Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Aww. Elderly mayor of Clanton died of Covid-19 today

Aww. Elderly mayor of Clanton died of Covid-19 today

84, definitely a high risk patient and not surprising he couldn't beat it. Was transferred to St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham last week. Thought he was doing better early this week, then everything started shutting down.

He was mayor for 35 or 36 years and was planning on retiring in January. Never lost a local election.

If you have ever stopped off to get Peach ice cream or a sandwich at Peach Park on your way to or from the beach on I-65, you were in his town. He's been a very popular Mayor his entire life.

Rest in peace, Mayor.

Re: Aww. Elderly mayor of Clanton died of Covid-19 today

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Aww. Elderly mayor of Clanton died of Covid-19 today

Clanton was/is always one my stops coming and going...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Billy Joe Driver really marketed Clanton, AL and made it a must stop venue along the interstate. He was a proponent of changing the water tower into a giant peach. He made the peach the symbol of the city. You don't find people in politics as popular as this guy. He got everyone in the city moving in a positive direction. RIP Billy Joe.
    Real Fan since 1958

I do not intend for this comment to be disrespectful of his passing but I am thankful for Covid as without it his passing would have been credited to old age.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.