Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Putting A Price Tag On Slavery/ Reparations...

Putting A Price Tag On Slavery/ Reparations...

If I heard this correctly on FOX news last night on the Shannon Bream show the Dems are suggesting the following for reparations.

So the number they’ve came up with is $6.2 quadrillion dollars which comes out to every African American to be paid $151 million. Which would cost every non African American $18.96 million.

I’m a wee bit short on my ante...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 07-13-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Putting A Price Tag On Slavery/ Reparations...

Is that 24x the national debt? Or does it matter?

On the reparations part....do whites whos families innigrated in the 1900's or 2000's require to ante up? What about african americans who immigrated here, do they get paid? Does all the previous money received ie welfare and medicaide and social security, get deducted for those who received it?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Those numbers show that Dems really aren’t serious about reparations.

Does all the previous money received ie welfare and medicaide and social security, get deducted for those who received it?
    This!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    This!!
    the taxpayers have spent $22 trillion on Johnson's war. which was basically the National dept prior to the COVID payouts.

So imagine, without welfare, the nation is solvent.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What if your ancestors didn't own any slaves? My family has been poor dirt farmers for as far back as anyone has found, certainly back to the earlier 1700s. AFAIK none of them owned anyone, and it's likely some of them were probably indentured servants, a form of contracted slavery.

So technically I should get a small check as well, as opposed to paying.

But it's an interesting notion, that descendants are responsible for the crimes of their ancestors. It will be the law in America and the Klingon Empire, and that's about it as far as I know.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

What if your ancestors didn't own any slaves? My family has been poor dirt farmers for as far back as anyone has found, certainly back to the earlier 1700s. AFAIK none of them owned anyone, and it's likely some of them were probably indentured servants, a form of contracted slavery.

Times 2

in KY plus Grandad was a moonshiner, and in Illinois they were underground coal miners
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

But it's an interesting notion, that descendants are responsible for the crimes of their ancestors. It will be the law in America and the Klingon Empire, and that's about it as far as I know.

This was my point. My maternal great grandparents immigrated to this country in the last 1900's, to rural NY. They were affectionately referred to as DIRT FARMERS (as opposed to dirt poor) because all they grew was dirt. They survived on meager earnings, so much so my grandfather dropped out of school to farm and care for his siblings when his mother died. They did not have any slaves. As for my paternal grandparents...not sure other than they were poor and drunks. God knows they had no slaves.

And what about the Wenyen Gabriels of this nation? Would he be due a check, considering he arrived here in the 2000's, well after the Republicans ended slavery, instilled civil rights legislation and made sure that minorities have the right to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Times 2

in KY plus Grandad was a moonshiner, and in Illinois they were underground coal miners
    Your grandad likely ran 'shine to my paternal granddaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Is that 24x the national debt? Or does it matter?

On the reparations part....do whites whos families innigrated in the 1900's or 2000's require to ante up? What about african americans who immigrated here, do they get paid? Does all the previous money received ie welfare and medicaide and social security, get deducted for those who received it?
    Need to add 300 millions of dollars this gifted expenditure cost the American Taxpayer. The National Museum of African American History and Culture

Located in Washington, D.C., the museum opened to the public in 2016. Congress established the museum in 2003 and, according to its website, is "the only national museum devoted exclusively to the documentation of African American life, history, and culture."

The Smithsonian exhibit is in addition to these major black life exhibits in thse major cities..........
    [29] In the meantime, other cities moved forward with major new African-American museums. The city of Detroit opened a $38.4 million, 120,000-square-foot (11,000 m2) Museum of African-American History in 1997,[12] and the city of Cincinnati was raising funds for a $90 million, 157,000-square-foot (14,600 m2) National Underground Railroad Freedom Center (which broke ground in 2002).[30] In 2000, a private group—upset with congressional delays—proposed constructing a $40 million, 400,000-square-foot (37,000 m2) museum on Poplar Point, a site on the Anacostia River across from the Washington Navy Yard.[31]
    seeya
    dan

I’ve never owned a slave. The people who think they deserve these reparations have never been a slave. I don’t owe them sh!t!! They can all kiss my ass!