just right for reassembly. I've gotten the hang of it but it's far from obvious and it still frustrates at times. In fact I haven't shot it in so long I'll probably spend some time remembering. lol
    Can I bring my Mark III to you to clean for me? It's probably only two decades overdue...

I know they've worked on them. The mechanisms they use are very reliable, but you know how picky people can be about trigger pull.
    People obsess over triggers. I just squeeze until the firearm barks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Can I bring my Mark III to you to clean for me? It's probably only two decades overdue...
    I saw a video of a guy at a gun range that has a lot of loaner firearms. He said people obsess over cleaning. He used an AR as an example. He said he lubes up the contact areas on the bolt and receiver, knock the loose buildup off the trigger and bolt carrier group, and that is pretty much it. He said he might strip them down to clean every 10,000 rounds.

Single action or double action?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I saw a video of a guy at a gun range that has a lot of loaner firearms. He said people obsess over cleaning. He used an AR as an example. He said he lubes up the contact areas on the bolt and receiver, knock the loose buildup off the trigger and bolt carrier group, and that is pretty much it. He said he might strip them down to clean every 10,000 rounds.
    I'm with him.

My next handgun I want to try is the Sig P320 compact. They make it in 45 and it's 9+1 in that caliber. I just worry it's still too big for most of my carry. If that doesn't work I also really like the Springfield XDS in 45.

Now I carry 357 and really don't care to step down too far from that heft of round. 45 is a good move from there to get to a rimless semiauto cartridge. I like the 357 Sig but I don't care for specialty calibers. I want pretty stock calibers for most of what I use.

I love my XD9. I am a bigger guy so the larger gun works for me for handfeel. the 45 had a bit more kick than I like from an accuracy standpoint.

The kick in a 45 for a carry size is an issue. I'm used to the 357 though so it's not that big a difference, but there is some.

I really like the 357 Sig, but it's such a specialized caliber. Also considered the 40 S&W, but I'm definitely going to put a box through the 45 if I can before I buy one. In a full size 1911 it's fine, and I've shot the 1911 compacts and they're fine (wouldn't want to shoot 200 rounds in it), but the Springfield is even lighter, and I imagine the Sig is as well but haven't tried either.

The kick in a 45 for a carry size is an issue. I'm used to the 357 though so it's not that big a difference, but there is some.

I really like the 357 Sig, but it's such a specialized caliber. Also considered the 40 S&W, but I'm definitely going to put a box through the 45 if I can before I buy one. In a full size 1911 it's fine, and I've shot the 1911 compacts and they're fine (wouldn't want to shoot 200 rounds in it), but the Springfield is even lighter, and I imagine the Sig is as well but haven't tried either.
    It’s tough to beat the 1911 as a fun to shoot .45.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It’s tough to beat the 1911 as a fun to shoot .45.
    I agree. I like shooting a full size .45 ACP. But do not want to carry one anymore. Way too heavy.