Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

And is scary as hell...basically, that model lets California, Texas, FL, NY, and IL determine the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    And is scary as hell...basically, that model lets California, Texas, FL, NY, and IL determine the presidency.

I was going to throw OH into that list, but no matter, I think we all get the point.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

This dies when we have an election like 2004, when the Republican gets the most votes.

I love the concept for the delicious irony that requiring someone prove their identity to vote is disenfranchising people, but a state law potentially nullifying every vote of every one of its citizens to pick someone they didn't vote for b/c other state's voters did is somehow OK.

So much for the Left caring about "democracy".

If anyone tells you any political party gives a damn for anything they are saying, try to sell them some ocean front property in Menifee county.

The SCOTUS won't let it stand b/c, unlike the recent ruling on faithless electors, it goes the exact opposite way on being true to the wishes of the voters. Besides violating the constitutional ban on states making any such "pact" between themselves (a real problem with the Articles of Confederation that the Framers wanted to head off), it's also a clear violation of the 14th and other Amendments, the Voting Rights Act and a slew of other voting protections. It would create the possibility of nullifying people's votes on a per state basis, which cannot possibly stand.

The only legal way to change the system is constitutional amendment, which small states will never agree to (other than some blue ones whose leaders don't care about their individual citizens). THus the reason for this compromised system in the first place.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.